Can Bazooka damage a plane?

SystemicProgress
106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
If anyone damaged a plane with bazooka, please confirm. I can confirm direct hits, but no hit detection.

Comments

• GrizzGolf
    1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It should do some damage. Cant confirm it since I haven't unlocked it 
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would be strange if no, since Panzerfaust and PIAT can one hit planes.
  • ZerTESH
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It can. It doesn't one-shot kill tho, only deals ~85 damage
  • xKusagamix
    1191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If anyone damaged a plane with bazooka, please confirm. I can confirm direct hits, but no hit detection.
    It should, but because the hit detection is totally garbage for months so it's not that hard to find that your perfectl aim shot doesn't hit. Same with Tank shell.
  • TAKEOMASAK1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • KMAsterisk
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hit a bomber on Marita, 65 damage.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hit a Zero from 2m. Don't know how much damage but it didn't kill.
  • Killerplautze5XL
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yesterday I managed to hit an attack plane with the bazooka, unfortunately it does not seem to be a one-hit. I only dealt like 85 damage to it, that was quite disappointing...
  • jroggs
    1226 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is anyone really surprised by this?
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I tried a couple of times on a Pacific map to hit a Corsair with a Bazooka, but it is much harder than with a Panzerfaust (or FF)

The speed of the Bazooka is very slow and it has a lot of drop, like the Piat.

It might be easier to hit a slower plane like a bomber, but if I want to hit/take down a plane I will switch to the Panzerfaust or FF.
  • DavTan
    857 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After some testing it seems the hit box of planes Vs bazooka is odd .. it seems to be smaller than the plane itself. I've had numerous what should have been hits looking like they go straight thru.
    I also tested against planes on take off ( for the sake of science) from front and rear ... both did 90 dmg but they seemed to pass thru both front and rear before impact inside the body.
    I've also had a shot go straight thru the wing so maybe they invisible to bazooka.

I've gone back to the fligal
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    Is anyone really surprised by this?
    Considering how hard it is to hit a plane with it, yes I am. Doesn't anti tank grenade kill a plane in 1 shot? How does that make sense then.
  • jroggs
    1226 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DavTan wrote: »
    After some testing it seems the hit box of planes Vs bazooka is odd .. it seems to be smaller than the plane itself. I've had numerous what should have been hits looking like they go straight thru.
    I also tested against planes on take off ( for the sake of science) from front and rear ... both did 90 dmg but they seemed to pass thru both front and rear before impact inside the body.
    I've also had a shot go straight thru the wing so maybe they invisible to bazooka.

Could also be "dusting," where the weapon obviously impacts but fails to do damage. There are a few weapons that suffer from this, most prominently the lunge mine and the aircraft 6-pounder cannon.
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:

Could also be "dusting," where the weapon obviously impacts but fails to do damage. There are a few weapons that suffer from this, most prominently the lunge mine and the aircraft 6-pounder cannon.

Add it to the list....
  • NuttysKunKs
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    I tried a couple of times on a Pacific map to hit a Corsair with a Bazooka, but it is much harder than with a Panzerfaust (or FF)

It might be easier to hit a slower plane like a bomber, but if I want to hit/take down a plane I will switch to the Panzerfaust or FF.

Are you serious?!?!

The piat shell falls of the barrel and sometimes you can outrun one.

The bazooka has basically no drop...
  • DavTan
    857 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 26
    jroggs wrote: »

No it's not dusting, I know that feeling from shooting helies n jets in BF4 ... You usually get impact smoke but no damage with dusting (hence the name)
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

Are you serious?!?!

The piat shell falls of the barrel and sometimes you can outrun one.

The bazooka has basically no drop...

Compared to the panzerfaust and FF it has a lot of drop at (mid) range and very low speed.
    Those are far better at hitting a plane.

Shooting at a plane with a bazooka is a waste of ammo.
  • VeryNotNice
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 26
    I hit two planes in a row and both were 88 DMG, so 88 seems like the max DMG it'll do to planes
  • DavTan
    I hit two planes in a row and both were 88 DMG, so 88 seems like the max DMG it'll do to planes

I stated earlier I've had 90 dmg straight thru the cockpit and 90 from a rear shot both along the line of the body. Neither impacted until they had gone thru the body into the middle. Both planes were still on the runway
  • VeryNotNice
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I stated earlier I've had 90 dmg straight thru the cockpit and 90 from a rear shot both along the line of the body. Neither impacted until they had gone thru the body into the middle. Both planes were still on the runway

Okay so relatively close. Either way it doesn't one hit kill them