So you can friendly kill with the Bazooka..

xXHappy_PuppyXx
195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 10
How did the devs not see this as a issue with griefers and trolls?

Having a perfect game no deaths near top of the score board and some salty teammate runs up and friendly kills you with the back blast...

/facepalm

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    11538 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Facepalm?

It is glorious. I can’t wait to do this.

• Moorlander
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hmm, does the back blast damage 'friendly' spawn camping tanks I wonder?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6041 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If bazooka in fact can kill friendly soldiers with backblast it provides endless griefing potential.
  • NASTYNEIL357
    197 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And he got points for it too that’s just classic.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OMG what?! Looool this is so cool. Imagine having power to kill those useless camping teammates with your own hands. This is like a dream come true. I might even come back to the game to try this out.
  • MintySSD
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think in general friendly fire should be a thing, kill a team you gain a death she can’t be revived or hurt a team mate you lose points.
  • jroggs
    1146 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And he got points for it too that’s just classic.

If you're referring to the clip in this thread, that was an enemy.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MintySSD said:
    I think in general friendly fire should be a thing, kill a team you gain a death she can’t be revived or hurt a team mate you lose points.
    Go back to old skool FF settings where explosions killed team mates and you lost a life. Was if 3 FF kills and you auto got kicked.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ive seen vids of the bazooka back blast killing enemies and setting off explosives.  I cant see why the devs would allow it to kill friendlies when nothing else does
  • Odds1979
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

• CT1924
    937 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So no backblasting camping tanks?
  • FatherDed
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MintySSD said:
    Absolutely. In previous games where it was on by default, it made people play in a totally different way. And for the better.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    FatherDed said:
    MintySSD said:
    Absolutely. In previous games where it was on by default, it made people play in a totally different way. And for the better.
    Explosive spam was less of an issue.
  • CnConrad
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Go back to old skool FF settings where explosions killed team mates and you lost a life. Was if 3 FF kills and you auto got kicked.

Yep, it made the game much better and required focus.

I would prefer ff does 25% damage every hit marker make you lose points every ff kill adds 1 to your death total. The player you killed is allowed the !punish you and kill you again and make you respawn.
  • FatherDed
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FatherDed said:
    MintySSD said:
    Explosive spam was less of an issue.
    Yup. Metro would have been a completely different cup of tea with FF on.

On the flipside, back in BF2 friendly fire on provided wonderful opportunities for righteous vengeance. Especially that round that time, there was a website where you could enter any players name and if they were online at the time, it would give the IP address of the server they were playing on.

One time, I was loitering round a helipad patiently waiting for a chopper to spawn. Etiquette was that if you turned up and someone was already waiting, it was their turn first. A chopper spawned and I was running to it when some muppet on my team shot me in the back so he could steal it. 

The red mist came down. Over the course of a few nights, I kinda stalked him a bit, joining the same server if I saw he was online and making sure I was on his team.

Then I'd hang round the helipad waiting for him to turn up which he invariably did. Whereupon, I'd kill him in a variety of ways - knifed him, shot him in the back, ran him over in a humvee, let him take off before sending 2 AA missiles up his jacksie. Or my personal favorite, jumping up and slapping C4 on the windscreen so when he got in and saw it, he'd have a fraction of a second to go "oh f...." before I went click.

Happy days.
  • MarxistDictator
    5064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s not like Metro would have good gameplay or the potential to be a decent map if there weren’t grenades and rockets flying everywhere, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. This friendly fire issue reeks of extensive, thorough play testing just like the rest of the game.
  • FatherDed
    It’s not like Metro would have good gameplay or the potential to be a decent map if there weren’t grenades and rockets flying everywhere, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. This friendly fire issue reeks of extensive, thorough play testing just like the rest of the game.
    You're right that it wouldn't have magically turned Metro into a great map - it would still have been a meat grinder. But it would have mitigated against the mindless blizzard of bullets and grenades being fired by all and sundry into a cloud of smoke without having to worry about if your team mates were in the way.

I don't think the bazooka friendly fire thing is a QA issue. Grenades also cause friendly damage so it looks like its a conscious design decision that certain explodey things cause friendly damage.
  • talhaONE
    656 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    back fire of bazooka doesnt kill friendlies.
  • DukeSan27
    1251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    back fire of bazooka doesnt kill friendlies.
    Silly people. Watch the video again. It does NOT kill friendlies.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    FatherDed said:
    MintySSD said:
    So no more Sector Artillery, or V-1s, or close fire support from planes just so people throw less grenades, which they already don't. Genius.