[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• doyoufeeltheLOVE
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Last 30 games of firestorm i played, probably Max 1 was without cheaters. There is just no point in playing anymore
  • JCap334
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have completely given up on EA/DICE to fix the absolutely rampant cheating epidemic in BFV. Just about every single day I play, which is mainly TDM, there are at least a few rounds with a completely blatant aimbotter. Last night, a player comes into the server and just gets nonstop head shots across the map and goes 73-1. It boggles my mind that this has been going on for so long. I've been PC multiplayer gaming for over 20 years and I've never seen so much cheating in any game in my life. EA/DICE should be ashamed of themselves. I doubt I'm going to be buying the next Battlefield game.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    995 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not on pc but I do follow this thread because it's hard for me to understand why they do it. Are there any hackers here that can shed some light as to why they cheat? It can't be fun to win that way. Help me to understand.
  • Bryjo3
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not on pc but I do follow this thread because it's hard for me to understand why they do it. Are there any hackers here that can shed some light as to why they cheat? It can't be fun to win that way. Help me to understand.
    Because why not? Humans are generally pretty vile and in any competitive game you will find some that go to any lengths to get an unfair advantage. On console it still exists in the form of using glitches and OP weapon combos (akimbo Model 1887 anyone?). On console it's not that infuriating because they usually are within the confines of the game itself (I would still consider glitching cheating). On PC, you have blatant aimbotters that lock onto you like GTA and shoot you dead in half a second. Even worse is there is wallhacks where a good player can completely dominate.

What is so bad is it is clear EA is not pumping enough money into the problem. They are using their in-house solution, but clearly it's ineffective. Invest in BattlEye and Easy Anti Cheat and this game would be cheat free overnight. They won't though. I wish they would just not release battlefield on PC anymore honestly. If you're not going to put good anticheat just don't release it, seriously.
  • QU4NT0R
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Loony said:
    I'm in Australian where there are the usual bunch we all know are sus but most are clean players. Unfortunately there just isn't much choice where to play so I venture to some Asian servers.... which usually is far from hack free. Its almost comical sometimes. 

There are obvious ones that are low level with crazy k/d's, one shooting players... but yesterday i saw this....
    2 players in a locked squad, at the time both were 0/2... and their score was climbing 16 points per second, in sync with each other. Other players you can see the score rise every now and then but not as fast at these two. (I recorded it but cant post without risk of "naming and shaming")
    They werent doing anything. just sitting there are score boosting. After saying the obvious in chat, suddenly they started being active - screenshot was taken after being called out.

I mean, most hackers want to be at the top with high K/D trying to impress everyone ( and failing to do that....) but to just sit and score boost?? wow, i dont get it.

Let me tell you what they're doing... Did you felt spotted for the whole match with only rarely seeing flares ? Most Cheats do have an Auto-Spotting function which will spot all enemies on the whole map (for your whole team ofc) with the press of one button... (working like the recon-binocular - not the flare)... So they're sitting in the spawn... Doing nothing... just spotting and farming "spotting points" and "spotting assists"... So they're leveling through the ranks of Tides of War without having to do anything.... I've already seen "spotters" leaving a game with 60-70k XP... As this "cheat" is working for all classes it's showing only another easy thing Failfight should normally detect and instantly punish... 
  • Hercules728
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Subtle cheaters are in every match . Blatant aim botters were on at least 6 rounds yesterday. Not sure why Dice couldn't hire 2 guys to check their servers in each region. It would be so easy to get rid of the obvious cheaters, it would really clean up the game. 
  • I9sixty2
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    it's a disgrace
  • TheRealFoe
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 10
    I sometimes wonder if other company's send in trolls to destroy a game ,they have done a fine job if so.

bf 5 firstorm 0 wins took the whole server down with his other hack buddy that had 0 wins   these guy just getting new accounts .  please ban the credit cards.
    You really need a moderator spectating firestorm until it becomes popular because these bot jockeys are keeping this great game mode down.

