Type 11 MG Why bother?

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    6723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    CT1924 wrote: »
    What does the hopper do? Can you reload while shooting with the top up spec?

It lets you reload slightly faster ONLY when your remaining ammo is evenly divisible by 5.

That sounds like a joke, but I assure you I'm serious.

So if it is not divisible by 5 it makes the regular slow reload?
  • talhaONE
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

Yep.
  • NuttysKunKs
    433 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The only benefit of this gun so far I’ve found is that it sounds good. That’s it.
  • olavafar
    2136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is the case also with any weapon that uses clips and also some that use magazines. It is faster to reload if one empties the clip (or magazine) than to do it at random points. This is one reason the accuracy stat is quite pointless as often one is better off shooting of a few bullets for a faster reload. It was more of this in BF1 (more weapons using clips) but it exists also in BFV.
  • Woodlbrad
    715 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is no point it’s terrible all thanks to dice nerfing guns dmg and range into the ground. Worst FPS on the market.
  • DaMutha1
    1381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I actually like it.  Sue me.
  • Hawxxeye
    6723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14

talhaONE said:
    (Quote)

Yep.

It is things like that that make me believe that DICE is trolling us.
    One can justify technical issues or a corporate mindset for many of the problems of the game but this is just trolling
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You people want more guns, and somehow want the statistical values of each to not be too similar to the other guns, while sill being "good". Good luck with that balancing act.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You people want more guns, and somehow want the statistical values of each to not be too similar to the other guns, while sill being "good". Good luck with that balancing act.

Its actually very easy, it was called 5.0. Guns shoot bullets, which kill. So even “subpar” guns kill if you can aim and use them wisely.

But now it no longer works that way, the damage is so nerfed that a handful of guns are night/day superior and trying to fiddle around with the weak guns is frustrating when everyone else is using Stg44 and Type2.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They accomplished it very well in BF4. The only legit bad weapon was the Mare's Leg, everything else was totally viable, and back then DICE balanced based on caliber, so every gun that fired the same size bullet did almost exactly the same damage, they differentiated weapons with Hrec, Vrec, SIPS, ROF, capacity, muzzle velocity, and hipfire AND on top of that gave weapons almost all the same attachments so that you could customize your favorite weapon more towards your preferred playstyle. Slap a longer range scope and a laser on a gun and you could hipfire like a god and challenge Recon at range.

And on top of that because of spread values on weapons tap fire was needed to control weapons at range, so while on paper TTK values were almost identical to BFV 5.0 the actual TTK was much more forgiving and conducive to skill, so you actually could respond to getting shot at and turn around and kill your attacker instead of being twitch shooting garbage like BFV.

BF4 at the end of its lifecycle was a nearly perfect arcade shooter, IMO. The only problem was the indirect fire gadgets like the Mortar and UCAV.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like it
  • aquadude79
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it's a good gun, possibly favorite lmg
    just reading the stats doesn't give you the true measure of performance of a gun in this game
  • VincentNZ
    3875 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    just reading the stats doesn't give you the true measure of performance of a gun in this game

I does. Especially in this game with it's gun mechanics and in the current low recoil/low damage period the TTK charts and the stats themselves, paint a really accurate picture, totally different from the previous games.
    If you perform well with this weapon it is a personal thing. Certainly not the gun. Maybe you like the looks of it, or find the reload particularly immersive. All that counts towards are more pleasureful experience, yet it is still subpar to many if not all other LMGs out there.

• Terminator000001
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    It is things like that that make me believe that DICE is trolling us.One can justify technical issues or a corporate mindset for many of the problems of the game but this is just trolling

It is comments like this that make me believe the community is just trolling. Either this or people have no idea how the specific weapons work they complain about.
  • talhaONE
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

BF4 at the end of its lifecycle was a nearly perfect arcade shooter, IMO. The only problem was the indirect fire gadgets like the Mortar and UCAV.
    There is nothing wrong with mortar or ucav. Mortar splash radius was so small and does only around 80 even in a direct hit. Ucav took a year to reload itself and does pitiful amount of damage to vehicles also cant hit things across the map due to short range.

You know what was the real problem of Bf4? The ace 23 and Aek 971. Those op crap guns were spammed in nearly every lobby.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11485 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This thing is a beast. Quite enjoying it.
  • Woodlbrad
    715 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Great for tickling players lol it’s garbage. It’s slow and has terrible range bulletspongefield v is dead.
  • aquadude79
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:

I does. Especially in this game with it's gun mechanics and in the current low recoil/low damage period the TTK charts and the stats themselves, paint a really accurate picture, totally different from the previous games.
    If you perform well with this weapon it is a personal thing. Certainly not the gun. Maybe you like the looks of it, or find the reload particularly immersive. All that counts towards are more pleasureful experience, yet it is still subpar to many if not all other LMGs out there.

yeah maybe, i guess i don't read weapon stats. i like all the LMGs, except obvi FG-42 post TTK changes.
    reload on type 11 sucks, gotta play around it, but that's also just kinda LMGs for ya
  • moose004
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To me, using it for the first few times was disorienting.  The front sights are godawful (the front sight post feels about a foot wide) and the bulk of the gun being on the left of the screen instead of on the right like the Bren and Type 97 takes some getting used to.  It's pretty accurate but with the current damage model, it's not accurate enough to make up for a 510 rpm firing Nerf darts.  I'm gonna get it to rank 4 like I try to do with all new guns so I can reset specs and try different things, at least.  It's not awful, it's just not a game-changer like the 2A was when it dropped.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    535 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    aquadude79 wrote: »
    it's a good gun, possibly favorite lmg.just reading the stats doesn't give you the true measure of performance of a gun in this game

"Just try 5.2 before criticizing it maybe it's not so bad".

We said it'll suck reading the stats and lo and behold it sucks.