Is TDM a campfest now?

BrianLocal1
583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Seems like every match is just one team on one part of the map and the other on the other, just taking pop shots at eachother.  Or one team gets the highground and just stays there the whole match.

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    1117 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Now?

I've only played when some sort of task required it and always seemed to involve 50% the players finding a corner to camp in and the 50% sniping at each other.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Where do you play? In US (both east and west), it’s run and gun. Especially, with full squads of medics.
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE said:
    Where do you play? In US (both east and west), it’s run and gun. Especially, with full squads of medics.

I play in the US.  Maybe I just got bad luck several times in a row with maps.  Some maps I know influence camping.
  • Bolly_MixedModes
    113 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My experience has been run & gun too. Campers tend to die pretty quick and lose their team the game. If your squad are sitting still, don't spawn on them, just click the Random Spawn button instead and you can often get a flank going. 
  • talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tdm is a Type 2A run n gun fest. Campers die pretty quickly.
  • ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    Why on earth would anyone play this mode when cod does it a million times better?
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Why on earth would anyone play this mode when cod does it a million times better?

Cod tdm is not better.
  • ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

Cod tdm is not better.

Just stop it !
  • TEKNOCODE
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

Cod tdm is not better.

Just stop it !

I would ask the same of you. Cod is still utter garbage.
  • SirBobdk
    5319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE said:

Damn, thought I could get you to join my platoon of campers :D
  • TEKNOCODE
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Damn, thought I could get you to join my platoon of campers :D

I camp in all servers regardless of location. 😉
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People actually play TDM?  Yuck.
  • talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »

Tdm is easier to find then infantry only conquest.
  • TEKNOCODE

It’s easier to carry a team when you play solo.
  • KMAsterisk
    295 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TDM can be pretty fun, smaller game mode, no vehicles, players can't use objectives as bait.
  • JamesEarlRay86
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Run and gun run and gun is stupid. Nothing realistic about running the entire match and not being fatigued. What happen to tactical? Where’s the strategy?
  • AvocadoPablo
    113 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    its a type 2 ez fest
  • talhaONE
    Run and gun run and gun is stupid. Nothing realistic about running the entire match and not being fatigued. What happen to tactical? Where’s the strategy?
    Totally agree.
  • jroggs
    1226 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yeah, why can't Battlefield go back to the days when players used tactics and intelligence, like it was back in... uh...

Oh right. Never.

DICE has tried a few times to put tactical play into the game with 5v5, but everyone always scoffs or even screams at them for "wasting the resources" on modes they suddenly don't want.
  • jroggs
    1226 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE said:

It’s easier to carry a team when you play solo.
    Haha, yeah, if you can put up a +42 kill differential you can do just enough to help your team win by one point.

Some teams need way too much carrying.