[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• GenCuster
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The questions are?
    "But how many millions of dollars are losing company image damage?"
    thinking about the sales flop of BFV,
    "But is there really a lot of money going into sales of new accounts?"
    "Do microtransactions bring so much money to justify the use of cheats?"
    Answer from a "small" business owner,
    If I consider the image damage I have right now,
    especially in view of upcoming titles ... INCALCULABLE.
    An old saying goes like this,
    "If you take care of a client, tomorrow he will bring you two clients, if you take care of these three clients,
    tomorrow they will bring you six clients, if you dissatisfy a customer, tomorrow you will lose six customers "
    Ponder......

• OftenShot
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    Discussion on reddit at the moment about a cheater going 242-2 and encouraging people to report them. Let's see how long it takes EA...

update - the post on reddit was removed by the mod's. I will keep track if/ when they get banned though.
    Post edited by OftenShot on
  • TheMadZekrom
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only the Asian servers are flooded with hackers that make the gaming experience terrible! Also, the auto balancing is something that is missing since the game launched. BF4 was the best when it comes to this. Lets not forget the " EA Servers Disconnected" message that is annoying while attempting to switch to another server. ( Even with good internet ) The only fix to that is to restart origin and then connect to the server. 

I hope DICE can fix this and make the gameplay fair and square 
  • g0merpile
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just had a match where I watched an enemy magdump three Type 2 mags into a wall stone wall on Arras...Trying to kill a spawn beacon inside a closet.
    -
    Eventually they stopped and walked around to shoot it through a wooden door. There was no flares, they knew it was there.

That is because we use Nvidia Inspector to tune our graphic. THE WAY WE WANT IT TO BE PLAYED, it is not a cheat or advantage, specially, after-all , 6th grader can use nvidia inspector, However, this can be use for the bad as well, editing the LOD at the driver level, the gpu, cpu, is told something other then what the standard LOD is suppose to be. Anyone with a grade 6 education can utilize the BAD. WARNING OF ADVICE UNLESS YOU COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND LOD AND DAMAGE TO HARDWARE YOUR WARNED NOW. There is no wall, there are no object in the world, object orientated remove basically. Experience cheater can use this without anyone even known, can't fool a cat 2 times with the same trick right? My question is, if a 6th grader can use this tool to gain complete advantage in all of EA games, why has EA not done anything about this till NOW?.
  • Oxize
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    Bradock said to me they have Fairfight active on their server. I saw in BF5 never an warning from FairFight. In BF1 Fairfight was to strict en banned alot of non-cheaters. 

Maybe they lowered it down, but now cheaters dont get caught.

Love those times in BF2,3 where punkbuster did his job.

I cant report cheaters because somehow in-game origin doesnt work at my side.

101 Pages further, and we still have no fix! How dare you (greta)
  • IRainer_Wahnsinn
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    The anti cheat system - if there is any - is definately in a bad condition. If fairfight is really active it is obviously not even able to identify the most blatant cheaters now. In BF 1 the raging aimbot users were at least banned after a few hours - which also felt a little long for the players I rememer, but at least it worked. I also tracked some players (also raging aimbot users) in BF V now via battlefieldtracker. One of them played for additional four weeks (12k+ kills) and then his profile disappeared. Actually I am not even sure if he was banned or just changed his player name. I really hope that they will fix the anti cheat system soon ...
  • pajsner
    80 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    .I really hope that they will fix the anti cheat system soon ...
    Do you really think they will fix the cheating? If they haven't done it since the game was released, What will change now? The problem is not the cheaters, but everyone who indirectly supports the cheaters by acting as their targets and victims. Stop supporting this [removed due to circumventing  the profanity filter] by not playing, and you should see that even the cheaters lose what they need to have fun.

