Semi automatic rifles need increase DAMAGE

«1
idk1233211
106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
With the new jungle map, it will be nice to have custom scopes that i can choose up to 6x, and increase damage

Comments

  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    not really
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 9
    The whole system for gun balancing needs a reboot but x6 scopes for SARs? Lol no thanks
  • JedMosley81
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They are getting a buff, I assume decreasing the damage drop off so the enemy goes down easier at range. 6x scope for anything other than recon is ridiculous and will break the game
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    3x scope without glint needs to be removed from SAR's or glint and serious recoil added.

    That would be a better idea.
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 9
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    3x scope without glint needs to be removed from SAR's or glint and serious recoil added.

    That would be a better idea.

    Building on 5.0 I don’t think they need a serious recoil increase, adding a lil HRec’ll and significantly nerfing the effectiveness of the hipfire specs across the board (whilst buffing the base hipfire accuracy of SMGs) would be better imho.
    Meanwhile the ARs should have their 4HK range buffed to 30m (and SMGs should have their 4HK buffed to 20m and LMGs’ to 40m) so they’re stronger at short-medium range than SARs as they should be.

    A lil HRec’ll be enough to stop noobs from chain spamming shots at 50m+ and with that nerf to the hipfire specs SARs won’t be able to comfortably beat most SMGs and ARs (in most cases) in CQC and at short-medium range anymore.
    The end result would be that whilst SARs are still really good at 30-50m they won’t be able to easily outgun recons and medics in their niches anymore.

    The weapon classes will therefore have optimal engagement distances at
    Shotguns 0-10m
    SMGs 0-20m
    ARs 10-30m
    LMGs 20-40m (I have a few tweaks in mind for them too which I haven’t included above)
    SARs 30-50m
    SLRs and BAs (Likewise I have a few tweaks in mind and could expand)
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ^ of course the above is incomplete and I could post the rest of the changes I think the gunplay needs if you’re curious. Essentially I believe that making the guns more realistic in most regards would help to make the balance in-game a lot better. I mean damn if weapons didn’t have distinct preferential deployment roles irl then the range of guns being produced today irl wouldn’t be nearly as diverse as it is
  • CT1924
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    idk1233211 wrote: »
    With the new jungle map, it will be nice to have custom scopes that i can choose up to 6x, and increase damage

    M1A1 carbine definitely. 3btk cqc.
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 9
    CT1924 wrote: »
    idk1233211 wrote: »
    With the new jungle map, it will be nice to have custom scopes that i can choose up to 6x, and increase damage

    M1A1 carbine definitely. 3btk cqc.

    I don’t know about that. It always irks me when a significantly weaker gun somehow does more damage than more powerful ones.

    Ive heard that the M1A1 was a monstrosity on PC before 5.2 and all in all I feel that it was pretty well balanced. I’m on Xbox and it’s never been my gun of choice but I mean it has a 30 round mag, the lowest recoil amongst the SARs (bar the 10 round mag AG) and a faster TTK than the Selb1916

    I’m good with the Selb1916 and the SMLE, MAS and Karabin and I feel like I should’ve gotten on well with the M1A1 but we just didn’t click
  • idk1233211
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mf_shro0m said:
    The whole system for gun balancing needs a reboot but x6 scopes for SARs? Lol no thanks

    lol, i meant up to, so we can have 2.5 3.5 4.5 4x something like that.
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    idk1233211 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    lol, i meant up to, so we can have 2.5 3.5 4.5 4x something like that.

    I’d be fine with SARs having access to a x2 scope that’s like a x2 acog and believe that players should have access to a x2 iron sights for guns but they really shouldn’t have anything more powerful than a x3 for SARs.
    In 5.0 the SARs were straight up better than the SLRs and often outsniped BAs which contributed to the poor class balance. 5.2 won’t last and so tbh there’s no point trying to tweak. I agree that at the moment the SARs are weak and as usual Dice took the nerfs too far but regardless, giving SARs even x4.5 scopes is not a good idea. The game does not need more campers, it has far too many already
  • idk1233211
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 9
    mf_shro0m said:
    idk1233211 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    lol, i meant up to, so we can have 2.5 3.5 4.5 4x something like that.

    I’d be fine with SARs having access to a x2 scope that’s like a x2 acog and believe that players should have access to a x2 iron sights for guns but they really shouldn’t have anything more powerful than a x3 for SARs.
    In 5.0 the SARs were straight up better than the SLRs and often outsniped BAs which contributed to the poor class balance. 5.2 won’t last and so tbh there’s no point trying to tweak. I agree that at the moment the SARs are weak and as usual Dice took the nerfs too far but regardless, giving SARs even x4.5 scopes is not a good idea. The game does not need more campers, it has far too many already

    well have smoke, use it, and you push campers with squad mates.

    that is how you deal with campers.

    i dont believe battlefield v has a camping problem.
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    idk1233211 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    well have smoke, use it, and you push campers with squad mates.
    that is how you deal with campers.
    i dont believe battlefield v has a camping problem.

