[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• xNnynx
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This mega thread is laughable, what's the point of having thread like this when there is no action taken on cheaters?
  • Krypto_El1te
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield 5 was launched one year before CODMW and I spent more than USD400 on CODMW because its fun and they are strict about cheating.
    I'm not saying that there are no cheaters in COD but they take quick action once reported/detected whereas in battlefield 5 its completely opposite.
    We have been reporting so many cheaters everyday but EA never bans them and now the servers are full of hackers only and legit players simply leaving the game and going for other options.
    Battlefield 5 is no fun with average 5 cheaters on every server and it doesn't feel like to spend  single penny on battlefield 5 in game stuff.
    Now I don't even feel like login into battlefield 5 and rather I check forums if they have done anything against cheaters.
    This thread indeed is a joke as said by many people.
    EA has a long way to go ....
  • NN_Buzz12
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xNnynx wrote: »
    This mega thread is laughable, what's the point of having thread like this when there is no action taken on cheaters?

The sad part is EA hasn’t joined the conversation. EA doesn’t appear to act on suggestions or attempt to fix the problem.

They took my money and ran. I won’t forget that.
  • StalkingGoose
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nagl wrote: »
    In the meantime at lest bring back vote to kick/ban or something. its UNPLAYABLE in Oceania right now...

A lot of folks are unhappy with votekicking systems, but honestly - a few mad over everyone being upset wins it for me - at least as a temporary fix until they deploy a permanent solution.

At this point ANY action from EA would be more positive than the perceived none being done right now.
  • xNnynx
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vote kick will not work, I've played a game where cheater could switch their IGN to someone else's ingame/ hiding their IGN in vote kick option.
  • Dynamyte71
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 23

Yeah, my experience is that they never work. I remember BF4 prior to RSP, the chat filter was completely spammed with vote kicks and never meeting the percentage threshold to actually get a successful kick. Why? Well it's because as long as the cheater is on your team half the sever does not care.

They really need to nibble on this problem in silos or chunks. Rage aimbotters you would think should be able to be easily caught/identified within game without human intervention and accounts banned as a start since out of all the types of cheating they would be the severe kind of "griefer's" emptying servers.

Take for instance this guy here below who has been rage aimbotting a lot. I have game reports every day for this particular individual. With stats like that he's an absolute legend...

Below is another guy rage aimbotting everyday as well who has had 10 days straight of game reports like this one submitted.

This one mega thread is like the "idiot button" in Origin for viewing a profile and reporting a cheater. It feels good at the time, but literally does absolutely nothing. I mean just look at @EA_Tom OP. You can go through the next 10 pages from the OP and there is not a single contribution or acknowledgement by EA that the thread is actually being visited once in awhile.

• Bryjo3
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I literally cannot play this game anymore. It is shocking how poor the anticheat is.
  • TheRealFoe
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 23
    Firestorm needs a list of people in servers, think of the poor no skill cheaters they need a challenge they are not going to get it from legit players no matter how good they think they are they will still collect the loot for bot jockeys. 
    put a list so the legit players can skip servers with well known cheaters and the usual suspects get more value out of the game , playing a somewhat interactive demo must be boring for the poor kids.  
    at the moment as it stands this is what happens wait wait wait wait wait wait .... wait wait wait game found wait wait wait wait lose squad member quit wait wait wait wait wait found game wait wait wait.. land gather loot squad member gets aim bot shot by well known hacker quit ..
    can you see a problem here with firestorm ? because i see many.
    fix the problems and the wait times might be lower, its a great mode but you let the animals take over the zoo , no new players want to bother wit it they find gathering loot for the cheats pointless , boring , a waste of time , at least when the get killed in the standard mode its easy to switch server to get many lives for the cheaters to kill.
  • ChazB1987
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yea, I hear you on that one, I play the game and then quit. They are in group chat, which make it hard for us to do without a group chat.
  • StalkingGoose
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m not saying votekick is a solution. But it would eliminate the rage hackers. . . sadly any those of us on our peak good rounds would be likely targets at first, but a bandaid on a bullet would isn’t meant to be a permanent fix.