Its a beautiful house you built ,shame about the rampant cockroach infestation.. have you tried to call a exterminator ? .
    Post edited by TheRealFoe on
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loony said:
    I'm in Australian where there are the usual bunch we all know are sus but most are clean players. Unfortunately there just isn't much choice where to play so I venture to some Asian servers.... which usually is far from hack free. Its almost comical sometimes. 

There are obvious ones that are low level with crazy k/d's, one shooting players... but yesterday i saw this....
    2 players in a locked squad, at the time both were 0/2... and their score was climbing 16 points per second, in sync with each other. Other players you can see the score rise every now and then but not as fast at these two. (I recorded it but cant post without risk of "naming and shaming")
    They werent doing anything. just sitting there are score boosting. After saying the obvious in chat, suddenly they started being active - screenshot was taken after being called out.

I mean, most hackers want to be at the top with high K/D trying to impress everyone ( and failing to do that....) but to just sit and score boost?? wow, i dont get it.

Probably not cheating. The first revive and the second supply.
    Their scores were rising 16 points per second, in sync with each other.
    It's not too hard to look this game up, I wish people like you would quit spouting out garbage, they were not reviving.  All you do is give excuses to hackers...And at this point, when people (read:YOU) give misdirection like this, it makes me *really* wonder about you, if you get my drift.

Now, as for resupplying, the first player on this list (this is not an end game screen shot) has 408 resupplies and over 1000 bandage uses.  The second player has 409 resupplies and over 7000 heals.

PS: Yup, that squad mate is a hacker for sure, too.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PrOdyh said:
    @TFBisquit

It is very simple to explain with a daily comparison:

Do you take care of throwing away your neighbor's trash or just throwing away yours?

Of course there are cheats in Europe, but it does not mean that in addition to having them in Europe we must also have them from other countries.

What I mean, is that since DICE does not have the solution to hackers, unless it prevents Europe from having to play against hackers from other regions.
    A casual look at any round on battlefieldtracker.com that displays a CN server shows a massive increase in completely open aimbot usage.  It's no wonder that the legitimate Chinese players (Both of them?) all come to other continents for a gaming experience.
  • Dynamyte71
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

These guys should never make it through a match if there was actually a running anti-cheat in the game.

You think a game report snag would be proof enough, but I usually have to accompany it with a video (and keep it under 5mb btw).

As far as I am concerned with the PC state of this game today Dice and EA need to just be transparent. If they do not have the capability to in house to come up with an anti-cheat software, and if paying for someone else's IP either is not feasible (because of the size of the PC market) or is an expense that somehow compromises shareholder return then they need to be open about it. Hell, EA and Origin could save themselves some money on the corporate suits that help them draft their ToS' since they do nothing to enforce them anyway and save themselves a little more cheddar. If that is the avenue that they want to pursue, then they need shut their pie-hole about "cross-platform" as the consoles don't need any part of crap we see daily.

• OftenShot
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We have to admit it's the best reverse anti cheat in PC gaming!
  • 19Romulus84
    93 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What happened to this game is what I want to cry. Every second game is a Chinese cheater with a ping of 150 and such a result. There used to be no people with such pings and now there are and there are many more cheats. I like this game but there is already a plague of cheats as it will not change I end this game forever because it can't be like that. 
  • SHiFTeR
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HcLing37 wrote: »
    If only cheaters could be hardware banned.
    Want to play again? buy a new shiny gpu.

Nah, imagine buying a computer second hand to play your favorite game just to realize that you can’t because the hardware is flagged. Would be Better to tie every account to a person by electronic ID. Ban the person for a year If caught cheating.

Absolutely agree, I proposed the same independently on your opinion. Tie it with electronic ID and after one year, if he wants to play, the price for the game will be triple :)
  • Jaqueramaphan1
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game has become unplayable. In almost every server I join one team gets stomped because a clan of players with a 70:2 K:D ratio has stacked one side. There's no reason to continue to play this unbalanced piece of garbage any more. A great engine, with great gameplay and beautiful graphics ruined because Dice can't be bothered to offer actual consequences to hackers. 
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loony said:

It's not too hard to look this game up, I wish people like you would quit spouting out garbage, they were not reviving.  All you do is give excuses to hackers...And at this point, when people (read:YOU) give misdirection like this, it makes me *really* wonder about you, if you get my drift.

