Latest update slowes down my pc

tussefjun
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Hello .
After the latest update my game has become unplayable online. Even doped all settings to low but same problem . It lags or freezes for a few seconds. The marks on the right side about lag  almost always on. It was working fine  for years until the new update. Is this just me and my Pc or it happen to more people?
Thank you for any help

Comments

• iamwiener
    360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Talking about OS update or game update?
    Whats your OS and is it actually updated?
    "marks on the right" - Which of them: frames or connection?
    Is your GPU driver up to date?
    Did you clear your shader cache?
  • tussefjun
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    lol  Sorry  A little unclear  Game update/patch  Win 10 and updated. Connections warnings  Driver updated and no I did not and I will now see how to do that. Thanks
  • CSO7777
    1877 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile said:
    tussefjun said:
    Hello .
    After the latest update my game has become unplayable online. Even doped all settings to low but same problem . It lags or freezes for a few seconds. The marks on the right side about lag  almost always on. It was working fine  for years until the new update. Is this just me and my Pc or it happen to more people?
    Thank you for any help

Uninstall https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4528760/windows-10-update-kb4528760

Uninstalling security patches from MS is bad advice. 

There has already been a newer patch from MS in this month which also contains the patch you mention.

And there has been no widespread reports about problems with these updates, seems like you are guessing...
  • g0merpile
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 16
    Never have used security from MS, I deal with my own. I also use the N version of windows, No automatic Microsoft security or bloatware. There are better ways to maintain your security  then Microsoft broken down patches and defender. 
  • Carbonic
    1948 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited February 17
    g0merpile said:
    Never have used security from MS, I deal with my own. I also use the N version of windows, No automatic Microsoft security or bloatware. There are better ways to maintain your security  then Microsoft broken down patches and defender. 
    The N versions have no changes reguarding to the security features enabled in Windows.
    “N” editions of Windows are available in Europe, and are missing a few media-related features. On Windows 7, you’ll find that Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center are missing. On Windows 10, they don’t include Windows Media Player, Groove Music, Movies & TV, Voice Recorder, or Skype.

I would also advise against not installing Windows security updates.

• CSO7777
    1877 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 17
    g0merpile said:
    This is totally unrealistic for normal people, it has no relevance for "normal" people asking for advice on the BF-forums.

MS has made some bad patches (even the last one they released), but rule number one is to update all your software with any security patches available (for 99.9% of all users). Almost all malware/virus-attacks comes from unpatched software or "bad" user behavior. And firewalls/antivirus-systems are no guarantee for anything...