Remove the ability for blue-enemies (aka teammates) to spawn on beacons

2»

Comments

• JamieCurnock
    737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    No, because that's the objective. Also if I pick off enemies from behind, I still contribute to that flag being taken.

So if someone spawns on your beacon to capture an objective, is that ok?

Not sure why your telling me your picking off enemies from behind, I honestly don't care where you attack them from.
  • VeryNotNice
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can't you just leave that squad, then make your own squad and then lock it? This would prevent your direct squad mates from spawning on them.
  • JamieCurnock
    737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It sounds like maybe a team game (which is pretty light on the team aspect anyway) is perhaps not the game for you?

Or maybe like others suggested, go in your own squad, lock it and play by yourself. Leave the team play to everyone else.
  • calleballehh
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't you just leave that squad, then make your own squad and then lock it? This would prevent your direct squad mates from spawning on them.

It sounds like maybe a team game (which is pretty light on the team aspect anyway) is perhaps not the game for you?

Or maybe like others suggested, go in your own squad, lock it and play by yourself. Leave the team play to everyone else.

Well, that would be all great 'n good, but there's still this god forsaken Pathfinder role or whatever it's called, which in turn still attracts hoards of blueberries, which then in turn uses it as their own spawnpoint.
  • JamieCurnock
    (Quote)
    (Quote)
    Well, that would be all great 'n good, but there's still this god forsaken Pathfinder role or whatever it's called, which in turn still attracts hoards of blueberries, which then in turn uses it as their own spawnpoint.

Think your onto a losing battle here. It's a team game, spawning on team mates using that Pathfinder spec is a valuable team tactic and can turn the tides of a game.
  • VOLBANKER
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 18
    jroggs said:
    So why shouldn't this be an alternative, at least? I enjoy playing alone or in pair, and having blueberries spawning on my beacon could very well ruin our approach, or maybe I just want to sneak around enemy lines and gather kills. In former battlefield versions this has been an option, I'm just irritated that in this specific version they've ruined that possibility. I don't understand why everything has to be so objective-orientated? So what if someone wants to do his thing, at least he's enjoying himself. I couldn't care less if it says victory or defeat on my game summary.
    If you don't want to play the objective or work with your team at all, play TDM. Players like you in objective modes ruin the experience for your team, and DICE should absolutely not do anything to accommodate your blatant selfishness at the cost of everyone else.
    Oh, come on :) Objective modes are full of ego players who only do their own thing. Pilots, tankers, MMG guys, zerging “top players” etc.

I play Recon a lot using Spawn Beacon and I totally understand OP as far as getting frustrated that some moron team/squad mate spawn on your beacon and immediately starts shooting and/or running out in the open, drawing attention. It can take quite some time to sneak/run across the map to place a spawn beacon, and then some nobody ruins it completely 2 seconds after spawning on it.

OTOH there is just so much satisfaction if a squad/team mate who actually knows how to play the game spawns on your beacon. You really feel the time you spent on sneaking behind enemy lines paid off. Sometimes it only takes two people and a well-placed spawn beacon to capture a point deep behind enemy lines, and then your team mates can start spawning on that point. That really puts the enemy team under pressure and can flip matches upside down.
  • VOLBANKER
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Btw. when I’ve placed a spawn beacon behind enemy lines, I’ve started telling it to my team on chat.

i.e. on Hamada:

”I’ve placed a spawn beacon in the ruins between D and E, it should be safe to spawn there now but don’t wait too long”

Often that causes someone from your team to spawn there.
  • Alaedrea
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    (Quote)

First off, get over yourself. Placing a spawn beacon isn't "hard work". I don't care how clever or sneaky you think you are being. Second, if you have placed your spawn beacon in an area where teammates can spawn on it and immediately be in view of enemies to shoot at/be shot at by, then your spawn beacon isn't hidden and sneaky anyways. Third, like Jroggs said, go play non objective based modes/games if you have that much apathy for winning and the rest of your team.
  • aquadude79
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OP is the blueberry

• KMAsterisk
    295 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    So why shouldn't this be an alternative, at least? I enjoy playing alone or in pair, and having blueberries spawning on my beacon could very well ruin our approach, or maybe I just want to sneak around enemy lines and gather kills. In former battlefield versions this has been an option, I'm just irritated that in this specific version they've ruined that possibility. I don't understand why everything has to be so objective-orientated? So what if someone wants to do his thing, at least he's enjoying himself. I couldn't care less if it says victory or defeat on my game summary.
    If you don't want to play the objective or work with your team at all, play TDM. Players like you in objective modes ruin the experience for your team, and DICE should absolutely not do anything to accommodate your blatant selfishness at the cost of everyone else.

Or run medic w/the carbines, assault with no glint 3x.
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So remove the point of the pathfinder role?
  • calleballehh
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So a bunch of semi-¯\_(ツ)_/¯ comments is always a treat. However, I still recogn you all, with the exception of a few, are utter lunatics. And since there's no Shutter Island map, yet, for me to place my blueberry beacon at for you to spawn at - I rest my case. Micdrop.
  • JamieCurnock
    So a bunch of semi-¯\_(ツ)_/¯ comments is always a treat. However, I still recogn you all, with the exception of a few, are utter lunatics. And since there's no Shutter Island map, yet, for me to place my blueberry beacon at for you to spawn at - I rest my case. Micdrop.

Cannot believe you actually wrote "micdrop" 😂

Yep, you showed us