[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xNnynx said:
    This mega thread is laughable, what's the point of having thread like this when there is no action taken on cheaters?

The point is to hide all the individual complaints from community. Then they can sell more to new customers, before they decide not to buy. Not dealing with it, same motive: cheaters are also paying customers, and unfortunately they favor them.
  • NN_Buzz12
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    And subsequently be banned from the forum for harassing EA officials,  That sounds like a great idea... not.

You cannot just harass staff and expect any good to come from it,  under no circumstance will harassment ever EVER have an outcome other than a bad one.

It's just not the way to handle the issue.

Ok - what is the right way to handle the issue?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14031 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    NN_Buzz12 said:
    (Quote)
    And subsequently be banned from the forum for harassing EA officials,  That sounds like a great idea... not.

You cannot just harass staff and expect any good to come from it,  under no circumstance will harassment ever EVER have an outcome other than a bad one.

It's just not the way to handle the issue.

Ok - what is the right way to handle the issue?
    Not harassing staff is a good place to start,  communicate with EA on a semi regular basis,  not daily and not multiple times a day either.

I'm sure you and the other folks here have better methods of keeping up to date on the issue without ending up on a block list 
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14031 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    xNnynx said:
    This mega thread is laughable, what's the point of having thread like this when there is no action taken on cheaters?

The point is to hide all the individual complaints from community. Then they can sell more to new customers, before they decide not to buy. Not dealing with it, same motive: cheaters are also paying customers, and unfortunately they favor them.
    Hide individual complaints... on a thread that is publicly visible?

Explain the logic?  

IF
    EA wanted to... "hide the issue",  then the issue and ALL MENTIONS OF IT would not be publicly visible,  to forum members and non members alike..

• MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Several threads are much easier to spot. Than one. If that makes sense.
  • Vasilij444
    17 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sooo many hackers with ping 150 from Asia, it's not funny anymore :-(
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

We need this lack of action to become well known, as if us PC players arnt being impacted negatively enough, imagine the not-too-distant future once cross-platforming comes into action. All of those on consoles are going to begin feeling the pains we’ve been anguishing loudly over and over since Battlefield V’s release in November of 2018.

You know, out of all of the pages and pages of this thread...This is probably the best point...
  • cheapcamper
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dear Dice:

in australian server, There has been a person called mrmalage that has been hacking for weeks. its killing the already dying australian server, please get him banned

• MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    Dear Dice:

in australian server, There has been a person called ## that has been hacking for weeks. its killing the already dying australian server, please get him banned

You can't post hackusations with player nicks here. Use spectate, record it, upload it somewhere (like youtube) and attach the video link to a report. Should work, if the cheating is obvious.

• Maj_Dixon
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 24
    I don't even know what the point of this thread is, moderators send people here, DICE/EA don't care.  It's literally a lobby for people to whinge until they finally accept that nothing will ever be done about it, it's place for EA to say:  buy some cosmetics and Shut up.  If you have to have a mega thread where you can't name someone, what's the point.  Oceania servers are dying from persistent cheaters who don't even hide it, its so damn brazen.  One guy has been decimating the player base for weeks.  I am wrong ? or does this thread achieve something for the player base?
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dear Dice:

in australian server, There has been a person called ## that has been hacking for weeks. its killing the already dying australian server, please get him banned

You can't post hackusations with player nicks here. Use spectate, record it, upload it somewhere (like youtube) and attach the video link to a report. Should work, if the cheating is obvious.

It doesn't work even when it is obvious.  I reported a player, I put the video on reddit, even dannyonpc linked to it on his twitter feed.  The guy still played, RAGE HACKING, for 3 more weeks.
  • olavafar
    2238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Don't be so upset. I think this is just how DICE made the game 'more accessible to new players'.

Played yesterday and the server I first joined where clearly divided in three groups spread over the two teams:

First group of top 5-7 players (most with latency > 140), level 5-35, k/d ranging from about 10 to 20.

Second group of players were the veterans of level +100 typically in the top 15 in both teams, k/d around 1-3 in average.

Then we had the newer legit players filling up the bottom 15 level  < 100, almost all struggling getting any kills at all. These are probably the most likely buyers of skins but I doubt they will stay on long enough to buy anything at all, except maybe a cheating software at some point.
  • olavafar
    2238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    @xOnslaught

I’ve been doing similar thinking.
    How come we can get anti-virus software that is effective, but not anti-cheat software?
    From a software point of view these are very different due to one vital point: Anti virus software is there to stop malicious software to run, basically by asking the user for authorization whenever some unsigned or otherwise suspicious software wants to run. An antivirus will NOT block a virus from running if you allow it though.

