Kill 1 enemy with the Fg42

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    11485 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I started using the fg42 again. Seems fine to me.

Except its not.

I’m not that great and I wrecked with it. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Us jumping through hoops testing unlocks is more less free beta testing for DICE.  I miss the days of games 100% bug free the day you buy them on a cartridge.  Might have to buy me another N64 and Golden Eye and throw some parties playing that game.  Them were the days.  Now days games are broken day 1.  Then at the mercy of the dev's to patch them later when they're good and ready.
    lol you're delusional if you think that was the case. Games were just as broken, but that broken-ness was just part of the game. On the NES there were games that had gamebreaking bugs and were literally unbeatable, but because there was no Internet for people to come together and talk about their experiences no one complained. Plus, the lack of save features meant most players never even got far enough to experience the glitches anyway.
  • TFBisquit
    1950 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not bad and probably the easiest assignment. Though mag size is really low.
  • M_Rat13
    1485 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly can't understand if you guys noticed the joke, or I am just weird
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Kill 1 enemy using the FG-42

I really dont' know if I'm being Captain Obvious, but it cracks me up 

Literally came to the forums to talk about it. Glad I'm not the only one. Love a good rhyme :smile:
  • ElliotLH
    8918 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 wrote: »
    What we really need to trigger people is "Get 1 kill with the Liberator"

Dice wouldn't be that cruel...would they?
  • SAYNExx
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You're right... 2 Kills in One Life with the Liberator
  • talhaONE
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE wrote: »
    I started using the fg42 again. Seems fine to me.

Except its not.

I’m not that great and I wrecked with it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Doesnt matter. Its statistically worse then pretty much everything in game.
  • CT1924
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's still usable, but it is under powered compared to it's small magazine and high RoF. You may only get 1-2 kills per mag. While that's kinda the same as the Semi auto rifles you need to understand that the FG-42 is an LMG and should be more like the other assault rifles instead.

I think it needs a slight damage boost and definitely a larger magazine, if not then at least give it an extended mag specialization.

I disagree. I’d rather they buffed it purely with range and damage buffs because if it had 30 mags it’d be just like the ARs and 50 round mags would just be a joke. Plus they’d be historically inaccurate.
    The 20 round mag of the LMGs provide a balancing tool that distinguishes them from the ARs

Well, supposed to.
  • M_Rat13
    1485 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just thought of a fun chapter path: Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.

Something old, the Krag. Something new, M1A2. Something borrowed, M1928 Thompson. Something blue, well, I'm not sure, but it would nicely finish the lineup if it was a Support gun. Maybe the MG42, as I can see that gun making people 'feel blue'.
  • NLBartmaN
    4144 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Took the FG42, killed 4 players with it and then died by a sniper.

Will be using it more often, that thing is a beast when used how its supposted to be used.
  • FritzCT
    330 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly can't understand if you guys noticed the joke, or I am just weird
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Kill 1 enemy using the FG-42

I really dont' know if I'm being Captain Obvious, but it cracks me up 
    No, I think it went over alot of people's heads...Clearly a light hearted nod to Valentines Day...Just for thoase who didn't get it
  • talhaONE
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

Will be using it more often, that thing is a beast when used how its supposted to be used.

Use BAR instead. Has more rof and fire selector for long range.
  • CSO7777
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

Use BAR instead. Has more rof and fire selector for long range.
    The BAR is way better, but I actually had fun doing the assignment and in CQC it works fine (still not quite as good as the BAR). But when you shoot at people that are at medium range, the gun really sucks big time, and the BAR is better than the FG42 because of higher ROF.

Hopefully the FG42 will get some love in 6.2.2, it was a nice gun "back in the day"....
  • Foxassassin
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should give it a Valentine's day gift of a larger magazine specialization instead of a thumbtack bayonet.
    Don't touch the bayonet. It's more dangerous than the gun itself
  • VOLBANKER
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 said:
    What we really need to trigger people is "Get 1 kill with the Liberator"
    I have exactly 1 kill with it. Three shots fired, 100% of them hit :smiley:
  • TEKNOCODE
    11485 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm flabbergasted that there's people in this thread that think this gun is good. Just because it's possible to get kills with it doesn't mean that it's a competitive weapon.

Let's compare it to the STG44:
    -It has worse hipfire
    -worse recoil
    -worse ADS time
    -worse damage
    -worse damage drop-off
    -worse capacity
    -worse reload
    -but a slightly better ROF

How is that balanced? It's was supposed to be an AR LMG, so comparable to the STG, then in 5.2 DICE intended to make it an SMG LMG, but failed to give it the important stats to make it usable in CQC, like good hipfire and a quick reload. Instead they just made the damage and damage drop-off worse and called it a day.

Interestingly, I never pay attention to weapon stats in video games. I use what feels good to me.

I loved the lewis in bf1 and was consistently told that I was limiting myself. Yet, I consistently did very well with it. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • talhaONE
    I'm flabbergasted that there's people in this thread that think this gun is good. Just because it's possible to get kills with it doesn't mean that it's a competitive weapon.

Let's compare it to the STG44:
    -It has worse hipfire
    -worse recoil
    -worse ADS time
    -worse damage
    -worse damage drop-off
    -worse capacity
    -worse reload
    -but a slightly better ROF

How is that balanced? It's was supposed to be an AR LMG, so comparable to the STG, then in 5.2 DICE intended to make it an SMG LMG, but failed to give it the important stats to make it usable in CQC, like good hipfire and a quick reload. Instead they just made the damage and damage drop-off worse and called it a day.

In 5.2 dice only looked at guns rof to balance guns. They literally give 0 sheet to rest of the gun stats. Thats why so called "balanced MMGs" literally have worse btk then ARs. Same goes for Fg42.