Battlefield V huge random FPS drop / random high latency

Allions
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqU2wdFKso4

Hello, i'm having this huge problem with Battlefiled V since the december update.

Before that i could play totally fine. I have random huge FPS drop /high latency, where everything on the screen go slowly. Also the audio is affected.

I've tried a complete installation of Nvidia display drivers with DDU, changing the setting in NVIDIA control panel (everything set to low)  but it's always like this. Before the update i could play at high without any big problems. Now i play at low and i constantly get this situation. Any suggestions?

My pc spec are: Asus GL503VM-ED032T Notebook, Processor i7-7700HQ, 2.8 GHz, SSD 128 GB + HDD 5600 rpm 1000 GB, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1060

This is my dxdiag: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Battlefield-V-huge-random-FPS-drop-random-high-latency/m-p/8730805/thread-id/24653?attachment-id=372672

Comments

• Nzz1
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Open "msconfig" and disable EVERY program in startup :)
  • CSO7777
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you use DX12, the game can stutter first time you play a map (it will only stutter the first time on a map).

Try ISLC (from the maker of DDU) which fixes memory issues with Windows 10. Download the program start it and click on 'start', leave it running in the background when you play BFV.

Check that your laptop is not overheating as well, the game stresses the hardware a lot, make sure all the vents are free from dust etc.
  • Allions
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I figured out that is hardware realted... CPU overheating at 98/100°. Send laptop to repair because is in warranty. 
  • Isthatyoudave
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If your getting constant stutter in BFV  and bf1 it can be memory related. 

I can show this by overclocking my ram, once it gets to a point where the motherboard simply cant cope with the higher speed ram the game starts to stutter and look like it is out of sync with the monitor. Other games are not effected by this as much as BF1 and BFV. 
    If I drop the ram speed right down to the motherboards non overlcocked memory spec the game goes smooth apart from the initial load in stutters and freezes right at the start.

The games seem to hit memory hard for some reason and stable ram in tests may not be stable in game.

I can not stop the initial lag and load stutter that happens when i first load into a level. It always does a freeze hitch after about 10-20 seconds of loading in too. Even in story mode it does this. Then all goes smooth and no more stutters.

The game behaves no different when the cpu is at stock or large overclock either. ram makes the most difference.