Where is everyone?

MjrWalker
143 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I've recently returned after almost half a year away to check out the Pacific content.

So far I've done 6 matches of breakthrough and conquest each on purely the Pacific maps.

One thing that was extremely present in all of the individual matches was the fact that I was repeatedly on a team of anywhere between 10-15 people, against a team comprised of primarily people in the higher levels numbering 30 each time.

I've server surfed, checked for places with more people, yet repeatedly find the same situation on average.

Naturally the matches didn't last long.

As I'm trying to do these chapter challenges, particular tasks are becoming impossible due to the issue.

I honestly thought these balancing and population issues would of been fixed by now. More fool me I guess!

I'm playing at prime hours throughout the day in Europe. I can't fathom why I'm getting such low or unbalanced servers.

Anyone else getting the same?

Comments

• CT1924
    1150 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Small plyer base.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How are you connecting to matches? Quick play? Or server browser?

If using Quick Play- dont.

If using Server Browser, are you including full servers in your search?

Because thats all there is. Mostly empty servers (where QP will send you) or full servers with a queue (which you only see if you enable that in the browser filter).

We couldn’t hardly get into Pacific servers tonight. All servers had 4+ queues.
  • jroggs
    1196 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Like Link said, Quickmatch is either broken or defunct due to player departures. You have to use the Server Browser now.

The difference is that SB puts you into a specific game, while QM puts you into a squad with no regard for anything else about the match.
  • JedMosley81
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Pacific playlist is an unbalanced mess due to having both Bkthough and Conquest in the same server. You get large groups of people quitting all at once to get back to the other mode..and yea this will usually occur after a loss in between rounds
  • MjrWalker
    How are you connecting to matches? Quick play? Or server browser?

If using Quick Play- dont.

If using Server Browser, are you including full servers in your search?

Because thats all there is. Mostly empty servers (where QP will send you) or full servers with a queue (which you only see if you enable that in the browser filter).

We couldn’t hardly get into Pacific servers tonight. All servers had 4+ queues.

Thanks for the replies folks.

Yeah, first few matches were admittedly Quick Match. I did then specify a few items on a server search, however like you mentioned, long wait times.

When I did get through I noticed that it was mostly clans, and they left whenever they started loosing which naturally made the team shrink.

Shortly after posting I was in a Pacific breakthrough where I was part of the winning side, where there was a mere 8 people on the other team. Barely anyone got any kills aside from a small group.

I did have one balanced match on Wake island in the end, however on average it's still been bad. The wait times were rather intense for these more populated servers too.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm having no problems finding full or near full servers on XBOX1 for server filters for conquest.  Just hate they got breakthrough mixed in for Solomon Islands.  I always use 5+  open slots for USA.
  • MjrWalker
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    I'm having no problems finding full or near full servers on XBOX1 for server filters for conquest.  Just hate they got breakthrough mixed in for Solomon Islands.  I always use 5+  open slots for USA.

Maybe it's a PS4 thing. I've been in a couple since that are more populated.

The issue now is big groups of clans leaving when the going gets tough.

Still getting a few lopsided matches though.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1046 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MjrWalker said:

I always check the server numbers in Europe (and the US) on PS4.

There are usually over 100 servers running in Europe by the evening. Especially when you include Breakthrough in the filter. They are usually almost full.

I have found that using quick match is more likely to result in entering a new or dying server.

• MjrWalker
    (Quote)
    I always check the server numbers in Europe (and the US) on PS4.

There are usually over 100 servers running in Europe by the evening. Especially when you include Breakthrough in the filter. They are usually almost full.

I have found that using quick match is more likely to result in entering a new or dying server.

That was the biggest problem. They were all pretty much full and it took inordinate amounts of time to even attempt to get into them. Then quick match simply presented the issue of no people.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    well the majority went back to more polished games like BF4/BF1 some left the franchise altogether i would reckon. and i can not blame anyone who ditched this game like a live grenade.
    underwhelming design philosophies, badly thought out attrition system, bad balance all around, early map design was just meh with most maps being utterly forgettable with some even being utterly bad imo (FJELL i am looking at you). 
    i mean DICE has as far as i remember never redesigned a game as much in the span of a year like BFV. we are heading into the third sweeping gun rebalance within the first year. visibility turned from down right eye-straining to self illumination, spotting went from occasional to continuously, AA went from useless to good to useless, planes have yet to be actually balanced since they were never anything but very good to broken same with tanks imo, firestorm is dead, modes that used to be core features are getting scrapped or cut trying to bring back occasional players and last but not least DICE flat out lied about the customization.
    BFV is just a meh to bad game and DICE is struggling like never before. i mean there is a reason why EA renamed DICE-LA all out of nowhere.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MjrWalker said:

I gave up on Sony after they killed off Socom Navy Seals.  PS3 was the last system I bought from them.  But sold it for  $420 once they had a Socom rip off that bombed.  Also thought the dashboard system was ghetto back then.  Also felt like the systems were made cheaply.  Heck my PS2 also got disc read error.  I had to watch that video how to fix it taking it apart and adjusting the white gear counter clockwise to fix it.  But that was only a stop gap.  Had to eventually do it daily then forced to buy a slim PS2.  PS1 was cool but made cheaply as well.  It stopped reading disc the normal way.  Playing it upside down was only way it play which was another odd home remedy.
  • Imadis64
    141 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Xbox1 here too! NO probs at all finding tons of games with 58+ players in Conquest or BT, at any time of the day in Eastern US time zone. 
  • mf_shro0m
    2312 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Playing other games. I finally got round to playing Red Dead Redemption 2 because I was so sick of 5.2 and 5.2.2 and goddamn is it good. It’s possibly the best game of last decade

Honestly mate try it
  • g0merpile
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    going to play more bf42
  • Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13
    Happens when you completely butcher gunplay ranged dmg drop off is just horrendous. Everyone has moved on to FPSs where the bullets actually deal dmg.