• NN_Buzz12
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GenCuster wrote: »
    The questions are?
    "But how many millions of dollars are losing company image damage?"
    thinking about the sales flop of BFV,
    "But is there really a lot of money going into sales of new accounts?"
    "Do microtransactions bring so much money to justify the use of cheats?"
    Answer from a "small" business owner,
    If I consider the image damage I have right now,
    especially in view of upcoming titles ... INCALCULABLE.
    An old saying goes like this,
    "If you take care of a client, tomorrow he will bring you two clients, if you take care of these three clients,
    tomorrow they will bring you six clients,
    if you dissatisfy a customer, tomorrow you will lose six customers "
    Ponder......

Good post. I’ve purchased many title from EA dating back to their very early days.

Now I’m on a $80 dollar mission to share with as many people as I can why they should run and never look back.
  • Dynamyte71
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    New Chapter and you just want to get going tonight. Pints taste good. Wait a minute...a lewis gun aimbotter. He wouldn't leave, he was arrogant said record him because creating accounts costs peanuts now. So I did. I grabbed the game reports. He went 28 kills, 27 via headshot with mmg (M1922MG) on Arras @834pm est. He followed it up with 27 kills, 27 via headshot with the lewis on Marita @843pm est.  I put in a ticket with EA with both reports, a link to my video. I also put the video up on every BF community twitter feed where it was not against the rules just because he was emptying servers trying ruin a night of gaming. The only reason his weren't higher was he was chatting a lot just to get under everyone's skin.

• OftenShot
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OftenShot said:
    Discussion on reddit at the moment about a cheater going 242-2 and encouraging people to report them. Let's see how long it takes EA...

update - the post on reddit was removed by the mod's. I will keep track if/ when they get banned though.

Todays update - he's still rage aimbotting with a K/D 40.97 and is now up to rank 37 from rank 19 yesterday.
  • GenCuster
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OftenShot said:
    OftenShot said:

Todays update - he's still rage aimbotting with a K/D 40.97 and is now up to rank 37 from rank 19 yesterday.
    So he's not an internet cafe goer ....
    that is, sporadic.
    This plays continuously, so from home

• OftenShot
    GenCuster said:
    OftenShot said:
    OftenShot said:

So he's not an internet cafe goer ....
    that is, sporadic.
    This plays continuously, so from home

It appears to be a home user. PM me and I'll send you his stat's.
  • phunguiFUC4U
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just had a match where I watched an enemy magdump three Type 2 mags into a wall stone wall on Arras...Trying to kill a spawn beacon inside a closet.
    -
    Eventually they stopped and walked around to shoot it through a wooden door. There was no flares, they knew it was there.

