Kill 1 enemy with the Fg42

CT1924
933 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

"(OPTIONAL) ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE - 14,000 CHAPTER XP
Kill 1 enemy using the Fallschirmjägergewehr 42."
Really? That's just mockery. Kill one enemy with the fan favourite gun that got nerfed into the ground. Oh, and in case anyone forgets...
20 round mag
Slow reload
Poor accuracy
1.1 second draw time
4-9btk
Very bad. I swear, Dice is so insensitive.

Comments

• Matty101yttam
    1339 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    uhh...don't you think a good way to test damage is to make everyone use it?
    That's how i read a lot of assignment goals, it's them targeting specific things for testing and gathering numbers, no ones used fg42 since it got nerfed so they have no current figures.
  • Tullzter
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i always use the FG 42, it's a laser gun, barely has any recoil
  • Matty101yttam
    1339 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    uhh...don't you think a good way to test damage is to make everyone use it?
    That's how i read a lot of assignment goals, it's them targeting specific things for testing and gathering numbers, no ones used fg42 since it got nerfed so they have no current figures.

It hasn't been touched though since 5.2.2. Also it is one kill, that will hardly provide any data. This means guys will use it for one life, mostly. The stats are there and pretty clear concerning it. It is a pretty awful weapon both generally and in the LMG class.
    1 kill for maybe 50% of the player base will give a good idea.
    Not sure what the player totals are now but you don't needs massive numbers, just enough to gauge things like successful vs unsuccessful engagements, distances etc. end of the day it's all based on averages.
    1 kill would be enough to be a sample while not 'inflicting' an unwanted assignment on people.
  • ElliotLH
    8974 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly can't understand if you guys noticed the joke, or I am just weird
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Kill 1 enemy using the FG-42

I really dont' know if I'm being Captain Obvious, but it cracks me up 

I had a chuckle at that too.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11538 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I started using the fg42 again. Seems fine to me.
  • mf_shro0m
    2288 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s spitting on the FG’s grave
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    20 bullets is the real problem, fun to use though.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't know about all that really, it's just 1 kill. Easiest 14k xp ever. But I thought this was about it being rank 16 support weapon. I'm fine with all the objectives being more support class based but not everyone mains this class so those people certainly aren't rank 16 with it.
  • snakeater418
    327 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They should give it a Valentine's day gift of a larger magazine specialization instead of a thumbtack bayonet.
  • CT1924
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    Don't know about all that really, it's just 1 kill. Easiest 14k xp ever. But I thought this was about it being rank 16 support weapon. I'm fine with all the objectives being more support class based but not everyone mains this class so those people certainly aren't rank 16 with it.

If you're not rank 20 in every class by now, that's on you.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:

If you're not rank 20 in every class by now, that's on you.
    By now? As if every single person who plays this game bought it at release? What a stupid thing to say. Even if they did, maybe they just don't enjoy playing all the classes and stick to one or two.
  • CT1924
    (Quote)
    By now? As if every single person who plays this game bought it at release? What a stupid thing to say. Even if they did, maybe they just don't enjoy playing all the classes and stick to one or two.

Dedicated players should be able to have some sort of reward for sticking with the game. And it is fairly easy to do if you play a minute or two a day with each class.
  • snakeater418
    327 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I mean, it does take some time to progress with each class. But its just a bonus assignment, its not like you can't get the reward without skipping it.
  • Hawxxeye
    6864 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It even took several attempts to get that kill with all those 2As going around killing me or stealing my kills
  • talhaONE
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I started using the fg42 again. Seems fine to me.

Except its not.
  • snakeater418
    I think it's still usable, but it is under powered compared to it's small magazine and high RoF. You may only get 1-2 kills per mag. While that's kinda the same as the Semi auto rifles you need to understand that the FG-42 is an LMG and should be more like the other assault rifles instead.

I think it needs a slight damage boost and definitely a larger magazine, if not then at least give it an extended mag specialization.
  • mf_shro0m
    2288 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's still usable, but it is under powered compared to it's small magazine and high RoF. You may only get 1-2 kills per mag. While that's kinda the same as the Semi auto rifles you need to understand that the FG-42 is an LMG and should be more like the other assault rifles instead.

I think it needs a slight damage boost and definitely a larger magazine, if not then at least give it an extended mag specialization.

I disagree. I’d rather they buffed it purely with range and damage buffs because if it had 30 mags it’d be just like the ARs and 50 round mags would just be a joke. Plus they’d be historically inaccurate.
    The 20 round mag of the LMGs provide a balancing tool that distinguishes them from the ARs