This Week in Battlefield V - February 3 Edition - Update 6.0 | Chapter 6: Into the Jungle Begins

Comments

• Braddock512
    1475 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    TeRRaN1VA said:
    TeRRaN1VA said:

It is 39GB of download on PC, bud i un-installed it, and closed the clan to.
    said...afther all does year.
    It's actually not 39GB for the update. 
    That's the game hashchecking to confirm viability and consistency of the files installed. 
    Before updating, you can alway try a quick Repair Game.

-Braddock512
    Like i wrote down, i uninstalled the game

I read what you wrote. I was providing details on your incorrect conclusion on the size of the update and how to resolve the issue of hashchecking. 

Have a good one.

ToW menu shows only 7 upcoming weeks. Is it true and the chapter is so short?
    It's just showing the first 7 weeks. The chapter is normal length. 

-Braddock512
  • rorypreston
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 6
    Has the option to remove auto-snap come in with 6.0 because I thought I'd turned it off but it still seems to be active. I know it says (single player only) on the menu but I assumed that was an oversight
  • HugoPlayNow
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the idea of being able to directly access a new map.  I played last night and selected the "wrong" multiplayer rotation and never got to the new map.

At least this way I can't miss it...lol
  • PoorMatador
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m liking the new stuff so far; but, it’s still incredibly frustrating to play when I spend more time trying to find a balanced, decent lobby than I do actually playing the game. I would say at least 3 out of 5 games I join the team I get placed on is either dominated and spawn trapped or, even more annoying, when they’re dominated, spawn trapped, AND down about 10 players. Is there any word at all from the devs about a team balancing system?
  • HugoPlayNow
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree, If I'm on a bad team in conquest/breakthrough on XB1, I know I'll be losing as long as I am logged in.

I thought team balancing was near perfect in BF1.  Confused why they just didn't carry over the programming.

Looking forward to better tank balancing...can't figure out why invading side gets 8 tanks and defending side might have 2.  Wouldn't be so bad if the AT weapons did anything more than 13% damage.  What's the use?

This game is so close to being a good game!  The graphics are great, gameplay feel is really good, soldier movement is good...just need to perfect weapon and team balancing!
  • gosh_at
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What's the point of rolling out new challenge and new map while you guys in EA cannot put a stop on HACKERS! Every round I go in now in the Jungle Map has at least 1 hacker. You guys are literally cheating our money.
  • ragnarok013
    3666 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    gosh_at wrote: »
    What's the point of rolling out new challenge and new map while you guys in EA cannot put a stop on HACKERS! Every round I go in now in the Jungle Map has at least 1 hacker. You guys are literally cheating our money.

@gosh_at don’t derail the thread stay on topic. If you want to discuss cheating do it in the megathread.
  • rorypreston
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

@gosh_at don’t derail the thread stay on topic. If you want to discuss cheating do it in the megathread.
    Does anyone read the megathread? People are commenting here because the moderators actually seem to pay attention to this thread. DICE hasn't even acknowledged cheating is a problem yet....
  • Braddock512
    1475 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V

Does anyone read the megathread? People are commenting here because the moderators actually seem to pay attention to this thread. DICE hasn't even acknowledged cheating is a problem yet....
    Yes, our teams do review posts in the megathread. However, there's nothing we're able to say at this time other than to properly report them. 

-Braddock512
  • 9JIE
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    3200000 for 7 weeks is not fair! Pls rethink about it
  • Steppenwolf187
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 8
    Chapter 6 (7 weeks) required 3.200.000 chapter XP to get the gold dog-tag, which means playing for 65.307 XP each day.
    Chapter 5 (12 weeks) and chapter 4 (12 weeks) required 2.966.600 chapter XP to get the gold tag, which was playing for 35.317 XP each day.

Braddock512 wrote 06.02.2020 6:51PM

-Braddock512
    Post edited by Steppenwolf187 on
  • Goztow
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Squad conquest still does not work. When you try to join a game, it stays in the menu. I know 5 people who all have the same bug. We cannot join squad conquest. Plz fix!
  • emadnessinsoho
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    what about last chapter M27 unlock? I couldnt get it. wasn't it supposed to be "bought" now with regular coins?
  • mesterKG
    92 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Goztow wrote: »
    Squad conquest still does not work. When you try to join a game, it
    stays in the menu. I know 5 people who all have the same bug. We cannot
    join squad conquest. Plz fix!

I have this issue as well
  • talhaONE
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    soldier movement is good...
    ADAD spam is not good.

• MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    2nd year not-dealing-with-cheat anniversary.
  • ashleyandnicole
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only just realised that the chapter rewards required to rank up a tier gets higher and higher as you level up, you people should be god damn ashamed of yourselves, disgusting, absolutely disgraceful, how do you expect people to earn around 138K XP to level up a single tier ? You deserve all that failure that is coming to you, your time in this industry is limited, enjoy it while you can, make me feel sick.
  • HugoPlayNow
    talhaONE said:
    soldier movement is good...
    ADAD spam is not good.

-----------------------------

I have trouble keeping up with acronyms...

What's ADAD mean?

• Braddock512
    edited February 10
    what about last chapter M27 unlock? I couldnt get it. wasn't it supposed to be "bought" now with regular coins?
    You should be able to purchase Chapter 5 primary guns from TOW unlocks in your Company. There were some issues with getting some weapons like the Jungle Carbine, but a back-end update that rolled out today should have addressed those issues. However, sidearms and melee weapons are generally not purchasable via the Company. I'll check on that and see if there will be an option in the future.

Only just realised that the chapter rewards required to rank up a tier gets higher and higher as you level up, you people should be god damn ashamed of yourselves, disgusting, absolutely disgraceful, how do you expect people to earn around 138K XP to level up a single tier ? You deserve all that failure that is coming to you, your time in this industry is limited, enjoy it while you can, make me feel sick.
    Most Weekly TOW XP accrual - if you complete the nodes - get's you around 80-120K Chapter XP. Plus, a good amount of the Weekly ToW Rewards are Tier Skips, so as soon as you complete the weekly mission, not only do you have the Chapter XP you earned by completing nodes (which increases your Chapter progression), but you also automatically skip a tier in the rewards. Moreover, we've increased Chapter XP accrual based on performance in-game. You earn more Chapter XP if you play better, just like regular XP. 

Now, regarding the last bit of your message, we're definitely open to constructive feedback - positive and negative. What you wrote was not it. If you'd like to try again, perhaps offering an alternative suggestion to how progression should be handled, please do so. 

-Braddock512
    Post edited by Braddock512 on
  • Braddock512
    9JIE said:
    3200000 for 7 weeks is not fair! Pls rethink about it
    Chapter 6 (7 weeks) required 3.200.000 chapter XP to get the gold dog-tag, which means playing for 65.307 XP each day.
    Chapter 5 (12 weeks) and chapter 4 (12 weeks) required 2.966.600 chapter XP to get the gold tag, which was playing for 35.317 XP each day.

Braddock512 wrote 06.02.2020 6:51PM

-Braddock512
    Chapter 6 will be 12 weeks. As previously noted, it's just showing the first 7 weeks in the Chapter Overview.

-Braddock512
This discussion has been closed.