[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• Dynamyte71
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 18
    @OftenShot later man stay in touch, it’s a frustrating time with the this franchise.

@Red_Label_Scotch you will see a few more the rage aimbot vids on a few select Twitter pages over the coming days.
    I also have a few with ESP and the aforementioned radar that Westie was talking about. If I could only get @Rogue-9 to narrate them as he did such a fine job on YouTube showing how common place these type of hacks are and even has given me some insight on visual cues to look for with these crafty players.
  • S1n31ra
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The hacking is well and alive! Great!!
    DICE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ants.
  • STOPchris
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 18
    Every once in a while I come back here (haven't played the game in months) to have a laugh that EA still has not done, or said, anything about cheaters in this game. I just can't support a company like this in the future. Same goes for Activision. These two companies are helping tear down PC gaming. I'd say that Activision might be doing worse though, they don't even have forums anymore for Call of Duty! They deleted the forums, which is a HUGE slap in the face to their customers. These companies not doing anything about cheating in their games really just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I want to give you guys money, but apparently you don't want it!

Carbonic said:
    Oxize said:
    Bradock is telling me that FairFight is on. If it is on, like in BF1, hardcore cheaters should get caught...

Oxize said:
    Carbonic said:
    The problem is when the speculation is presented as fact. I see that as a problem for the people in here if people want EA to take this as seriously as possible. You don't make a case for change stronger by basing it on wrong facts.
    Make atleast Fairfight working like in BF1 or get a new Anti-Cheat (easy anti-cheat, BattleEye)
    Right there! You yourself said Braddock told you that FairFight is enabled like in BF1 and then you later begin spreading the none-fact fact that Fairfight is not on like in BF1.
    If I was developing BFV that is not the behavior of a person I would listen to feedback from. To me, the more the feedback becomes less reasonable the less I would listen to it and if you get others to say that Fairfight is not enabled like in BF1 with that, then you are hurting everyone in here, including me, by making our feedback mean less.
    You said a lot of good things, no reason to ruin that.

Well, then cash becomes something that EA doesn't get because they did not listen to his feedback. Go ahead and not listen to your customers because they are upset, I'm sure that will go over well in the long-term.

• xxxThug1xxx
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When does EA/Dice ever do their job? Same player reported by numerous people over the past three days and he is still playing. When will the people at EA/Dice get the head removed from their ... and do their job and take care of their game.
  • S1n31ra
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The same accounts are going at it in Firestorm, and some new ones. None of them are stolen.
    And NOTHING happens. I'm getting this bad taste in my mouth.
  • TheRealFoe
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    unplayable today, you need to update again so we get half a day of peace while they update hacks.
  • STOPchris
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When does EA/Dice ever do their job? Same player reported by numerous people over the past three days and he is still playing. When will the people at EA/Dice get the head removed from their ... and do their job and take care of their game.

When people stop feeding them. Don't give them money and they'll respond REALLY fast.
  • 5bulletsSLR
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Carbonic said:
    Odds1979 said:
    When there is lack of information/action people will start to speculate.
    The problem is when the speculation is presented as fact. I see that as a problem for the people in here if people want EA to take this as seriously as possible. You don't make a case for change stronger by basing it on wrong facts.

It's like how saying
    "I think everybody should have enough to eat because eating is a basic need that when fulfilled make for a better society"
    is way better for your argument than
    "I think everybody should have enough to eat because the moon dolphin people will then sing my favorite song"

Some here think that I go after peoples' arguments on this issue to defend EA.
    I'm actually just trying to make their case stronger by trying to make their arguments better (and this forum better).
    thanks to your effort, cheaters with aimbot can play for at least 20-25 days without getting banned
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14450 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    thanks to your effort, cheaters with aimbot can play for at least 20-25 days without getting banned
    He has absolutely nothing to do with the anticheat effort,  if you even bothered to read his signature ( aswell as other moderators like myself ) you would clearly see that we do not represent EA nor dice and that we are volunteers.

just saying.
  • wildbam
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    20-25 days?

I see cheaters I reported nearly a year ago.. and they are still roaming around .. Idk but it looks like EA/DICE does not care at all ;(
  • Private_Tom_7
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Chinese hackers on servers around the world.
    We want to take appropriate hacker countermeasures as soon as possible.
    I want you to value the right player.
  • Carbonic
    1957 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Carbonic said:
    Odds1979 said:
    When there is lack of information/action people will start to speculate.

It's like how saying
    "I think everybody should have enough to eat because eating is a basic need that when fulfilled make for a better society"
    is way better for your argument than
    "I think everybody should have enough to eat because the moon dolphin people will then sing my favorite song"

Some here think that I go after peoples' arguments on this issue to defend EA.
    I'm actually just trying to make their case stronger by trying to make their arguments better (and this forum better).
    Oh I'm so sorry, I'll fix this issue right up for you, just give me 5-30 years to quit doing my current job, get a job at EA, works up the ranks to a position where I can make decisions like that and then some years for the solution to be developed! Be "right" back.
  • AlolanBrionne
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why this megathread even exist?

Do something. Tell us something.

No working anti-cheat, No working cheater reporting system.

Or just how about sell premium membership which can access Chinese-free server? Easy money right?

What a huge mess.
  • I9sixty2
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm with you but i'm sad about it. I'm now playing COD a lot because it has less cheaters then Battlefield and that's a disgrace.
  • Col_Little_J275
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One of the Firestorm hackers who has been banned many times but keeps buying new accounts on PC is now spoofing competitive players' names by using capital I's in the place of lower case L's in their names.  I'm assuming he is doing this to either increase haccusations or to try and get them wrongfully banned, or both.
  • DonKamillentee
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    JCap334 said:

This is the kind of stats DICE allows:

https://ibb.co/vXkzdTs
    Ok, an accuracy of ~22.7% is not that high. I know guys doing 60-6 stats with Lewis gun. 

It is more easy to filter out the "by day" performance of players. We found (with an own tool someone developed) some players using cheats only on some days. You can see rise of the accuracy with Gewehr 1-5 from 22 to 57% from one day to the other! 

We had Cheating Death years ago in Counter-Strike, which worked really well! I remember these days, when opposing teams said, they can't play a match because 1-2 guys are having inet problems ^^ Too bad, no one took this approach and the guy programming it only did it one year or so.... :(

Today, also every 2nd round in CQ/BT has cheaters in. It is common now and our community is spreading away to other games (Apex, Fortnite, etc.). I'm so sad, because BF5 is really good, not perfect - but good. But it is unplayable since some weeks.

I wrote to Braddock, that our community can help in fighting cheaters, because we have this tool and a lot of video proof. No response is also a response.
  • OskooI_007
    1322 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 18
  • Jinko_itx
    777 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    HcLing37 wrote: »
    If only cheaters could be hardware banned.
    Want to play again? buy a new shiny gpu.

Nah, imagine buying a computer second hand to play your favorite game just to realize that you can’t because the hardware is flagged. Would be Better to tie every account to a person by electronic ID. Ban the person for a year If caught cheating.
    as i said in a earlier post, every person that games, has a phone, EA should have a 2 tier security like WoW has where you confirm with an app. this will prevent stolen accounts and easily buying a new code to reregister a new account.

a hardware ban wont work as there is hardware spoofing ...
This discussion has been closed.