You do know that spawn beacons make noise right?
    I think his point is the hacker was going strictly by the exploit/tool which can be an external window to BFV i.e. a minimap cheat and if had bothered to look at the legitimate game screen, would see he's shooting at a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wall.  Should look up the cheats so you have some type of relevant knowledge especially being in a cheating topic.
  • phunguiFUC4U
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Time for new "strange things" for me and my squadmates.
    First we all have seen those cheater we can't find with Origin for report. They're name can't be found... I'm not talking about weird use of strange typo to fool other players like guys using I and l or | ... No i'm talking about easy names with no special caracter but just missing from the Origin list so you just can't report them.
    Now i've seen a strange variation of this problem. 2 players with EXACTLY the same name... and again no way to missandurstood a letter in their name... I'll give a wrong example (no name and shame) but if you see a player called "TRADEGU" you can't miss the lettters, you can't fool yourself on a wrong typo...
    So we have players who aren't registred in Origin soo we can't report them...
    And now we have players who have found how to duplicate names...
    And Dice still think we should report and shut up?
    Didn't know it was a working tool but i've been withness of a "lock on aimbot". I was playing with friends on a server and we were quite suspicious on a sniper of the enemy team. After a few very fishy kills he made i said in the chat "ok we think he's cheating, if you see something weid too maybe we should report him.
    Surprisingly (cheaters mostly stay quiet in chat) he started insulting me with usuals "L2P" blablabla, you know how bad kids may be insulting...
    I didn't care but what happens next was really new for me
    He started focusing his cheat on me on me... And started to use what seems to be a "lock on aimbot". On Marita, when he enemy is on A (he stayed near his base all the round), and you're on D capturing the flag... there's a rocky hill and houses between us... BUT he managed to hit. Wherever i would go, the guy could shot at me with bullets finding me everywhere.
    The guy was doing only bodyshots, just imagine how weird it is to see the damage indicator pointing in the direction of a cliff or a stone wall... And then the second shot kill you and you see on the killcam, the indicator was not bugged the bullet rreally came from thos side...
    BUT HOW THE HELL DO IT AVOID ALL SOLID OBJECT OF THE MAP?
    The guy was able to see my name, select me and lock aimbot on me... waow.
    EA/Dice may be promising us and anti cheat for the next BF, they already did this for BFV....
    Remenber when they told us in the BF1 period they were working on a new tool... I'm feed up of false promise and lies from Dice / EA.
    i'm pissed off when they say "players are leaving because of the TTK we changed it" when the WHOLE COMUNITY is pointing the abysimal situation of cheating there.
    For my personal part, i would suggest to all players who are pissed off by the actual politic of EA, no anti cheat and closing most discussion about it to just ignore the fact. to fight back on their way, comunication.
    We can't create new threads here, because it would make far more damage to the game. Closing threads just help EA/ DICE to be sure potential new customers won't see pages of topics when looking with google.
    Soo let's fight those brilliant EA and Dice the way that WILL ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ THEM OFF.
    You can't debate HERE but you can do it everywhere else... Instead of wasting time here where DICE / EA just ignore us and close our discussions, go in every forums you know.
    There are tons of websites talking about video games and this industry. there's tons of places where we can shout how much Dice and EA are lying about the rampant cheater problem. And there we're not silenced.
    Fun fact it boost the global bashing about EA company, and that will hurt them.
    They lied to us on their"new homemade anticheat" !
    They're starting to do the same talking about "a new anti cheat for next BF"...
    And they prevent us to warn the gaming comunity.
    Let's return their little game against them.
    Personally when a cheater ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ me off, i go for a different video game website, open a new thread on the forum, explain the outrageous situation here and give a link to this thread.
    We can't name and shame cheaters who ruin our free time? Ok let's name and shame the ones we can, Dice and EA.
    You should try guys, it's really enjoyable and it might be the only way to make those liers do something.

I like this strategy, spread this information throughout PC gaming community.  At the least someone goes into the purchase of BFV with a bit of warning/information on what they truly will get and how the software company responds/reacts. 
  • Foxassassin
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    -

I think his point is the hacker was going strictly by the exploit/tool which can be an external window to BFV i.e. a minimap cheat and if had bothered to look at the legitimate game screen, would see he's shooting at a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wall.  Should look up the cheats so you have some type of relevant knowledge especially being in a cheating topic.
    Thank you. That was my point yes
  • Dynamyte71
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 15
    Even if you dot the "i's" and cross the "t's" for them good luck.

I have submitted around 20 tickets with EA since Jan 2 (oddly enough they must have a rather large call center because I have not had two replies from the same customer service representative yet).

A decade ago anyone coming in aimbotting and generally griefing a server or like last night he was all over the US servers was taken care of swiftly. A hardware ban, so go out and buy another mobo and another game key should they want to play again.

So like I said previous these are all out blatant cheaters...no denying it. I have video, I have game reports. I also have the most disappointing email response from EA this time regarding how they handle these ticket and players violating their ToS and I quote...

Last night's submitted ticket...

"Thank you for contacting EA help. My name is [just another customer rep] and I would assist you with your Origin issue today.

I reviewed your email and realize that you're reporting this hacker who somehow manage to glitch the game and destroyed the servers.It is really upsetting when such an excellent players like you have to deal with such situations. Don't worry, together we'll try to track down these hackers.

