[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• 8BitSigdom
    postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

As a European player that moved to Thailand for a while, I cant play BF anymore due to all the cheaters. I wonder if anyone at Dice ever joined a Asian server. If theres only one cheater at a game you are lucky. I played a bit today and I was on a server with 4 cheaters at the same time. Another match there was a cheater on both teams fighting to get the most kills. Some are not even trying to hide that they are using a hack, others are somewhat trying to hide that they are cheating. Some cheaters always know where you are on the map, and is aiming at you before you turn the corner, and will be able to shoot you even though they would never be able to see you. And some just point and shot and head shots all in that direction.

The Asian BF community knows that nothing happens reporting the players. Some cheaters even play with the same nick day after day. Im done playing after 14 days trying to find servers without cheaters.

I know that this wont change. The players i tracked from day one playing on Asian servers, are still active even though they are being reported by the whole server. So I think that BF lost the war on cheaters and hacks.

• DonKamillentee
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe currently are more players cheating than playing it "normal"... So EA/DICE would ban more than half the "community"...

Haha.

Best advertisement a multiplayer game can have: cheater free!
  • DonKamillentee
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Fatar_BD said:
    Please DICE add something like a vote kick or vote ban so players can kick out cheaters. If a player is vote kicked, he shouldn't be allowed to join again for at least 12-24 hours.
    No please don't. Too many good players would get banned by naps.
  • rorypreston
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    110 pages on this thread and no reply from DICE......this is insane. So glad I'm on console - hang in there PC crowd
  • Ghoullees
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    haven't posted here before, but this February 2020, cheating seems to be at an all time high.  Disgruntled players are leaving matches in considerable numbers once a cheater is found, leaving match results very much one sided.  This is no fun for anyone except the warped mentally deficient mind of the sociopath cheater.    

I've reported a couple of people earlier today, but gave up after the 3rd - 7th encounter.   In every case, its people with exceptional aim ( long distance, and through smoke in single shots), and shooting through all terrain.     The through terrain shooting seems particularly bad atm.

EA / Dice you need to up your game on cheaters.   BFV is now suddenly NOT my 'go-to-game'.
  • xHonest_Abe
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 22
    110 pages on this thread and no reply from DICE......this is insane. So glad I'm on console - hang in there PC crowd

I am waiting for the new powerful Xbox series X that should come out near the end of the year for Battlefield. I guess Microsoft has better control of their servers than Dice PC. At less than the price of a high end graphics card, who would want to build an expensive PC with with high frame rates and discover you are a looser playing on a hack server. With my luck, Dice would decide later to connect their PC servers with Xbox. That would truly be the death of Battlefield. :'( Currently, I have notice that some I have reported would have 20 various player names (very similar and not popular that a player would think of) already made up on file. 
  • Dynamyte71
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 22
    So. I liked to say our guy was at it again yesterday, but he was not without company.

Tracking him for 8 days and he has 8 straight day of rage aimbotting. He was not alone as this time he had a partner in crime. Keep in mind he has 3 tickets with video that I know of for sure, plus each of those tickets got a snagged game report daily of his rage aimbotting. Sadly he went 114-8 with 106 headshots with the Lewis and his partner went 116-5 with 111 headshots with the M1919A6.

Based on the number of tickets and EA's support responses I am beginning to think that a bot is generating all the replies lol. Again though I will pull one piece from the email...

"Trust me when our player's are unable to enjoy the game play that we offer that's the last thing that we ever expect here at EA and is completely unacceptable to us. However this does not stops me from sharing with you that all the player's that are manually reported are put under the scanner by the team and on a daily basis we are reporting huge volume of player's and hence the manual investigation and action takes a bit time."

I missed an edit when I highlighted the Server as "Ranked". Do they mean "rank" with cheaters?
  • Hercules728
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So when is BF6 coming out ? Will it have anti cheat .. RSP.. or just this nonsense . 
  • Dynamyte71
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I have owned every iteration of this franchise with the exception of 2142 and Hardline. I think they have missed the mark by such a large margin with BFV when it comes to anti-cheat on the PC I just don't see a way for them to turn it around. I'm thinking they have gotta be okay with that because to date they have done nothing on the latest installment on the PC that says they are willing to take this issue "head on". With the lower than expected sales and shrinking PC market, maybe fixing the issue is just not feasible? That's okay, but they need to rewrite their ToS specifically for this market to say there are going to be cheaters and we are electing to do nothing (consider it a disclaimer). If they are going to mention cross-platform to their shareholders as a way to boost revenue stream via title longevity/microtransactions they need to be transparent enough about the PC situation. As much as I hate to say it, they need to stay away from the PC altogether.

