To kill a tank in a plane requires too little skill. The Unpopular opinion of an old grumpy tanker

Comments

• g0merpile
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 16
    l337RAGE said:
    Try to keep toxicity to a minimum everyone as I am almost at the LD50 for BFV... 
    Why are there so many bombs that can 1 hit a tank? Pilots can literally hold a server hostage. If one side has better pilots, the other side even if they have the best infantry and tankers can now be effectively made redundant as Tankers cannot move up on the open maps (Pacific Storm is the worst) meaning the infantry are effectively without vehicle support. Its not that I don't think planes should be weakened I feel that their full potential needs to require more skill to unlock. (Same can be said for tanks now too). Ever since the tank changes and the addition of 3rd person bomb sights on fighters tanking on maps with 2+ aircraft is a nightmare. I cannot support the infantry effectively, You spend too much time repairing trying to move up and when you get near the front the 3d spotting gives pilots a nice little target to fly towards once their bombs are resupplied. There have been many solo games on pacific storm where I struggle to make it from the landing craft due to planes 1 hitting me. 80% of your focus on those games is on the air trying to sneak through and not be spotted. Aircraft should be strong, but remember a JDAM did 50 damage in BF4 yet in V even fighters can one hit you. Go on tell me to get good stop whinging lol. Rant over :)  

I agree with all, it really is off balance, tanks, try shooting down a plane with AA. LOL. Try to move in a post with a tank, like in panzerstorm like 300 miles for the C Post in a heavy tank. LOL. Basically they took the skill of the tanker and threw it out the window. The problem is the plane cannot be shotdown by a AA gun. Strange how we can fire 300 rounds in a plane it lives, we can take fire at with antitank bullet and destroy it with 5 shots.
    Post edited by g0merpile on
  • Terminator000001
    564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s far too easy. A 95% damage hit should be max.

Unless they directly hit you with a 500-1000kg bomb.

The pacific planes do hit the tanks with 2x500lb bombs. 🦆

The Missile upgrade one shots Tanks also with one use of them.

Which missiles?
  • tempo_rarity
    1245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    31 other Players doing their thing , one of whom could be really , really good at AA'ing or flying . . .
    Simply asking your Mates : "Can we have some AA?" just might do the trick , next time .
    It certainly never hurts to ask .

Up until a few days ago I had a fair bit of sympathy for Tankers who got themselves smithereen'd by Planes .
    Then I got into the amphibious one in Wake and seriously sampled and tasted this '3rd person view'  . . . whaaaat?
    It seemed as though I could easily Kill things here on the ground as easily as I could be easily Killed by things up in the air .
    All moving pixels get swiveled onto and that magic sight says when to fire . . . it was just wayyy too easy and quite honestly , a tad boring .
    . . . and to me it seemed awfully familiar to that very same described 'ease' at which Planes can Kill . . .
    'Balanced OHK's' was the term that occurred to me after my 10-0 death (I gave the Tank to my Gunner then got shot up defending 'F')
  • NLBartmaN
    4290 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I want to see the discussion starter 1 drop destroy a heavy tank with a Corsair ... at the first try ...

Then we can talk about too little skill, easy, etc ...
  • SirBobdk
    4749 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    I want to see the discussion starter 1 drop destroy a heavy tank with a Corsair ... at the first try ...

Never done that.
  • NLBartmaN
    SirBobdk said:
    NLBartmaN said:

Never done that.
    Ssssst, let him try, he says it it easy and takes too little skill ...
  • MBT_Layzan
    2434 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    NLBartmaN said:

Never done that.
    Well even if you can't I'm sure you both can reduce the tank that was on full health to under 10% and multiple disabled per try. A tank won't do much when they keep having that happen to them. 
  • SirBobdk
    4749 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    NLBartmaN said:

Never done that.
    Well even if you can't I'm sure you both can reduce the tank that was on full health to under 10% and multiple disabled per try. A tank won't do much when they keep having that happen to them. 

The japanese tanks have a way easier time than the US tanks. Most are using firebombs with the corsair. It's the Zero that causes all the problems due to map design and the Japanese being the defenders.
    But it is still only the experienced pilots that uses anti tank bombs. All the inexperienced are still using fire bombs.

• MBT_Layzan
    2434 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    SirBobdk said:
    NLBartmaN said:

Never done that.

The japanese tanks have a way easier time than the US tanks. Most are using firebombs with the corsair. It's the Zero that causes all the problems due to map design and the Japanese being the defenders.
    But it is still only the experienced pilots that uses anti tank bombs. All the inexperienced are still using fire bombs.

True.

I totally forgot too, the only match I think I've seen you in, you nailed my tank (type 97) on full health with the corsair. I think you were going for some infantry and nailed us all.   
  • SirBobdk
    edited February 16
    SirBobdk said:
    SirBobdk said:
    NLBartmaN said:

Never done that.

True.

I totally forgot too, the only match I think I've seen you in, you nailed my tank (type 97) on full health with the corsair. I think you were going for some infantry and nailed us all.   

