Patch 6.0 and planes

TTV_Zalloo3
1 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
So what now fligerfust have been buffed again in patch 6.0 without any mention in the patch notes, AA and mobile AAs have been buffed as in patch notes, what about the planes ?! plane cannons and hmgs still shoots rubber bullet’s on infantry and its not accurate lot`s of spread and you cant rely on them, if you are close you don’t get damage, if you are in the range you cant see the infantry even if thy are spotted, once you can see them you don’t have the chance to kill them cause you are already out of your cannon kill zone ( 20mm cannon non explosive ), this should be looked at and plane cannons and hmg should kill the infantry easy, in the past battlefield titles we did not have this issue, plane cannons and hmg could damage and kill the infantry if we can see them and aim at them, in battlefield v it depends on luck if you are lucky you will get a kill if you are not try again despite if your aim was on target.

Comments

• Man_ILoveFishing
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Planes are fine in pacifics. Planes are bad, especially fighters are bad in non pacifics.
  • Callisto90
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should never have put explosive rounds on the pacific planes.
    They need to fix or remove spotting flares in general. Not just from planes.

Strafing with spitfires and Messerschmidts is tough but doable. 
    You just need to fly at a more horizontal approach and use your rudder to fine tune where the bullets lands.

Flying vertical or at a more vertical angle makes it much harder to land shots and you increase your chance of hitting the ground or a obstacle as you pull off.
  • SirBobdk
    5323 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should never have put explosive rounds on the pacific planes.
    They need to fix or remove spotting flares in general. Not just from planes.

Explosive + 3th bomb view + fire bombs + flares was a bad idea imo, but also making a fighter perform better than the BF1 GO AP.
    They should have made it a 2 seat slow attack plane then the explosive could have worked.
  • SirBobdk
    5323 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Planes are fine in pacifics. Planes are bad, especially fighters are bad in non pacifics.
    Planes are easy mode in Pacific map, especially the Zero. Its getting dead boring farming infantry and tanks with out any real thread from ground.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Planes are easy mode in Pacific map, especially the Zero. Its getting dead boring farming infantry and tanks with out any real thread from ground.
    And in vanilla its dead fun when map borders are squeezed right? Basically i'm only farming with bombs, i don't have cannons. And people that use cannons are getting owned by enemy fighters. But i do agree with no thread from ground.
  • spychodelics
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    Currently i see the forums getting flooded with whiners. But none of them is getting down from their high horse to play the game it is intended to. 

First of all most of the new players need to realize we are playing Battlefield, This is not a CS, COD, PUBG, FORTNITE or whatever. 

We play Infantry and Vehicle. There is a counter to everything BUT not everything cant get countert by one single player! 

Most problems would solve themselve with Teamwork. DICE cant and shouldnt! pleasure all players to be a One-Man-Army. 

FF + SAA for example, i see only whiners on the server raging about getting killed by an airplane and instantly quitting, but i am somehow the only one sitting in an SAA or using the FF. 
    Or hopping in a Plane and shooting down enemy aircraft. 

But, to get back to the OP. 

1. Yes, Currently the 20mm (none explosive) cannons are a joke.  
    2. Yes, they are somehow unreliable. 
    3. Yes, you can only see the flared enemys when you are outside the damage range of the cannons.  
    4. Yes, you should be able to deal enough damage when you are dangerously low that you get popped by two guys with a FF. 

OK, after playing 2h today it seems, FF is faster now, range is bigger and it makes a little more dmg. (can be subjective)
    This makes it almost impossible with 1-2 SAA and 3-4 FF on the ground for enemy team to have pilots in the air.

Post edited by spychodelics on
  • CSO7777
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Currently i see the forums getting flooded with whiners. But none of them is getting down from their high horse to play the game it is intended to. 

First of all most of the new players need to realize we are playing Battlefield, This is not a CS, COD, PUBG, FORTNITE or whatever. 

We play Infantry and Vehicle. There is a counter to everything BUT not everything cant get countert by one single player! 

Most problems would solve themselve with Teamwork. DICE cant and shouldnt! pleasure all players to be a One-Man-Army. 

FF + SAA for example, i see only whiners on the server raging about getting killed by an airplane and instantly quitting, but i am somehow the only one sitting in an SAA or using the FF. 

3. Yes, you can only see the flared enemys when you are outside the damage range of the cannons.  
    4. Yes, you should be able to deal enough damage when you are dangerously low that you get popped by two guys with a FF. 

OK, after playing 2h today it seems, FF is faster now, range is bigger and it makes a little more dmg. (can be subjective)
    This makes it almost impossible with 1-2 SAA and 3-4 FF on the ground for enemy team to have pilots in the air.

