Proposed change to "You Are Spotted" message

aseveredfoot
2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Just change it to "You are not spotted" if at any time I am not spotted plz.

Yes I'm being sarcastic but let's be real here, I was happier not knowing. This game has me frantically looking to the sky for flares like some kind of paranoid tweaker half the time I'm spawned.

Comments

• TFBisquit
    2097 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I rarely see the spotted message, yet I'm spotted all the freaking time, or so it seems. So I couldn't care less.
  • aseveredfoot
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As in it doesn't show up or you don't read it?
  • zombifiedstalker
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I didn't notice straight away. now, I cant unsee it... :neutral:
  • RayD_O1
    1122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I didn't notice straight away. now, I cant unsee it... :neutral:
    It is a bit irritating to say the least, as you say you cant unsee it.
  • n1ghtskynet
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    it's kinda bugged because I see it when I spawn sometimes it's annoying 
  • RayD_O1
    1122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it's kinda bugged because I see it when I spawn sometimes it's annoying 
    I was wondering was it a bug. ?
  • ProAssassin2003
    3779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remove spotting by getting shot by bad Scouts
    Remove being spotted by some Spray and prayer
    Remove being spotted by Tanks just for looking at someone.
  • RayD_O1
    Spot on mate. :)
  • Grandnightchamp
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yea seems like I’m always spotted spawned in at the beginning of match first spawn and was spotted some sort of bug. Played Solomon island was spotted well over 2 min no flares went to back of map and it never disappeared finally just quit.
  • DAXDELTA20
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s ridiculous isn’t it??? Spawn in, spotted. Throw smoke, works. Step out of smoke, spotted. Tank near by, spotted. Planes, spotted... for like an hour. Log off, go take a dump, spotted. Has become a friggin joke dude. My #1 complaint if the game.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DAXDELTA20 wrote: »
    It’s ridiculous isn’t it??? Spawn in, spotted. Throw smoke, works. Step out of smoke, spotted. Tank near by, spotted. Planes, spotted... for like an hour. Log off, go take a dump, spotted. Has become a friggin joke dude. My #1 complaint if the game.

Same. Ever since they buffed Flares my enjoyment of this game has sunk to a all time low. Skill has went out the window with the spotting now. Your position and movement on a objective doesn't matter anymore.
  • Hawxxeye
    6864 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    Instead it should inform you what you are spotted by:
    You are spotted by a flare
    You are spotted by a scope
    You are spotted by suppression (or You are suppressed)
    PS: the flares have a lifetime of milliseconds if anyone in the team is remotely aware of bright red lights in the sky.
  • RayD_O1
    Hawxxeye said:
    PS: the flares have a lifetime of milliseconds if anyone in the team is remotely aware of bright red lights in the sky.
    Seems like a solid idea.
  • spychodelics
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to see both,

AND 

• iamwiener
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

2 out of 3 times I am not spotted by flares. 1 out of 10 times I am perma spotted (not talking about plane flares)
  • Hawxxeye
    6864 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    iamwiener said:
    Hawxxeye said:

2 out of 3 times I am not spotted by flares. 1 out of 10 times I am perma spotted (not talking about plane flares)

I have had at least a few times where I was told that I was already spotted upon spawning in the starting area, in map with no planes...
    The message for the spotting might be bugged sometimes
  • spychodelics
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I got perma spotted yesterday on solomon island
  • talhaONE
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Instead it should inform you what you are spotted by:You are spotted by a flareYou are spotted by a scopeYou are spotted by suppression (or You are suppressed).PS: the flares have a lifetime of milliseconds if anyone in the team is remotely aware of bright red lights in the sky.

You know when you are spotted by supression already.
  • iamwiener
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    iamwiener said:
    Hawxxeye said:

I have had at least a few times where I was told that I was already spotted upon spawning in the starting area, in map with no planes...
    The message for the spotting might be bugged sometimes

I know that it is bugged. I posted a couple of times about already. It's the "you-know-you-can-shoot-down-flares-pro-tip" that is annoying. As if we are too dumb to know.
    -
    There was 1 thing DICE did right imo when they merged normal and hc gameplay into a reasonable compromise to please most players. Most hc players are not into making every weapon a 1 hit kill but refuse to play dorito field. Most obvious example are those bad weather maps when you don't even see half of the players you kill because you just aim right below the spotted icon.
  • Hawxxeye
    talhaONE said:
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Instead it should inform you what you are spotted by:You are spotted by a flareYou are spotted by a scopeYou are spotted by suppression (or You are suppressed).PS: the flares have a lifetime of milliseconds if anyone in the team is remotely aware of bright red lights in the sky.

You know when you are spotted by supression already.
    I did not knew that, what are the signs that you can tell it is from suppression?