    The problem with that is that only medics have smoke and ptfo as a medic on most of the maps is out of the question for the vast majority of players due to the weapons that medics have available to them. So for most of the maps the only players who can viably be a medic are the good players and there are only so many of them. This leads to there being a stark shortage of medics on maps like Hamada, Aerodrome, Twisted Steel, etc and so making it necessary for teams to have at least a certain number of medics just to help counter campers just doesn’t work out

    Additionally, knowing how to use smokes well is a skill in and of itself and so only a portion of medics are even any good with their smokes which just exacerbated the problem above

    Dude, if you want to play as a sniper or a designated marksmen just play as recon
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The whole system for gun balancing needs a reboot but x6 scopes for SARs? Lol no thanks

    lol, i meant up to, so we can have 2.5 3.5 4.5 4x something like that.
    Everything above 2x scope without glint should be removed from everything except sniper class or glint added to everything above 2x scope.
  • CT1924
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mf_shro0m wrote: »
    CT1924 wrote: »
    idk1233211 wrote: »
    With the new jungle map, it will be nice to have custom scopes that i can choose up to 6x, and increase damage

    M1A1 carbine definitely. 3btk cqc.

    I don’t know about that. It always irks me when a significantly weaker gun somehow does more damage than more powerful ones.

    Ive heard that the M1A1 was a monstrosity on PC before 5.2 and all in all I feel that it was pretty well balanced. I’m on Xbox and it’s never been my gun of choice but I mean it has a 30 round mag, the lowest recoil amongst the SARs (bar the 10 round mag AG) and a faster TTK than the Selb1916

    I’m good with the Selb1916 and the SMLE, MAS and Karabin and I feel like I should’ve gotten on well with the M1A1 but we just didn’t click

    The M1A1 has a 4 btk at 450 rof. The damage drop-off is severe.
  • idk1233211
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    They will in 6.2, but not with 6x. You wanna make Recon even worse? Oh right, "but it one shot", yes, and so do the shotguns, which I will gladly use on you if I ever see you in game.....

    could you explain in better english for us?
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 wrote: »
    CT1924 wrote: »
    idk1233211 wrote: »
    With the new jungle map, it will be nice to have custom scopes that i can choose up to 6x, and increase damage

    M1A1 carbine definitely. 3btk cqc.

    I don’t know about that. It always irks me when a significantly weaker gun somehow does more damage than more powerful ones.

    Ive heard that the M1A1 was a monstrosity on PC before 5.2 and all in all I feel that it was pretty well balanced. I’m on Xbox and it’s never been my gun of choice but I mean it has a 30 round mag, the lowest recoil amongst the SARs (bar the 10 round mag AG) and a faster TTK than the Selb1916

    I’m good with the Selb1916 and the SMLE, MAS and Karabin and I feel like I should’ve gotten on well with the M1A1 but we just didn’t click

    The M1A1 has a 4 btk at 450 rof. The damage drop-off is severe.

    It became a 5HK past 50m and doesn’t drop lower than that. That’s not severe

    What I realised when I was writing my previous comment was that I was using the M1A1 wrong. During my trials with it I used it as if I were holding an SMLE or a MAS when really I should’ve been using it as if I was using a Selb1916.

    Compared to the SMLE and MAS, altho the M1A1 has less recoil and a bigger mag it has a slower body shots TTK at all ranges and that’s why I was getting outgunned when I shouldn’t have been. The M1A1 really excels if you can consistently land quick successive headshots under pressure but on my sub 4K TV I just can’t do that and so for me and most players it’s inferior to the SMLE and MAS (and would be to the Garand no doubt) for ptfo

    However the M1A1’s TTKs were 0.533 and 0.667, which is faster than the Selb1916’s 0.674 at all ranges. It’s super low recoil makes it particularly well suited to longer range engagements (30m+) and is a lot lower than the Selb’s. The M1A1 also doesn’t have that thing that adds additional recoil to successive shots making landing successive shots easier. With the high velocity rounds spec it’s muzzle velocity is only ~10% lower than the Selb1916’s which is pretty insignificant.

    All in all whilst the M1A1 isn’t a match for SMLEs in the hands of most players, it is potentially a better version of the Selb1916.

    If/when we get decent TTKs back I’m gonna try playing with it as if it was a Selb. I think it’s definitely worth a try

    If they made the M1A1 a 3HK in CQC itd be too much better than the Selb and would probably become the best SAR overall. It’d be bad for balancing
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Or were you talking about in 5.2.2?
    If you were I mean 5.2 and 5.2.2 have broken the game and all the SARs need tweaking. Upon reviewing I think they’d actually balanced it pretty well in 5.0 and would like to see that balancing structure for the SARs continue. Plus the G1-5’s a 360rpm 3HK in CQC and making the M1A1 a 450rpm 3HK in CQC would break the game even more
  • talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mf_shro0m wrote: »
    Or were you talking about in 5.2.2?
    If you were I mean 5.2 and 5.2.2 have broken the game and all the SARs need tweaking. Upon reviewing I think they’d actually balanced it pretty well in 5.0 and would like to see that balancing structure for the SARs continue. Plus the G1-5’s a 360rpm 3HK in CQC and making the M1A1 a 450rpm 3HK in CQC would break the game even more

    They were better then Slrs in 5.0. So no they were not "balanced".
Sign In or Register to comment.