[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• V1Rockett
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 27
    What are dices plans to reduce cheaters playing this game? 1 in every 3 games i play seems to have a cheater in now. Stricter anti cheat would be welcome because the current stuff isnt cutting it anymore. Cheaters just leave games so they dont get a battle report log which makes them undetectable and the report function on origin doesnt seem to do anything, if it does then the response time of the support team members is to slow.
  • Dynamyte71
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Red_Label_Scotch

“You’re spectating, but you’re not seeing 1:1”...that’s my fave rebuttal . As they make a kill then travel two lengths of mini map with their fov fixated on someone not spotted navigating two blind spots all the while with their crosshairs where target is when they break cover....
    Once. Maybe. Half a dozen times over a five minute span though...
    I just want @Rogue-N9 to narrate all the videos. Feel like starting up a “Go fund me....” for that lol.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    V1Rockett said:
    What are dices plans to reduce cheaters playing this game? 1 in every 3 games i play seems to have a cheater in now. Stricter anti cheat would be welcome because the current stuff isnt cutting it anymore. Cheaters just leave games so they dont get a battle report log which makes them undetectable and the report function on origin doesnt seem to do anything, if it does then the response time of the support team members is to slow.
    Cheaters still show up in the battlefieldtracker.com log, I'm not sure where you're getting that they don't show up.
  • S1n31ra
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Fix the hacking FFS. At least do SOMETHING.
  • S1n31ra
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Playing APEX instead until you fix the hacking insanity.
  • StalkingGoose
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Red_Label_Scotch

You bring up fantastically valid points that are direct and completely understandable.  Ignore those who defend cheating, the majority is in complete and utter agreement with you.  The remaining are either ill-informed or as you said they are just gaslighting.

• StalkingGoose
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 28
    I've recently had a brief, but polite dialog with @EA_Tom.

As it has helped answer my question and direct me to turn my efforts and energy elsewhere, I feel it would be wise to share with others of similar mindsets within the community.

As I'm sure some of you may have noticed, some of my posts have been periodically removed through these past 100+ pages on this thread, the more recent ones were due to making pointed demands on this board and for the violation one of the rules (which there are many).  

Although most of us in the Battlefield community feel that demands to EA for their lack of effective Anti-Cheat are entirely warranted, EA has made it clear to me that when it comes to the official forums, this is not the place to do it....

"...not the thread to demand answers from EA...".

Why do I share this censored screenshot of EA_Tom's dialog with you?  Because many of you are as passionate about the game as EA_Tom and I are.  If you get satisfaction from spending hours bundling up detailed documentation and stalking possible cheaters for report submissions, then more power to you.

I personally don't have a lot of a free time, and felt that I could spend it better by echoing and shouting my voice in the chorus along the community of the Official Forums.  Maybe if we all kept at it something would change?

No.

EA Games has provided a method by which a player can report a suspected cheater, and by no other means does it appear that they are going to stem the tide of cheating on Battlefield V (PC).

So what can you do to fix it?

The ONLY option you have is to report.  There will be no other options, and with the release of the game being November of 2018, they are clearly more driven and focused on the next title in the series coming 2021.

So, learn from my hours and hours of wasted time, and from EA_Tom's polite, but pointed dialog with me below.

Stop Asking.

The reports are here to stay and they are the ONLY resource available to use to combat cheating (as slow and often ineffective as we all agree it is).

Being short of free time, I am likely to just turn my efforts elsewhere, but I believe this is it for me on this issue from here forward.  

@Red_Label_Scotch
    @Dynamyte71

Save your breath and time, posting on here for help is solving nothing and you guys both deserve to be "Judge Dread" style official admins on the official servers if it were up to me, but sadly it's not.

----------------
    SUMMARY
    ----------------

Battlefield V (PC) is not likely to get any other anti-cheat updates or deployments.  Cross your fingers that the next title is better, or do like many others have that have been burned by this whole process and don't buy at release.

Watch the reviews and the game's development to see if they drop the ball like they did the anti-cheat mechanics for the previous - that way you can save yourself a buck and hours of excruciating heartache..

Good luck out there guys.

CM EDIT: picture removed as it contained discussion about moderation.
    Post edited by EA_Tom on
  • Private_Tom_7
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 28
    Its uninteresting because there are too many chinese hackers.
    we want you to block vpn.
  • OVTM_Campbell
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just gave up on this game and switched to COD MW. I only plays at Thursday when the weekly challenge starts and play for about 4 hours just enough to get chapter award and done for the rest of week cycle. I finally realized that the game is neglected as the state of it now. Good luck for next title DICE.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Here's a reminder to you all, especially those of you who followed and didn't speak up, this is the type of obfuscation that happens.  This is from the old BFV hacker thread:

1.  I made the claim, "One percent of the playerbase cheating means one cheater roughly every other match."

Do I really have to explain that a match is 64 players, so 2 matches is 128 players, and 1/128 is "roughly 1 percent."  Do I have to explain it?  Well, follow along, because, YES I DO HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT.

