[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• I9sixty2
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One game of SQ with 2 cheaters....played for 5 minutes and  i'm off  again. Its a total disgrace.
  • Felycity
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    since cheater ruined this game, i think most of people hesitate to buy next BF.
    in such net society, everyone can know about it easily.
    i don't understand why EA doesn't care about this.
    or, does EA just gave up anti cheat?

in Japan server, both team have 3 - 5 cheaters.
    every server has cheater.
    there is no server without cheater.
    and they are using plane or tank.
    how we can fight with it?
    i really don't know what is this game for.
    we normal player is just feed for cheater.
    only cheater have fun, and normal people just feel boring.

• RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You say...….and they are using plane or tank.

Chances are they are most likely not cheaters, very high scores are common in planes / tanks.
  • DonKamillentee
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 said:

Chances are they are most likely not cheaters, very high scores are common in planes / tanks.
    As everyone was going for tanks in Firestorm more than half a year ago - as soon as you see a well known cheater in the kill log - cheaters learned and are getting tanks as well. Don't ask how good their aim is - they kill you while being miles away, hiding behind cover etc.

Yesterday we had a "beginner" in FS cheating... firing/killing half his 18 kills/victims in hosues - from the outside. He took my medium armor with 2-3 direct hits thru 2 walls, and half the health. High distance kills thru 400 meters of forest and bushes... I had one cheater once reported, who used LAV on pacific storm, killing everyone with mounted lmg - whereever they were hiding. Don't tell us how to take out tanks and planes. There are also pilots with macros that prevent overheating of the guns by quickly changing 1st and 2nd cannon all the time while firing... We had no chance taking him down! I do not know how he always was able to reset his vehicle health to 100, we hunted him with 2-3 planes... Seems like he pressed a button and had quick repair by 100. Like the speedhack cheaters being able to get full health back in Firestorm we had in 1-2 seconds. Don't tell us ever how take an enemy down ;) We all know.

My playlist of cheaters is full and there is much more proof out there. A lot of guys already left the game. Only Origin Basic/Advanced users trolling in "trying" BF with some what... The game is done.... And I am really worried about it, because I supported this game since BF1942! It was never any more worse. In the good old days communities were able to handle the problem on their own (gameservers), a big community behind - sharing proof and lists... It's all over now, because EPS matters, not the customers.
  • DocCuda418
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The community fixed BF4 and to a lesser extent BF1. BFVs biggest flaw is arrogant developers that decided to exclude the community completely and hand off the big decisions to people who never played the game. 

If they would do BF4 private servers, BF4 community test servers and have the BF4 attitude toward fixing a game with great promise they would most likely get a BF4 like recovery. 

I feel like Micky in Rocky II. "Come on EA, fight this problem like you did with BF4!! That was beautiful!". 

The private server thing seems a no brainer for EA. Let the community solve the problem of cheaters. We are willing and waiting to do so. 
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 25
    RayD_O1 said:

You don't even know what you're talking about, at all.

But then, your game history is set to private...
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So, @RayD_O1 What type of vehicle was this?
    https://streamable.com/p29ko

What type of vehicle was this?
    https://streamable.com/abxyi

Back in BF1, what type of vehicle was this?  He's still playing.
    https://streamable.com/70iqb
  • kamisama187
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bryjo3 said:
    Legit this franchise has the worst cheating problem on PC. Like, you use Easy anti cheat for Apex and it's about 1000x more clean than battlefield. Why are we getting shafted here?
    Corporate greed.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    There's a video of this guy rage hacking, that was posted on November 20, 2019.

This was recorded today.  No names.

https://streamable.com/bpckl
  • JCap334
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Currently playing on a TDM East Coast server with a blatant aimbotter for 3 rounds now so far. This is just the norm now, I'm not even surprised anymore.
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So, two possibilities come to mind.
    1.     New AC software at some stage before BF6 is launched. EA have patented a new AC system:
              A quick scan of EA patents (source: https://companyprofiles.justia.com/company/electronic-arts) reveal the following:
              Secure anti-cheat system
              Granted Oct 1, 2019
              "An anti-cheat system may be accessed over a network and stored directly into volatile memory of a user computing system. In some embodiments, this anti-cheat system may scan, or access portions of, the volatile memory of the user computing system to detect whether cheat software or other unauthorized software that may interact with a game application is detected on the user computing system. The accessed portions of the volatile memory may be compared with one or more signatures that are associated with the execution of cheat software on a computing system. The anti-cheat system may be prevented from being stored within non-volatile memory, thereby preventing malicious users from modifying the anti-cheat system."