• xOnslaught
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Fixing the cheating issue is very feasible and actually more easy then people would think. For a long time there has being things like web filters, antivirus, etc what does this have to do with cheating well its simple block the cheats from being run in the first place. All you need to do is the following:

1. Have someone in staff who actively downloads cheats. Then someone else in staff makes signatures for those cheats.
    2. Define a baseline and what is considered "normal" for a BFV game. So any edits in files or files that are being run with the game should strike a red flag.
    3. Do random hidden updates to the signatures for major cheats on the market randomly. If anyone has the signature they are banned on spot let alone they cant fight the ban.
    4. Also have server side checks to check what files are being run.

Does the above method clear all cheaters? no it does not. That being said it would make people who make cheats and sell them online a living nightmare. People are going to get mad if there paying X amount of money for cheats to only work for a few days before they are banned. Sure they can rewrite code but wont be long before it gets banned also. If you make it hard for people to get cheats then it may stop a lot of people from using them to begin with. That being said this is just one solution on top of the obvious cheaters going 200+ kills and 0 deaths etc which they would need some AI to track that.

Also another thing is to be transparent about it. No you don't need to show everyone getting banned but you can say system banned X amount of players to least tell people something is being done. Also I know companies are against shaming cheaters but needs to be done. It's simple someone gets banned and found guilty they get it added to their profile. So people can check the persons profile and see hey this guy being banned already 6 times chances of him doing it again is high. Not only that if they cheat in one BF game they are banned off all BF games. Just like a steam VAC ban if you cheat on one game and get banned you cant play other games for X amount of weeks if not months.
  • VOLBANKER
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @xOnslaught

I’ve been doing similar thinking.
    How come we can get anti-virus software that is effective, but not anti-cheat software?
  • DonKamillentee
    Today I play FS Solo and in every round there were teamers. 3 guys playing together. Man, I managed to kill one at least every round, one round I got all... Made a video and reported them. The guy told me, he is hoping he gets a ban, because they started teaming because of cheaters and everything else all going worse in this game.

Probably... I hope they will not get banned. Would be weird if teamers get banned, but cheaters can play since months! (from the beginning)
  • StalkingGoose
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've not seen hacking this bad ever before in a AAA title.  Let alone in the Battlefield franchise.  There is no excuse for someone to get away with repeat 100 / 0  K-D over and over spamming lewis guns.  As mentioned before, auto-detect should see that massive spike and activate.  I know closet hackers are a problem too, but at least I can still enjoy the game sometimes when it's just them.  These rage hackers are completely different story.  They wipe server populations altogether and plague server after server.  It is killing the game for the PC community.
  • AvocadoPablo
    113 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I agree.  It is pure laziness on the part of EA and the problem is more complex than meets the eye.  The problem with hackers is that most of the time they are using compromised accounts.  So there's no real punishment for the hacker besides they have to get another compromised account, usually costing them around $1.50 USD or so.

This leads to another problem: Owner of that compromised account isn't actually a cheater and he tries to log in only to find out action has been taken against the account.  Then they're opening support tickets, wondering why they're banned, etc.  It is a huge mess and it boils down to terrible account security from EA.

Did you know that EA doesn't even permaban hackers?  I can't speak to second and third offenses, but first offense hackers only get a 7 day ban when in reality it should be a permanent ban.  But again, we go back to compromised accounts and EA's reluctance to perma ban because the legit original owner of the account was never hacking.

Steam with their VAC ban and no tolerance for cheating has it right.  

EA takes a different approach.  They believe cheaters are customers too and clearly don't mind fostering this wild wild west environment of rampant hacking.  It is so frustrating and maddening and makes me want to physically backhand the person responsible for making these decisions.

• misisipiRivrRat
    993 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    So when is BF6 coming out ? Will it have anti cheat .. RSP.. or just this nonsense . 

This nonsens would be my guess.
    Count me out then!
  • OskooI_007
    1192 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 23
    If EA has any plans for crossplay, they might as well cancel those plans. Exposing console players to this much rampant cheating will destroy EA's reputation and profits.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So today I noticed a player bypassing the profanity filter. Some week ago, I noticed a player I spectated could block spectate. After many attempts it worked, but then he logged off right away. I followed same player at another server, and same thing happened.
    I'm not an expert, but pretty sure that to do this kind of stuff, the server itself must be manipulated or compromised somehow. What else can be done then? Makes me wonder if the servers are actually safe to log on too. One thing is cheaters, but security... hmm.
  • Nagl
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In the meantime at lest bring back vote to kick/ban or something. its UNPLAYABLE in Oceania right now...