A cheat software is actively started by the user, typically at administrator level, giving it full access to all processes on the computer (of course this is a risky business from the cheaters point of view, but if you are sitting for example on an internet cafe, what do you care...). This makes a big difference.
  • Hercules728
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I still think the easy fix is private servers. Over time players like me will gladly group up with like minded gamers and pay $50-100 a month to setup the maps we want and have the ability to build a list of hackers to ban. 

If EA does this all the "ranked but not official" servers will most likely share that list. Cheaters banned by us still have the "official" servers to play on. This should be known as the "BF4" system. 

Most use BF4DB. If you go to their website you see banned players can appeal and its dealt with quickly and fairly. You can see all appeals won and those lost and I agree with every single one. They ban linked accounts etc. They are tough. Be cool if EA just hired them to handle anti-cheat but oh well. 

This combined with volunteers from a clan administrating the private servers all but eliminates the problem with little effort from EA. It allows competitive clans and all without blowback from cheaters as they can still ruin your official servers. 

Plus your customers are throwing money at you? Whats the problem with this solution? I really want to know. 

With  no anti cheat ..... RSP is the only way . Players need to police this game , EA can't and won't do it . 
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    xNnynx said:

Hide individual complaints... on a thread that is publicly visible?

Explain the logic?  

IF
    EA wanted to... "hide the issue",  then the issue and ALL MENTIONS OF IT would not be publicly visible,  to forum members and non members alike..

Its easier to spot many threads. Than one.
  • Krawaller
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It was better for a while, but now there are Cheater again every day on nearly every Server. Reporting doesn´t make sense, some players have been reported several times by a lot of other gamer and they still play....so what....
  • DonKamillentee
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dear Dice:

If this should work...? It doesn't.

I created tons of video proof, in our community people created tons of proof. There are just CLEAR cheating players since months / a year ingame and nothing has been done.

It is the Trump tactics. Give something (thread where people can complain) and people will reduce their dreams to nothing. See, I would like per today, it would be enough for me, if they stop asian players being routed to europian servers! I can't play a normal match on daylight, because of 50% highpingers and 1-5 cheaters per match.

Again I went to spec mode and made video proof, reported everything. But I KNOW there will be no bans. I would say, out of 30 players I reported - only 1-2 where banned or they just stopped playing (I wasn't able to find them on servers/online any more in BF).

Everyone may know these Patr0n-XXXXX player, the SpacegeekXXXXX - playing since the very beginning and nothing happens. We have some discord servers, all full with 3-10 squads in the evening. They are ALL reporting cheaters with video proof, all are still playing.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Man it sounds bad on pc. Don't know how you guys put up with it. Lots of problems on console but at least we don't need to worry about cheaters. Anyway I'm not even playing bfv anymore , its a mess. Here's a suggestion. Move on. If it really is so bad just move on. Find something else to play and don't buy the next bf until you're sure it has a working anti cheat. 
     I mean just look at this thread here. How many pages but no response by Dice/EA. You guys must be smart enough to figure out what that means.
  • Kengaisan
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The community would really appreciate updates as to what is being done with regards to combating cheaters. We are forever reporting cheaters (There are plenty of YouTube videos of said cheaters and my friend and I are constantly reporting in game cheaters) but there is NO FEEDBACK and we keep seeing these same players in games time and time again! A monthly ban feedback report would be great since no one in the community has any idea if what we are doing is having any effect at all. On that note, the process of  filing a report is really laughable and just seems like a way to make you feel better instead of a concrete "yes we will address this cheater you just reported". In all my years of BF3, BF4, BF1 and now BFV I have only ever heard from other players about 5 possible bans or account suspensions. Also, It would be great if these caught cheaters are limited to certain servers (reserved for cheaters only) or restricted weapon/ammo or have a visual mark on their characters & vehicles once released back into regular servers. PLEASE GIVE THE COMMUNITY FEEDBACK WITH REGARDS TO ANTI CHEAT AND BANS!

• Bryjo3
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Legit this franchise has the worst cheating problem on PC. Like, you use Easy anti cheat for Apex and it's about 1000x more clean than battlefield. Why are we getting shafted here?
This discussion has been closed.