2.       Nothing changes for BF5.
               So my question is: has anyone seen any official EA announcement on BF6 being available on PC? I can find lots of references to next gen Consoles, and speculation that it will be available on all platforms, but nothing specific from EA.

Just curious...

• LOLGotYerTags
    14219 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

2.       Nothing changes for BF5.
               So my question is: has anyone seen any official EA announcement on BF6 being available on PC? I can find lots of references to next gen Consoles, and speculation that it will be available on all platforms, but nothing specific from EA.

Just curious...

You wont hear ANYTHING about the next BF title until waaaay closer to launch.

Probably around EA play or Gamescom,  likely around 2021.

• Kompura
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Three games today in European servers. At least one blatant asian cheater in every one. Why can't we have an aerial lock at least?
  • AngryJohn91
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

This morning I start the game, play 2 games, 1 cheater in my team in the first game, another one in the enemy team during the second game…

I contacted EA support to find out more about Battlefield V cheat issues, but support only responds according to the ready answers they certainly received. So I still don't know if there is an anti-cheat system on BFV, and if a vote-kick system or admin players will be implemented to overcome cheating problems. The assistance only advised me to make a report on each cheater from the dedicated web page, in addition to doing it in game. However, this “solution” is a passive method which does not prevent cheaters from spoiling a game and the playing experience of other players. It is inconceivable in 2020 to have a multiplayer FPS which does not at least have a vote-kick system.

So we should have at least a vote-kick system that will be common to both teams (cause we don’t want the enemy team to profit from those rats).
    Moreover, it could be a great solution to give “admin rights” to a selection of players, so that they could instant kick cheaters. I’m sure that they are some serious players that will be ok to play the police during their games and it will be certainly be simpler to check if those players doesn’t abuse of their rights instead of hunting down each cheater.
    Moreover, you could manage this “cheater hunter” system by rewarding their work with new skins etc, and take them back if they abuse of their rights.
    It will be way easier for players to report a few corrupt administrator, than a massive amount of cheaters.

• SourceError
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So I was joining on a friend today in a squad conquest game and it turns out he was spectating a guy we both know to be a cheater.  My friend had recorded videos of the cheater rage hacking, hip-firing an MG42 all over the map getting headshots on folks he couldn't see hundreds of  yards away through brush etc.  This guy has been reported many times with links to videos last year and he's still playing.

Anyway, since my friend was spectating, I was placed in the cheater's squad when I joined just in time to hear him tell his squadmate that he was going to leave the server because there were too many hackers on the opposing team.  You know there's a serious problem when the cheaters are complaining about there being too many cheaters. 

I'm not a great player, but having over 500 hours in the game, you can tell when you're being killed by a good player and you can tell when you're being hit by an obvious aimbot with every bullet connecting from a guy across the map.  There hasn't been a day in the last few months where I've been able to play without running into an obvious hacker that's emptied the server.  It used to be there were fewer run-ins with cheaters in squad conquest because it was easier to spot them, but even that's changed, probably because the big games are overcrowded with cheaters vs cheaters.
  • SourceError
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Second game in today and already ran into a cheater who killed me from across the map on Twisted Steel in deathmatch.  As I mentioned in a previous post, you get to know when you're being killed by a good player vs an aimbot.  I switched over to spectate him and recorded his 22-0 killstreak where he was shooting his sturmgeweher 1-5 through trees and bushes killing unseen enemies hundreds of yards away with headshot after headshot.  The server emptied and that was the end of that.  I doubt Fair Fight will pick this up as his profile shows a level 4 player with a 1.52 K/D, but the video tells a different story.  I'd post it here but it has his name.  I reported him and sent a streamable link via the origin reporting tool otherwise known as /dev/null.  The cheating problem is not being overestimated.  Everyday I'm running into the over the top obvious cheaters, I can only imagine how many more are just subtly cheating, keeping a low profile so as not to be exposed.  I think those cheats are worse than the blatant offenders.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    So, I was looking to see if a few hackers were banned, checked some current battle reports...And what do I find, more and more hackers.  Seriously, the hacking is growing and growing.

https://imgur.com/YuY3jay

https://imgur.com/FfK1B8K

https://imgur.com/YgDluvn

https://imgur.com/EAsUVKx
This discussion has been closed.