6.2?

johnkapa1
293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Does anyone know when it will be dropping? @Braddock512

Comments

• ViolationofDerp
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    90% sure it's gonna be the 27th.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    10 quid on March 5th
  • RayD_O1
    1122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hope you are right m8. :smile:
  • AwfulMcBad
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm voting for  February 30th
  • RayD_O1
    1122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    £100 says it won't be. :)
  • GrizzGolf
    1268 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I cant wait to see the fix list
  • johnkapa1
    $1000 it wont 
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I bet you $50 he picks his nose.
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    it will be released SOON™
  • CT1924
    933 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The team has a date they're working towards, and once it's locked and we've passed certification, we'll share that date. 

-Braddock512

Off the record, what is your bet?
  • johnkapa1
    CT1924 said:
    The team has a date they're working towards, and once it's locked and we've passed certification, we'll share that date. 

-Braddock512

@Braddock512 can you give us something maybe in the next week or two? lol
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People are asking for something that won't be given. It's clear EA/dice are steering well clear of giving release dates until they know they can be met, saves all the bellyaching later on.
  • Braddock512
    1465 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    CT1924 said:

-Braddock512

This is the internet. Nothing is "off the record". 

johnkapa1 said:
    CT1924 said:

-Braddock512

@Braddock512 can you give us something maybe in the next week or two? lol
    When we have been given the go-ahead to announce the date, we will. 

People are asking for something that won't be given. It's clear EA/dice are steering well clear of giving release dates until they know they can be met, saves all the bellyaching later on.
    Yup.

-Braddock512\
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

At this point does a due date even matter though?  Large Al Sundan was delayed and only small games modes only.  Also that weapon was delayed cause a patch didn't pass the certification so we had some place holder of a helmet and goggles.  At this point we have no control nor does DICE.  hahahaahahh
  • CT1924
    933 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you had to bet money as a person then, and not as an amazing community manager? I'll take it with salt.
    PS-Can't blame me for trying. ;)
  • Texator
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Guys before you put your bets on a date lets first put our bets on a year. I bet on 2021.
  • Palidrtw
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tbh I feel like it's unacceptable for this to be in the game this long and not be fixed, along with team balancing (which it seems like there is, but it's just broken because i've been put on opposite teams randomly) and a better anti cheat. Above all though I don't know who told the devs to change the TTK in the first place and for what reason when the game was already in a fun playable state, I don't recall anyone ever complaining about dying too quickly.

2 whole months and we've had 0 communication from the dev team on this and I feel a bit stupid for believing they'd fix the issue in a timely manner.. I've never been a picky gamer my entire life but I must say this is the worst TTK i've ever played on any game ever, it's like they didn't even try. How did they not see this issue coming before they launched that dreadful TTK change and why didn't they just wait until they had it all sorted before doing the update in the first place? we get no apology and no TTK fix but they will happily release new skins for boins. 6.2 doesn't even make me feel better because they had the nerve to drop 5.2 without giving a damn about how any of us felt and if 6.2 doesn't live up to what it's said to be "close to 5.0" then expect to lose a lot more players including myself.

If you want customers to be happy you give them what they want and then you ask us to make purchases, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the game up into an unplayable and not fun state and then shoving boins and cosmetics in my face doesn't really make me want to give you money, I'm repulsed by how we actually have to go through CM's to even get the devs to realize the mistake they've made, as if a dev couldn't just hop on reddit and view the carnage for themselves. 
  • johnkapa1
    edited February 13
    @Braddock512 i appreciate the honesty lol Have you played the new tweaks to the weapon balance at all? If so do you like them. 
  • Braddock512
    1465 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    2 whole months and we've had 0 communication from the dev team on this and I feel a bit stupid for believing they'd fix the issue in a timely manner..

If you're referring to the weapon balance, you're absolutely mistaken on lack of communication. We talked about the tweaks and continued updates to the weapon balance when we dropped 5.2, then again with 5.2.2, then again when we got back from the holidays, then again with the Community Broadcast created by PartWelsh a couple of weeks ago.

Now, if you're meaning that we haven't said "We're reverting", you're absolutely correct on that. Because that's not what is happening (and this has been stated previously). The team has looked at the data (and of course the multitudinous amounts of feedback) and have decided that with 6.2, they will be adjusting the weapon balance to be closer to 5.0 - but it's not a revert. It's - as we've previously stated - ongoing tweaks and adjustments. 

I'm repulsed by how we actually have to go through CM's to even get the devs to realize the mistake they've made, as if a dev couldn't just hop on reddit and view the carnage for themselves.

By this comment, it seems you don't fully have insight into how the games industry works - and that's fine. Lack of insight can lead to rash judgments on how things "should be" rather than having the keen understanding of how things are, roadblocks to adjusting things, etc. 

For your first post on the forums, it's a doozy. Feel free to try again with a bit more constructive feedback. Maybe ask questions rather than make assumptions - and we'll answer anything and everything we can. 

johnkapa1 said:
    @Braddock512 i appreciate the honesty lol Have you played the new tweaks to the weapon balance at all? If so do you like them. 

Nah, not yet. I've been playing some other things during testing. O.o

-Braddock512