This was a discussion in BF1 as well. And pilots went 100-1 over and over again, some maps were almost unplayable with good pilots.

"Teamwork" is a failed idea, it failed in BF1 and it fails in BFV as well.

Part of the problem is that infantry has no real counters for planes (except the FF), but the most important thing is that you cannot just run around with a FF and wait for planes, when you are fighting other infantry players (you will get killed pretty fast).

This was the problem in BF1 as well (with both planes and tanks), infantry is busy fighting enemy infantry and the vehicles exploits this for farming infantry.

A game where infantry are capping small objective areas and then having heavy bombers in the game (or zeros with fire-bombs and explosive rounds), is just bad game-design.
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    396 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:

This was a discussion in BF1 as well. And pilots went 100-1 over and over again, some maps were almost unplayable with good pilots.

"Teamwork" is a failed idea, it failed in BF1 and it fails in BFV as well.

Part of the problem is that infantry has no real counters for planes (except the FF), but the most important thing is that you cannot just run around with a FF and wait for planes, when you are fighting other infantry players (you will get killed pretty fast).

This was the problem in BF1 as well (with both planes and tanks), infantry is busy fighting enemy infantry and the vehicles exploits this for farming infantry.

A game where infantry are capping small objective areas and then having heavy bombers in the game (or zeros with fire-bombs and explosive rounds), is just bad game-design.

in the  pacific war both sides have equal amount of planes so it`s not an infantry issue where you have a side with planes and the other without them, an  infantry can get into a plane or an AA or an MAA and can shoot down the plane ,  but buffing the fligerfaust and buffing the AA and the MAA makes the planes useless plus the planes was nerfed hard .
  • RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14

I am not noticing the 3 improvements  / buff to the FF you refer to and I have been using it quite a lot. 
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I tend to avoid maps with many bombers and tanks. In past editions you could sneak around them and fight over an objective without having to deal with several tanks or planes. In this game it seems everybody is going to the same place, objectives don't feel like separate sections of the map.
    Just tonight in one round I spawned 4 times, and got immediately bombed or tanked. Alt-f4 was my 5th action.
    But hey, some will say I spawned on the wrong flag, or didn't duck for cover, or it was simply my own fault, just a noob spawning blindly.
    In any case, this game is still totally unbalanced and the attempts of making tanks and planes more appealing to everyone just cause more frustration.
    And I don't know about the rest, but I don't play a game to get frustrated.
  • DaveTheBrave_USA
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 16
    SirBobdk said:
    The planes are too strong and take out tanks with 1 shot with ease in the Pacifics and other maps too. There is no effective way to defend against aircraft from the ground and in my opinion it is extremely unbalanced. You spend time maneuvering your tank to an effective firing position and then suddenly from out of nowhere you are destroyed from a Corsair or Zero from above! And you look at their K/D ratio of  20 something to some single digit and it tells you all you need to know about the vulnerability of playing the aircraft. You may be a skillful pilot but it doesn't matter because it does not justify the fact that you are so immune from attack and ground forces can not defend themselves that it amounts to cheating.
  • Nzz1
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

True story :)
  • llllFluffyllll
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Good so you agree planes are far too powerful and both AA and FF need buffing.
  • legunman
    13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    dice have to remove bombs ground reticle they add in 5.2 patch , so pilots need skill to destroy a tank at high altitude , plz dont do nerfs , skill must be the adjustement variable
  • Callisto90
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't really understand people who jump on the "planes are OP" band wagon. They're only OP when nobody does anything about it. 

Exactly the same as a tank, i've seen people do better with a tank than a pacific plane.

Use what the game has given you to take out the plane. Fliegers do 90 damage when landing all rockets.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seriously, you need a full squad with full attention, the entire round to take down some planes/bombers. Nobody is gonna do that.
    There is a reason why planes go on insane scores in all modes, and why almost nobody is teaming up to take them down.
    It's not working, plain and simple. Silly comments about teamwork when the tools at hand are not upto the task, really...
  • spychodelics
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    XDCFluffy said:

Good so you agree planes are far too powerful and both AA and FF need buffing.
    no, you should read my post again pls.

TFBisquit said:
    Seriously, you need a full squad with full attention, the entire round to take down some planes/bombers. Nobody is gonna do that.
    There is a reason why planes go on insane scores in all modes, and why almost nobody is teaming up to take them down.
    It's not working, plain and simple. Silly comments about teamwork when the tools at hand are not upto the task, really...
    Yes, thats what i meant with teamwork, 4 out of 32 is enough, given the amount of useless snipers i most often see in the background they could choose to help instead of being useless.