Now, as for resupplying, the first player on this list (this is not an end game screen shot) has 408 resupplies and over 1000 bandage uses.  The second player has 409 resupplies and over 7000 heals.

"People like you"... Listen, I'm not given cheaters excuses, but telling what PROBABLY happened. Read the words, before you make conclusions. Or assume things about me or my motives. I have reported cheaters, but unlike you here, I provide hard evidence. Facts and video proof. You, on the other hand, are giving them "honorable" titles, like credit them as "hackers". Hackers are skilled at coding and write their own scripts. Cheaters do not, and thats why they are only cheaters. So, don't call cheating players hackers, its way below that.
    As for probability, your hackusation is based on points and one session only. Not observations or explanations. First thing I see here, is a medic and a support class working together. Let me tell you something. I've seen this happening couple of times in-game, among teamplayers out of reach from enemy. Therefor my first thought here.  With support and medic supply, they both give points to each other every other second. They can also blow themselves up, and revive each other.
    Overall stats does not tell you what happened in that game session. Since you know how to get the overall stats, you should also know you can retrieve detailed stats from one singel game session. So why didn't you just do that? Facts and proof matters...
  • olavafar
    2174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Loony said:

"People like you"... Listen, I'm not given cheaters excuses, but telling what PROBABLY happened. Read the words, before you make conclusions. Or assume things about me or my motives. I have reported cheaters, but unlike you here, I provide hard evidence. Facts and video proof. You, on the other hand, are giving them "honorable" titles, like credit them as "hackers". Hackers are skilled at coding and write their own scripts. Cheaters do not, and thats why they are only cheaters. So, don't call cheating players hackers, its way below that.
    As for probability, your hackusation is based on points and one session only. Not observations or explanations. First thing I see here, is a medic and a support class working together. Let me tell you something. I've seen this happening couple of times in-game, among teamplayers out of reach from enemy. Therefor my first thought here.  With support and medic supply, they both give points to each other every other second. They can also blow themselves up, and revive each other.
    Overall stats does not tell you what happened in that game session. Since you know how to get the overall stats, you should also know you can retrieve detailed stats from one singel game session. So why didn't you just do that? Facts and proof matters...
    Calm down, the guy was just giving an example of a cheat that is generally not a big problem (as it does not ruin the game very much for other players). I have encountered these type of players too. It is very hard to understand the amusement. An example was a cheater who was only sitting in an AA in the spawn while points were constantly ticking in at a high rate (he was in my squad until I called him out when he made a private squad of his own and ridiculously enough denied that he was cheating.)

ESP is hard to understand, aimbot really hard to get the point in and this type of score boosting is just impossible t understand.

It is also odd that DICE disabled ToW progress in community games (which basically killed the whole idea) especially now when ToW progress is even more important than before) with some lame excuse about boosting, while still allowing this to go on and on. They could at least let us have a possibility of a cheater free environment with ToW progress until something is done about the cheats.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    Loony said:

"People like you"... Listen, I'm not given cheaters excuses, but telling what PROBABLY happened. Read the words, before you make conclusions.
    If you had read his original post, he explained how their points were going up simultaneously.  Don't give me this, "read the words" crap, you failed to do so yourself.  Bye.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    This game has become unplayable. In almost every server I join one team gets stomped because a clan of players with a 70:2 K:D ratio has stacked one side. There's no reason to continue to play this unbalanced piece of garbage any more. A great engine, with great gameplay and beautiful graphics ruined because Dice can't be bothered to offer actual consequences to hackers. 
    I logged in to over 8 WC servers late tonight.  Over half, well over half, of the players had well over 150 ping, on every server.  This one is one of the worst.

https://preview.redd.it/5u37s7o0a9g41.png?width=742&format=png&auto=webp&s=460f13e3bfc9f41b3260ec829efcf8b4f74ef34e