tecnical problems

trabuz1
2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 9
dude i have an omen 15 with i7 8750H ,rtx 2060 , 16 GB RAM  DDR4 and this game is unstable af even in low spec. Idk if its the pc or the game. 

Comments

• PsiHo1389
    75 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Unstable after update or?
  • iamwiener
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Some starting a topic with "dude i have..."
    Seems you have a mid range laptop for a game that demands highend desktop PC. So yes, it is both: your laptop (not PC) and the game. Question answered?
  • BuLetZ4U
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    High-end pc lol I'm playing on 9-year-old rig medium settings getting 80/100 fps stutter-free really smooth gameplay. Your rig is more than enough to run this game.start again and describe your issue some here would be glad to help.
  • iamwiener
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BuLetZ4U said:
    High-end pc lol I'm playing on 9-year-old rig medium settings getting 80/100 fps stutter-free really smooth gameplay. Your rig is more than enough to run this game.start again and describe your issue some here would be glad to help.

Average 90fps stable FPS with medium settings on all maps? I doubt that tbh. Playable, yes. Apart from my GPU, my pc is exactly 9 years old. I play on low settings for minimum 90 fps on demanding maps such as underground 64p.
    He is playing on a laptop with a midrange GPU. Most laptop parts are like 25% weaker than its PC counterparts
  • trabuz1
    iamwiener said:
    Some starting a topic with "dude i have..."
    Seems you have a mid range laptop for a game that demands highend desktop PC. So yes, it is both: your laptop (not PC) and the game. Question answered?
    nope, what do u mean with both ?
  • iamwiener
    edited February 9
    As far as I can tell, BF5 is very demanding for both CPU and GPU. Your GPU seems to be quite weak. Put everything on low and monitor your FPS when you're in the game menu, a small server (16p) and a bigger server with 64p.
    Also, as asked above, is it unplayable since day one or since recent patch?
  • trabuz1
    iamwiener said:
    As far as I can tell, BF5 is very demanding for both CPU and GPU. Your GPU seems to be quite weak. Put everything on low and monitor your FPS when you're in the game menu, a small server (16p) and a bigger server with 64p.
    Also, as asked above, is it unplayable since day one or since recent patch?
    if u say the problem is the GPU i dont have any question, ty dude 
  • BuLetZ4U
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    iamwiener said:
    BuLetZ4U said:

Average 90fps stable FPS with medium settings on all maps? I doubt that tbh. Playable, yes. Apart from my GPU, my pc is exactly 9 years old. I play on low settings for minimum 90 fps on demanding maps such as underground 64p.
    He is playing on a laptop with a midrange GPU. Most laptop parts are like 25% weaker than its PC counterparts
    Ok my old self built rig goes like this: i7 3770 3.4ghz 16gb ram  gtx 1060 6gb  The new map normally i get around 60/80 as i don't think it is quite finished and is yet to be optimized yes medium setiings 80/100 average pushing sometimes 115/120
  • iamwiener
    BuLetZ4U said:
    iamwiener said:
    BuLetZ4U said:

Ok my old self built rig goes like this: i7 3770 3.4ghz 16gb ram  gtx 1060 6gb  The new map normally i get around 60/80 as i don't think it is quite finished and is yet to be optimized yes medium setiings 80/100 average pushing sometimes 115/120

Here we go, your system aint 9 years old XD

60/80 on demanding maps sounds more realistic to me and is not really what we want to achieve. And I wouldn't be surprised if your 1060 does a better job than his laptop 2060 ;)
  • BuLetZ4U
    edited February 10
    https://imgur.com/a/9Ak0ETQ
    M8 I built this rig over 9 years ago just upgraded the G card and added more Ram! to keep playing modern games such as BFV.
    Anyway, this post isn't about me or my rig but the OP having issues. His laptop is well within the recommended specs for this game so for me, it isn't hardware related.
    Like I said I cap my fps to suit my 60 hz monitor but can reach 100/120 fps on most maps using old hardware mostly held together using gorilla glue lol.

• phunguiFUC4U
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trabuz1 said:
    dude i have an omen 15 with i7 8750H ,rtx 2060 , 16 GB RAM  DDR4 and this game is unstable af even in low spec. Idk if its the pc or the game. 
    Try running UserBenchmark from https://cpu.userbenchmark.com this will tell you if you are A. Optimized (not much you can do but upgrade) or B. Have unoptimized configurations, settings or other (and will provide indication / notes on how to proceed).
  • g0merpile
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    BuLetZ4U said:
    iamwiener said:
    BuLetZ4U said:

I need a video of the bench in game to believe your 3770k is running 80 to 100, more like 60 to 80 and lower, with medium settings. I had that same cpu . Post a video with fps and HW
    I will search my videos I have one showing the fps for this system, found it show vid, just like mine, this is at all low
    I cannot remember if it was the 1060 or 980 Gcard I'm sure it is the 1060, I will look at my parts to check, this was a liquid cooled system no overclocking this was testing video. However the OS is tuned for performance and I am a very excellent system integrater.