Be assured I've put the detailed notes and passed this information to the concerned team. They will keep eye on them, if they find that the player violates our ToS then a proper sanction will be applied.

I'd like to inform you that when we report a player, it straight goes to the team terms of services, who further investigate the player manually and send them 2 to 3 warnings initially and then take actions accordingly."

This guy aimbotted with the Lewis as well as M1922MG in another round  cleaning out several servers last night (that is several of the only 6 playing conquest lol) and base on how they handle the violation he gets a warning. "Stop!" or I'll say STOP again (at least 1-2 more times).

Is this a joke?  Folks remember this late this year or early next when you get that email that says EA would like you to alpha test there next iteration and help squash bugs.

I want all the videos you have of just aimbotters. I have a rather sizable online drive space for work and would like to put them all in one place. We would like to dump them on social media on some twitter and FB fan made projects willing to allow them that we reached out to last week. Inbox me please.
  • BassMan_PC
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 15
    (Quote)

I know what the ESP stuff looks like and it is sickening. I initially thought it was a silly hackusation when you can tell the location of a spawn beacon by the sound alone. However, he later provided some context saying that the player was shooting at the beacon from far away. So, it was just a miscommunication.
  • 5bulletsSLR
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    let me tell you how FF works, it is stupid as it will take a screenshot when you play, and the cheating tool will show the message as "FF has taken a screenshot and it has been taken care of". 

there is a guy called "on the way to ban" and that's exactly what his channel shows about FF
  • Dynamyte71
    Same guy from last night ruining all the US servers with aimbot and Lewis is back again today. I put videos all over twitter.

I still like the reply on my EA ticket...we are held to a higher standard in the forums then what is expected in the game. That's not a slight on the forum mods so much as indicating the sad state of the franchise.

My last ticket again...
    "Thank you for contacting EA help. My name is [just another customer rep] and I would assist you with your Origin issue today.

I reviewed your email and realize that you're reporting this hacker who somehow manage to glitch the game and destroyed the servers.It is really upsetting when such an excellent players like you have to deal with such situations. Don't worry, together we'll try to track down these hackers.

Be assured I've put the detailed notes and passed this information to the concerned team. They will keep eye on them, if they find that the player violates our ToS then a proper sanction will be applied.

I'd like to inform you that when we report a player, it straight goes to the team terms of services, who further investigate the player manually and send them 2 to 3 warnings initially and then take actions accordingly."

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    -

Thank you. That was my point yes
    There are so many hacker apologists on here, it's pathetic.  Not as bad as the old BFV cheat thread, though.

Here's an example: I made the claim that the game would be and is wrecked if 1% of the playerbase is cheating.  Here's what one apologist said:

@Red_Label_Scotch 1% is not rampant. 1% is a concern, so that one percent doesn't turn into 2% and spiral out of control and turn into 20% but one percent is not rampant. According to your estimation, That's one cheater per 100 matches. For every 100 matches played, you have one cheater in your game.

I did some math explanation, then he replied

still waiting on @Red_Label_Scotch to explain math to me. How 1Pct equals 1 cheater every other game as laid out by my example shows that that would equal more than 1 percent if that was the actual case. Seeing how not all cheaters would be on concurrently.

Then he added:

For it to be every other game, it would have to be in the 30s or 40s I'm guestimating.

A quarter or more would have to be cheating. So if let's say you have 30,000 online, but 12,000 we're cheaters, that's more likely that every other game you'll encounter a cheater. You won't encounter a cheater every other game with 30,000/300. Statistics say that's not very likely.

If there only 300 that are cheating let's give rough figures, let's say 125 are in Asia, 25 are in American servers, 25 are Britain servers, and the rest are sprinkled through other regions... How likely is it your going to encounter a player every game if it's one percent? There is no global server. In some regions the rate of cheating is going to be lower.

I mean, the apologists are just really bad, really dumb...