Effective anti-cheat is the goal here, but reports are just not fast enough to help or effective.
  • Oxize
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Keep screaming is the only thing we can do, and PM EA/DICE managers, till someone wakes up at DICE
  • TheRealFoe
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm needs a list of people in servers, think of the poor no skill cheaters they need a challenge they are not going to get it from legit players no matter how good they think they are they will still collect the loot for bot jockeys. 
    put a list so the legit players can skip servers with well known cheaters and the usual suspects get more value out of the game , playing a somewhat interactive demo must be boring for the poor kids.  
    at the moment as it stands this is what happens wait wait wait wait wait wait .... wait wait wait game found wait wait wait wait lose squad member quit wait wait wait wait wait found game wait wait wait.. land gather loot squad member gets aim bot shot by well known hacker quit ..
    can you see a problem here with firestorm ? because i see many.
    fix the problems and the wait times might be lower.

• 19Romulus84
    93 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As people from Europe played on servers with low PING, there were few cheaters. Now the most cheaters are from Asia / China because they can be seen by their PING 150 and larger. However, Asians cheat 10 times more often than Europeans.
  • DocCuda418
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I still think the easy fix is private servers. Over time players like me will gladly group up with like minded gamers and pay $50-100 a month to setup the maps we want and have the ability to build a list of hackers to ban. 

If EA does this all the "ranked but not official" servers will most likely share that list. Cheaters banned by us still have the "official" servers to play on. This should be known as the "BF4" system. 

Most use BF4DB. If you go to their website you see banned players can appeal and its dealt with quickly and fairly. You can see all appeals won and those lost and I agree with every single one. They ban linked accounts etc. They are tough. Be cool if EA just hired them to handle anti-cheat but oh well. 

This combined with volunteers from a clan administrating the private servers all but eliminates the problem with little effort from EA. It allows competitive clans and all without blowback from cheaters as they can still ruin your official servers. 

Plus your customers are throwing money at you? Whats the problem with this solution? I really want to know. 

• STOPchris
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 23
    xNnynx said:

To more easily manage cheater threads. They never really did care what anyone had to say on this topic, that is why they locked down the first one. Like you said, if they REALLY cared, they would be at the very least responding in some way. The community has spoken loud and clear that this is an issue. I bet for the next game they will market it as being more secure against cheaters and then do nothing. Same script that Activision uses. They blatantly lie, saying they are doing xyz and then AFTER you buy the game you realize the truth. Activision did it with dedicated servers for years and both companies do it with anti cheat.
  • StalkingGoose
    Oxize wrote: »
    Keep screaming is the only thing we can do, and PM EA/DICE managers, till someone wakes up at DICE

Kicking and screaming, not so much-

-but getting the word out and spreading it to keep others informed and warned us good. Sadly, journalists and streamers with big followings seem to be the only leverage to get their attention as all else seems to fail.

We need this lack of action to become well known, as if us PC players arnt being impacted negatively enough, imagine the not-too-distant future once cross-platforming comes into action. All of those on consoles are going to begin feeling the pains we’ve been anguishing loudly over and over since Battlefield V’s release in November of 2018.

If EA wants to keep making money and secure that revenue they will act, if not - then they will ride the money train from consoles, and continue to neglect the PC player base until our problem impacts everyone they are profiting from and they are truly forced to deal with it or loose massive revenue.

Since consoles are now powerful enough to run what just a few years ago, only a gaming rig could do - I suspect the majority of their profit comes from consoles.

So, until cross platform if comes in or some other factor negatively effects their new bread and butter, they are not likely to do much else.

All of which is an immense disappointment to me, a fan and purchaser of the series since the original 1942 came out almost 20 years ago...
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14038 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Oxize said:
    And subsequently be banned from the forum for harassing EA officials,  That sounds like a great idea... not.

You cannot just harass staff and expect any good to come from it,  under no circumstance will harassment ever EVER have an outcome other than a bad one.

It's just not the way to handle the issue.
This discussion has been closed.