Post edited by g0merpile on
  • iamwiener

Your CPU runs around 80%-90% most of the time. Seems the GPU you used when recording the video was your bottleneck limiting your fps.

I use an old 2600k (true 9 years old) + a GTX1080. Both overclocked. I head for 100+ fps on small games. Goes down to 80 on heavy 64p which feels like a pain tbh.
    I run most settings on low to gain 100 fps. Below 80 makes the game unplayable for me.
  • g0merpile
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    iamwiener said:

Your CPU runs around 80%-90% most of the time. Seems the GPU you used when recording the video was your bottleneck limiting your fps.

I use an old 2600k (true 9 years old) + a GTX1080. Both overclocked. I head for 100+ fps on small games. Goes down to 80 on heavy 64p which feels like a pain tbh.
    I run most settings on low to gain 100 fps. Below 80 makes the game unplayable for me.

This is not because of bf5 its is because of the task I have running, I have a recorder running, fps counter running malwarebytes running, and more, this is not my system I get over 200fps with my main system, this is a testing system, my NST server. My point is ,I like to see the video of the 3770k stock running over 100fps with med settings. Not much to ask is it. Just like I have, I also need the windows ver and info just as I have,
    I am yet to see a video of the 3770k oced running medium settings getting anymore then what I am showing,
    There are ways to achieve this, I am almost certain most do not know how to do this.

• iamwiener
    Sorry, but I don't quite get what you are heading for. I said that your CPU is ONLY around 85% but normally it should be on 100% hence something was limiting here. I as well doubt that a 3770 runs this game on medium settings with decent FPS.
  • BuLetZ4U
    g0merpile said:
    BuLetZ4U said:
    iamwiener said:
    BuLetZ4U said:

I need a video of the bench in game to believe your 3770k is running 80 to 100, more like 60 to 80 and lower, with medium settings. I had that same cpu . Post a video with fps and HW
    I will search my videos I have one showing the fps for this system, found it show vid, just like mine, this is at all low
    I cannot remember if it was the 1060 or 980 Gcard I'm sure it is the 1060, I will look at my parts to check, this was a liquid cooled system no overclocking this was testing video. However the OS is tuned for performance and I am a very excellent system integrater.

Here you go just for you :) sorry I didn't edit it or anything. Like I said 80/100 most maps sometimes I get 100/120 iv seen 150 at times iv got  6 apps and 66 processes running during the vid.
    No overclocking apart from this baby which is overclocked using the preset option.

https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/P8Z77V_LX2/overview/

Heres the vid I just made quick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irLZUaxmFrI&t=101s

• iamwiener
    Sorry mate, are we looking at different videos or am I lost in translation here? I see a setup that provides 70-85FPS on open scenarios with little enemies and light action. Which is exactly what I would expect with this hardware/settings combination. I am pretty sure that you will have 60FPS at best when playing a dense map with heavy action. I am not sure how many FPS you lose when recording :)
  • BuLetZ4U
    iamwiener said:
    Sorry mate, are we looking at different videos or am I lost in translation here? I see a setup that provides 70-85FPS on open scenarios with little enemies and light action. Which is exactly what I would expect with this hardware/settings combination. I am pretty sure that you will have 60FPS at best when playing a dense map with heavy action. I am not sure how many FPS you lose when recording :)
    I guess in the region of about 8/10 frames lost through recording.

Here like i said 80/100 fps some maps 100/120 check this one out loads of normal gameplay (ACTION)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSld-nV-Mfc&feature=youtu.be

:smile:
  • iamwiener
    THX for shooting that video. Hamada conquest however is not really a challenging map. No vegetation at all and you did meet like 1 enemy every 15 seconds. A breakthrough map like Solomon or Underground would be more representative.
  • g0merpile
    edited February 16
    The video is made up for performance and the game graphic is turned down to low, ( it only took 3 days to get a video for 100fps)LOL. Like I said, I AM YET TO SEE A 3770K RUNNING 100FPS AT MEDUM SETTINGS. If you work hard enough with days of trying you will eventually get to the 100 fps but manipulating the OS and turning everything off to acheve higher benchmarks is hardly benefiting the game or users. G0 tell people the 3770k is good for bf5. LOL.
    The video that you are showing is the easiest map to achieve 100fps your video is not very convincing.
    Anyone reading these post don't waste your time buying this CPU for any upgrade to replace your current CPU its dead for this game. 
    To achieve the 3770K performance for bf 5, requires high quality PC parts, advanced knowledge in overclocking all hardware through custom bios flashing. PAY ATTENITON!
    Not software overclocking or auto tuning like xmp.
    Hardware necessary to play with 100fps or better with your hardware
    SSD that is =2 NVME drive, Not possible(will do though).
    1300 watt PSU like the EVGA 1250
    Motherboard Like the MSI Military Class Motherboard intel 77 chip-set.Only board in the world that has gold mofsets and quality Hi-c CAP, SFC and Solid CAP components.
    1080 SLI
    High quality ram, trident rgb 3200,  The board is limited too 3200. Cant remember.
    NO WINDOWS SECURITY UPDATES, ONLY FEATURE UPDATES ALLOWED.

Post edited by g0merpile on