Battlefield 5 was designed to be a Microtransactions War game.

ProAssassin2003
3786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 23
It's clear from all the redicoulous Cosmetics that Microtransactions was the first thing they put on the table for Battlefield 5. It wasn't WW2 Material or anything about the actual War. It was what can we do to sell as many Cosmetics as possible.

There is only so many WW2 cosmetics they could think of being Authentic to sell as they would all start looking the same. So they went this route so they could sell Bloodborne and absurd looking Cosmetics that has no place in WW2. Only with the Pacific it's getting better and only because the Core game is so bad.

This is the reason Live Service AKA Unfinished Game with Microtransactions is bad for gaming. Battlefield 6 is already confirmed to be Live service so it's doomed from the start.

Prove me wrong.

Comments

• talhaONE
    701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 23
    deleted
  • CSO7777
    1614 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is just how gaming works nowadays, all games works this way now. It is not worth wasting any time over this (imho).

In the older titles some people bought maps and guns and now people buy cosmetics instead. Perhaps we get less content, but not all bought the DLCs for the old titles, now all players plays on the same maps and uses the same weapons, which is much better. If there are cosmetic content behind a paywall, fine by me, I dont' care for fancy hats.

Personally I haven't spend any money on BFV after buying the game. I don't think the cosmetics are worth it and furthermore, the game has so many issues, that I don't feel like spending more money on BFV.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wanna play games, not play with dressing dolls. What others want, well, thats their own business.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    989 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's clear from all the redicoulous Cosmetics that Microtransactions was the first thing they put on the table for Battlefield 5. It wasn't WW2 Material or anything about the actual War. It was what can we do to sell as many Cosmetics as possible.

There is only so many WW2 cosmetics they could think of being Authentic to sell as they would all start looking the same. So they went this route so they could sell Bloodborne and absurd looking Cosmetics that has no place in WW2. Only with the Pacific it's getting better and only because the Core game is so bad.

This is the reason Live Service AKA Unfinished Game with Microtransactions is bad for gaming. Battlefield 6 is already confirmed to be Live service so it's doomed from the start.

Prove me wrong.

As I’ve always said, choosing a historical, real war for a live service cosmetics never made sense. Like... at all.

How did it happen? I get going either historical, or fictional + cosmetics, but both? This was the most obvious problem from the get-go, so HOW DID IT HAPPEN?

Seriously id pay for a documentary with video of those conversations where they explain to each other how WW2 + Cosmetics makes any logical, rational sense. Its truly mysterious to me.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11552 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I still only want the prosthetic.

Prove me wrong.
  • Titan_Awaken
    937 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE said:

Prove me wrong.
    Go play Sekiro if you like prosthetic arms. Prosthetics galore, all you want.
  • Hawxxeye
    6872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Meanwhile the actually good cosmetic AKA the chromed skins exist only for the base guns.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The live service model was explicitly stated even before the game even released. There is no mystery to solve here.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 24
    From the start its been obvious that BFV has been a muddle of ideas.  A non WW2 (feeling), WW2 game, and trying to be a halfway house between full on hardcore and the little too much hand holding the game had become, muddled even more by rowing back after the beta.
    A perfect answer would have been some post War Operation Unthinkable type scenario instead of the basically made up, mess we have now of the wrong factions in the wrong battles, and with a few off the hand holding of previous titles toned back a little.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11552 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Go play Sekiro if you like prosthetic arms. Prosthetics galore, all you want.

I mean, I played it for a few minutes.

The authentic wwII prosthetic is all I need.

I would even take the authentic peg leg. It would force me to camp with scout or a trusty mmg.
  • Trokey66
    8798 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

Prove me wrong.

I can't.......