Netcode is terrible

SithMetal71
175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited February 26
Dice fix the terrible netcode, nothing but lag since your backend maintenance, or whatever it was. I was killed by another player from across the map, this map was Rotterdam so either the kill cam is incorrect or your game is full on broken.

Why don't you take this seriously and fix the game !

just been warned for my post, Dice really are in denial and hate criticism from veteran players. What planet are they on, no wonder players are fed up with EA and Dice.
Post edited by SithMetal71 on

Comments

• 5bulletsSLR
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    its been like this for ages, DICE simply don't have a clue about their game
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No, no. That can't be. Falling over dead behind cover in one frame after hearing a Sten fire like an MG42 is exactly how the game was meant to be played.
  • SithMetal71
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    just been warned for my post, Dice really are in denial and hate criticism from veteran players.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    938 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Been fine for me for a while but has been total rubbish tonight.
  • L3wY_9507
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have problems with the netcode for almost a year.
    I got used to that I'm getting killed while I'm behind cover...
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    938 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The OOR/higher ping players really doesn't help. If I get a BS happening the other players ping is usually in the 70 or 80s, I guess they aren't actually OOR just poorly placed. I'm not saying its an advantage, just that number is the issue for funny things.
  • TFBisquit
    2212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's funny op, I was thinking exactly the same yesterday and today about that backend maintenance. Made things worse for me.
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The OOR/higher ping players really doesn't help. If I get a BS happening the other players ping is usually in the 70 or 80s, I guess they aren't actually OOR just poorly placed. I'm not saying its an advantage, just that number is the issue for funny things.

Yep it’s down to high ping players still able to deal damage because they still see you on their screen!
    Most reasonable games limit the damage you can deal based on shooting and receiving players ping discrepancy but thats not the case here due to bad server coverage.
  • UltraMG42CamPeR
    345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Recently I unloaded my MG42 to the enemy nearby and didnt even see the hitreg and the enemy killed me back quickly. Happened a couple of times consecutively.
  • G-Gnu
    1526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sadly this is nothing new for this franchise, but it is amazing how they manage to make it worse every time though. 
    Miss the time when you could download a dedicated server for a AAA game and set it up on a dedicated computer/server that had the power to run it properly.
    Guess they think they make more $$ this way.
  • IPSEEEEEN
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is not a game, its a premium beta, what did you expect??

Worst BF ever.

Wont buy next BF...
  • Loqtrall
    12417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "Dear Diary,

It's day 6,426 and they still don't realize they've complained about netcode and getting shot around corners in every single multiplayer fps game in the past 2 decades. One would almost think it comes with the territory"

- Every multiplayer FPS dev in the history of gaming, 2020
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall said:
    "Dear Diary,

It's day 6,426 and they still don't realize they've complained about netcode and getting shot around corners in every single multiplayer fps game in the past 2 decades. One would almost think it comes with the territory"

while it is true that a lot of FPS game have this phenomenon which is absolutely to be expected in multiplayer games BFV has it to a degree that is no longer acceptable. the more players are on a server with high latency the worse it seems to get. its also not just the hit-registration, i've had smoke grenades not trigger in the game, rubber-banding that made hitting with accuracy based weapons a nightmare FF dusting on planes left right and center, grenades that appear on my screen that aren't there grenades that are not appearing in my HUD that kill me out of nowhere. i get many complaints about BFV are rather minuscule or have no grounding in reality either but this game performs not like it should and it has been in that state for far too long now. 
  • Loqtrall
    12417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    while it is true that a lot of FPS game have this phenomenon which is absolutely to be expected in multiplayer games BFV has it to a degree that is no longer acceptable. the more players are on a server with high latency the worse it seems to get. its also not just the hit-registration, i've had smoke grenades not trigger in the game, rubber-banding that made hitting with accuracy based weapons a nightmare FF dusting on planes left right and center, grenades that appear on my screen that aren't there grenades that are not appearing in my HUD that kill me out of nowhere. i get many complaints about BFV are rather minuscule or have no grounding in reality either but this game performs not like it should and it has been in that state for far too long now. 

I don't disagree the netcode has issues nor did I give the current state of the netcode any praise.

I was merely putting emphasis on the phenomenon. You search for the name of any game + "killed around corners" and the results are countless. To this day highly praised BF games of the past still have issues with netcode and OOR players, rockets dusting, etc.

It sucks that it happens, but I can't honestly think of one multiplayer shooter I've played where it didn't happen regularly.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 27
    Loqtrall said:
    (Quote)

I don't disagree the netcode has issues nor did I give the current state of the netcode any praise.

I was merely putting emphasis on the phenomenon. You search for the name of any game + "killed around corners" and the results are countless. To this day highly praised BF games of the past still have issues with netcode and OOR players, rockets dusting, etc.

It sucks that it happens, but I can't honestly think of one multiplayer shooter I've played where it didn't happen regularly.

well if you play 5v5 games like R6S yoou will find the experience a lot snappier. mainly because the game does not allow for a whole lot of out of region play in general if latency is kept to a minimum you will find performance in that regard to be a whole lot better. but EA decided to close out so many server regions its almost laughable. we had what 4 different serevr regions in europe alone? germany UK, spainish at the very least if i recall correctly.
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    (Quote)

Played many fps games and the dying behind cover issue isn’t one I have really come across apart from the battlefield series.
    My main games at the moment is modern warfare and insurgency and I can honestly say it’s not happened to me once and if it has it’s been barely noticeable.
    Then we have the battlefield series and you can be literally miles past the apex of the corner and your toast by magic bullets.
  • NLBartmaN
    4476 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall said:
    "Dear Diary,

In the early days of gaming this problem did barely exist: you could run/rent your own servers and just ping limit the server, problem solved ...
  • TFBisquit
    2212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There will always be some difference, some lag. But I do know that if you play on a rented server and have a good connection to it, you have far less of these issues and a much smoother experience.
    I do believe people with cheats active also cause weird behaviour from the servers.
  • dcs500
    1511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love it when I'm shot through the Earth.
  • SithMetal71
    had more dodgy killcam footage last night, becoming very strange. It was  wtf moment where did that come from only to show kill cam from a ridiculous point that cant possibly kill you.