No TTK Penalty for New Players

Redline10211
postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Prove me wrong. I consistently see low level players throw down 38-10, 60-5 , 33-19 scores and they are at the top of the leaderboard.  These are level 20 and below.  I can go toe to toe with high level players, but usually get destroyed by low levels.  Did dice code this to help new players compete?  Does anyone else always see new players in the top 5.  Maybe I am just terrible, but ever since 5.2 I've noticed this.

Comments

• Lancelot_du_Lac
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    players starting over with new accounts?
  • Noodlesocks
    3655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not a particularly difficult game.
  • jroggs
    1226 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wish I could prove you wrong, but I can't. Anyone who can get a 33-19 KD is clearly either hacking or benefiting from secret low level weapon buffs.
  • VOLBANKER
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have also noticed this recently: Below level 20 players in top 5 on their team.
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Could be also smurf accounts. I saw this already in BF3.
  • stevebone123
    12 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To op, i noticed this when 5.2 dropped and imo your totally correct,from rank 0-100 the game feels totally different,i started a second account to prove my theory and i was surprised how easy the game was until i hit rank 100 again now that acc plays the same as my main. I think most others have realised now this is why theres so many smurfs

• raji1980
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What about those low levels going 2 for 30? Must have skipped them
  • NuttysKunKs
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve noticed it too.

Perhaps they are bots?
  • mesterKG
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IMHO, this is just crazy talk.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To op, i noticed this when 5.2 dropped and imo your totally correct,from rank 0-100 the game feels totally different,i started a second account to prove my theory and i was surprised how easy the game was until i hit rank 100 again now that acc plays the same as my main. I think most others have realised now this is why theres so many smurfs

Feels before reals.
    I have a Smurf below 100 and the game is the same on both.

Jeez I feel like I'm back in the diablo2 community "press the jewel 10x for better loot" :smiley:
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would guess many low level accounts that do extremely well are from people previously banned. Then some start over again for better kdr etc. Maybe helping a nephew with some unlocks. Sold their account and decided to rebuy it.
    The game isn't easy for seasoned players, let alone for new ones. Ofcourse there will always be the exception.
  • KMAsterisk
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pretty sure new players are granted a stealth helicopter via a killstreak. Its been following me around too...
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Feels before reals.
    I have a Smurf below 100 and the game is the same on both.

Jeez I feel like I'm back in the diablo2 community "press the jewel 10x for better loot" :smiley:

I played bf1 on my wife’s profile for a day. Hilarity ensued.
  • CT1924
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's sad that it is entirely possible for a AAA to do this... I don't think they did, but...
  • losthunter340
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Prove me wrong. I consistently see low level players throw down 38-10, 60-5 , 33-19 scores and they are at the top of the leaderboard.  These are level 20 and below.  I can go toe to toe with high level players, but usually get destroyed by low levels.  Did dice code this to help new players compete?  Does anyone else always see new players in the top 5.  Maybe I am just terrible, but ever since 5.2 I've noticed this.

The rank dosent mean what skill lvl you are, when I started to play this game and could top the leaderboard easly with my friend and most of the games we could get "best squad" also, if you are skilled att fps games this game is not as hard that you might belive :P

To sum it up, a lvl 5 can be 10x better then someone who are lvl 300
  • Pro_b0
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    It's sad that it is entirely possible for a AAA to do this... I don't think they did, but...
    This. With all the stuff they add without telling anyone about it, I would not be suprised if shady mechanics like that would be in the game. It is a sorry state of affairs, where DICE have lost so much credibility and trust with all their lies, that something like this is in the realm of possibility. 

That being said, I don't think that something like that is in the game. Maybe it's an effect where most good veteran players have left the game and some of the newcomers will just rise to the top?
  • Trokey66
    9160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Perhaps they are using a XIM.......
  • DaMutha1
    1472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They haven't been around long enough to be blinded by their steady stream of salty tears.