I Can't play with directx 12

teojurado
9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Nothing ... in DX11, no problems, but try to start in DX12 and does not reach the menu screen, and point out, no errors or anything ..
The funny thing is that before if he could come in and play with DX12 actually tried it even with RTX, but is now impossible.

Deleted and reinstalled program.
NVIDIA lastest drivers, deleted and installed (DDU).

Since not do, because I would like to prove that this works ... but apparently, it is impossible.

I7 3770
32GB RAM
RTX2060

Comments

• Odds1979
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Are you using a user.cfg?
  • teojurado
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes... deleted and it works like a charm... 
    Thanks for the reply.
  • OceanDK
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DX11 still better though
  • CSO7777
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OceanDK said:
    DX11 still better though
    Not for all I must say. I use a 2080TI and DX12 gives higher FPS than DX11. DX12 has some stuttering issues when running maps for the first time, but other than that it works pretty good in BFV after the RTX-patches last year (unlike BF1).
  • Nzz1
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:
    OceanDK said:
    DX11 still better though
    Not for all I must say. I use a 2080TI and DX12 gives higher FPS than DX11. DX12 has some stuttering issues when running maps for the first time, but other than that it works pretty good in BFV after the RTX-patches last year (unlike BF1).
    Same here with 2080ti + 9900k/7980xe (2 systems) . DX 12 gives way higher fps and higher min fps.
  • TFBisquit
    1950 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It does for most systems. Even on my gtx1080 the difference is about 20 fps. But dx11 has less inputlag, faster responses when firing at eachother. I tend to be a split second late when at dx12, it's even worse with future frame rendering on in dx11.
    Forced 2 as limit in dx11 but that also produces the split second late feeling, albeit less frequent.
    Some may not notice it, but if you rush, rush, rush, you're definitely gonna notice it when bumping into eachother.
  • CSO7777
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:
    It does for most systems. Even on my gtx1080 the difference is about 20 fps. But dx11 has less inputlag, faster responses when firing at eachother. I tend to be a split second late when at dx12, it's even worse with future frame rendering on in dx11.
    Forced 2 as limit in dx11 but that also produces the split second late feeling, albeit less frequent.
    Some may not notice it, but if you rush, rush, rush, you're definitely gonna notice it when bumping into eachother.
    I have tried using DX11 and the game feels the same to me. The weird situations where you get one-shot by people in animations etc seems the same for me.
  • CrashCA
    1209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:
    OceanDK said:
    DX11 still better though
    Me, too. Have AMD 580
  • OceanDK
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I cant stand the "lag" when not using future frame rendering on DX11..
    Do you use future frame rendering on in DX12? same performance on/off..?
    Because this setting has a big impact on FPS 
  • OskooI_007
    1165 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 17
    Future frame rendering only works with DX11. I also image some people disable FFR under DX11, which is why they experience a loss in performance compared to DX12. If they left FFR on in DX11, performance would be virtually identical to DX12.
  • OceanDK
    Yes Oskool_007 that is also my experience... No higher performance DX11 FFR on vs DX12.
  • Ydintalvi
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 20
    I also have the same problem if dx12 enabled game jerks, how would i make dx12 work well?
    Computer Information:
    i7 7700k
    nvidia gtx 1080ti
    2600mhz ddr4 kingston
    win10

• Odds1979
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 20

Ydintalvi said:
    I also have the same problem if dx12 enabled game jerks, how would i make dx12 work well?
    Computer Information:
    i7 7700k
    nvidia gtx 1080ti
    2600mhz ddr4 kingston
    win10

# Have you tried modifying the (1.) Windows Exploit Protection settings?:
    2.) Select: Program Settings Tab and select: “+ Add programs to customize”.
    3.) Select:  Choose Exact File Path, add bfv.exe.
    4.) Modify the "Program Settings" and scroll down to “Control Flow Guard”.
    5.) Tick “Override System Settings” and turn it Off.

Restart your system after you have modified  the security settings for the bfv.exe.

• Odds1979
    Ydintalvi said:
    # Have you tried modifying the (1.) "Windows Exploit Protection" settings:
    2.) Select the "Program Settings" tab and select “+ Add programs to customize”.
    3.) Select "Choose Exact File Path" and add the bfv.exe.
    4.) Once it has been added open the "Program Settings" and scroll down to “Control Flow Guard”.
    5.) Select “Override System Settings” and turn it Off.

Restart your system after applying.

• Ydintalvi
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Odds1979 said:
    Ydintalvi said:
    4.) Once it has been added open the "Program Settings" and scroll down to “Control Flow Guard”.

thanks to you. when i get to work i try it :)
  • Odds1979
    Ydintalvi said:
    Odds1979 said:
    Ydintalvi said:

thanks to you. when i get to work i try it :)

# Another thing you might want to try is clearing the "DirectX Shader Cache":
    1.) Open your Explorer, right­-click on the drive you have Windows installed and select "Properties".
    2.) Open  the "General" tab.
    3.) Select "Disk Cleanup".
    4.) Tick the "DirectX Shader Cache" box.
  • OceanDK
    tried DX12 again just for "fun" but DX11 runs so much smoother than DX12.
  • Odds1979
    OceanDK said:
    tried DX12 again just for "fun" but DX11 runs so much smoother than DX12.

Its hit and miss, for some people DX12 runs smoother than DX11 and visa versa.
  • TROOPER181st
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Odds1979 wrote: »
    Are you using a user.cfg?

eh.. sorry for my noob question but where do i find that file ?
  • iigloo
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not many can play at all no matter what cinfig they use...it´s the game