No, you were in a Sherman on Iwo, 3th sector near A
  • MBT_Layzan
    SirBobdk said:
    SirBobdk said:
    SirBobdk said:
    NLBartmaN said:

Never done that.

True.

No, you were in a Sherman on Iwo, 3th sector near A
    Arh yes it was, god it's been so long playing Iwo BT I forgot. 
  • CnConrad
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I tank quite a bit and while it is frustrating to get killed by a plane, it's much more frustrating to be killed by a tank as infantry.

Planes should still 1 hit kill a tank just like now, but the fliegerfrost should be buffed back up to release strength.

Right now tanks are insanely op if the driver is not a complete moron. Planes are need d to destroy camping tanks.

If infantry could lock down the skies with anti air then everything is mostly balanced..
  • CnConrad
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just really can't understand how anyone could possibly want a further tank buff.

It's just crazy.

I love my OP tanks, but I'm still a bit ashamed going 30-2 in them since they are so op now.
  • SirBobdk
    CnConrad said:

Planes should still 1 hit kill a tank just like now, but the fliegerfrost should be buffed back up to release strength.

I dont think thats the right solution. FF is almost fine right now. Maybe needs a faster reload and more ammo to spawn with.
    Pre past FF made dogfight impossible and that what we dont want. Planes should be fighting each other.
    It would be better to balance the planes and make them harder to master.
    • Remove 3th bomb sight. Force planes to get closer to ground where the FF dominates right now.
    • Remove ability to fire in 3th view.
    • Improve mechanichs and make it more skillfull to fly and better in dogfighting. More like BF3
    • Replace fighter Bomber in pacific map with slow 2 seat attack plane.

• NLBartmaN
    CnConrad said:
    I just really can't understand how anyone could possibly want a further tank buff.

It's just crazy.

I love my OP tanks, but I'm still a bit ashamed going 30-2 in them since they are so op now.
    Tanks are still far too weak to PTFO.

It is so insane easy to solo a Tank as Assault player, when the Tanks actually moves in.
    The Lunge mine made it even easier.

Without support from his team, a Tanker is a very easy target.

Going 30-2 from a hill or from out of bounds for the enemy team, does NOT mean Tanks are OP ...
  • CnConrad
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    (Quote)

I dont think thats the right solution. FF is almost fine right now. Maybe needs a faster reload and more ammo to spawn with.Pre past FF made dogfight impossible and that what we dont want. Planes should be fighting each other.It would be better to balance the planes and make them harder to master.
    * Remove 3th bomb sight. Force planes to get closer to ground where the FF dominates right now.

* Remove ability to fire in 3th view.
    * Improve mechanichs and make it more skillfull to fly and better in dogfighting. More like BF3

* Replace fighter Bomber in pacific map with slow 2 seat attack plane.

I have flown and tanked quite a bit since I really don't like the current gun play.

Here are some facts from my playing.

I haven't been killed by a single FF since they were nerfed. In my experience you have to be exceptionally foolish to be shot down by one now.

I absolutely get many more kills with a tank than a plane. It is much much easier to kill players with a tank than a plane.

I do occasionally get killed by planes when tanking buts only when I'm being lazy and camping.

A pair of good pilots can lock down the air and completely render dogfighting and any chance the enemy has at taking them out to nothing. Because once you have control of the air you just can camp the enemy spawns of 1 plane at a time and there is nothing they can do.

Flying before the FF nerf was actually the most fun I have had as a mediocre pilot. I got kills I got shot down I had a good time keeping an eye out for new planes spawinging and threats from the ground while shooting crazy strong infantry cannons

Now it's always 1 team owns the sky and that it.

• NLBartmaN
    CnConrad said:

Now it's always 1 team owns the sky and that it.

And that 1 team is almost always the team with the best planes (aka Zero's), not the best pilots ... 

Every "problem" in this game related to planes is caused by the insane unbalance between planes (not just Zero's but also fighters vs bombers etc) and the fact they are faction locked, 2 VERY bad choices by Dice.
  • MsieurLeodagan
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pacifics maps as Wake are good but ruined by plane...
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 16
    NLBartmaN said:
    CnConrad said:

It's just crazy.

Tanks are still far too weak to PTFO.

It is so insane easy to solo a Tank as Assault player, when the Tanks actually moves in.
    The Lunge mine made it even easier.

Without support from his team, a Tanker is a very easy target.

Going 30-2 from a hill or from out of bounds for the enemy team, does NOT mean Tanks are OP ...
    Tanks would be fine if Dice removed systemic damage. But it won't happen so the majority of tanks are still going to camp far away from objectives.
    Attrition sucks a gigantic one for both infantry and vehicles but once again Dice is way too shortsighted to notice that.
  • g0merpile
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I get in a plane, I can hear foot steps from outside, jeez has the developer never been to a airport real close with a bomber running. LOL tell me you can hear a foot step 1 inch behind YA