2.  Someone else said, "still waiting on @Red_Label_Scotch to explain math to me. How 1Pct equals 1 cheater every other game as laid out by my example shows that that would equal more than 1 percent if that was the actual case. Seeing how not all cheaters would be on concurrently."

3.  He followed up with, "For it to be every other game, it would have to be in the 30s or 40s I'm guestimating.  A quarter or more would have to be cheating. So if let's say you have 30,000 online, but 12,000 we're cheaters, that's more likely that every other game you'll encounter a cheater. You won't encounter a cheater every other game with 30,000/300. Statistics say that's not very likely."

Nobody spoke up against this rampant and pathetic stupidity, except me.  Not a one of you.

Nobody even mentioned how this is "probability" and not, "statistics," and anyone with a basic understanding of statistics would understand that this is not a, "statistics," discussion.  But that's the level of obfuscation that has been handed out, by "players," on a daily basis.

Oh, and this was a player who, in bf3, had a 0.9 kdr, in bf4 had a 0.3 kdr, and in BFV wound up with a 3.4 kdr...

What changed?  ANY IDEAS?  ANYONE?  BUELLER?  BUELLER?  BUELLER?

On the last part. My kdr was awful on 3 due to having a trash pc along with bf4. "In comparison"
    Even the best players start out from the toilet. Lets not mention how much play time someone had.
    It's a bit of a stretch.
    That's *all* he has to say on this...Nothing at all about the ridiculous lack of capacity for mathematics.  Just a defense of the person gaslighting.

More condoning of the gaslighting, folks.

I rest my case.
    Tyrone is not defending the particular individual, nor do I have any desire to tackle the matter. However, Tyrone's point is completely valid, you can't draw solid conclusions based on an incomplete presentation of facts.

For the first four thousand deaths I went negative in BF1, as it was my first multiplayer FPS, playing on an old computer. Got to 2KD by 80k kills, 3KD by 220k kills. Now I'm fairly consistently pulling sessions between 5-10 KD and 3-4 KPM. I have the odd session at over 4.5 KPM, which is insanely high. All thanks to various improvements and poor opponents.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but frankly I'm willing to say that your perspective is rather limited due to your own personal abilities and lack thereof.

• losthunter340
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That video dosent show at all that he is cheating lol :P False claims is probally worse then ppl that cheats sometimes, I get reported eachday by ppl becuse "I cheat" just becuse I usually got good stats, last game I had 30-2 on Team Deathmatch, but calling that player a cheater on the video is pathetic!

Let's look at that game.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/gamereport/origin/1232765851472882880?handle=losthunter340

https://imgur.com/Gxp34YX

28 kills, 2 deaths.  I also see that you were revived 3 times.   You had 2.00 kills per minute, gave out 80 heals, and gave 3 revives.

Trust me, you're not good enough to be called a hacker.  It's a nice try for attention, though.  Not everything is about you.

>>>Not everything is about you.<<<

I dident say I was good, I just said ppl in the game said I was cheating and that they was gonna report me and that happens alot for me, ppl are stupid and goes for stats only most of the time, and you dosent seem to have gamesunderstanding but hey ;)

The faster you can admit that players are acually better then you the faster you stop beeing so naive man :)

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 28
    Here's a reminder to you all, especially those of you who followed and didn't speak up, this is the type of obfuscation that happens.  This is from the old BFV hacker thread:

1.  I made the claim, "One percent of the playerbase cheating means one cheater roughly every other match."

Do I really have to explain that a match is 64 players, so 2 matches is 128 players, and 1/128 is "roughly 1 percent."  Do I have to explain it?  Well, follow along, because, YES I DO HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT.

2.  Someone else said, "still waiting on @Red_Label_Scotch to explain math to me. How 1Pct equals 1 cheater every other game as laid out by my example shows that that would equal more than 1 percent if that was the actual case. Seeing how not all cheaters would be on concurrently."

3.  He followed up with, "For it to be every other game, it would have to be in the 30s or 40s I'm guestimating.  A quarter or more would have to be cheating. So if let's say you have 30,000 online, but 12,000 we're cheaters, that's more likely that every other game you'll encounter a cheater. You won't encounter a cheater every other game with 30,000/300. Statistics say that's not very likely."

Nobody spoke up against this rampant and pathetic stupidity, except me.  Not a one of you.

Nobody even mentioned how this is "probability" and not, "statistics," and anyone with a basic understanding of statistics would understand that this is not a, "statistics," discussion.  But that's the level of obfuscation that has been handed out, by "players," on a daily basis.

Oh, and this was a player who, in bf3, had a 0.9 kdr, in bf4 had a 0.3 kdr, and in BFV wound up with a 3.4 kdr...

What changed?  ANY IDEAS?  ANYONE?  BUELLER?  BUELLER?  BUELLER?

On the last part. My kdr was awful on 3 due to having a trash pc along with bf4. "In comparison"
    Even the best players start out from the toilet. Lets not mention how much play time someone had.
    It's a bit of a stretch.
    That's *all* he has to say on this...Nothing at all about the ridiculous lack of capacity for mathematics.  Just a defense of the person gaslighting.

More condoning of the gaslighting, folks.

I rest my case.
    Tyrone is not defending the particular individual, nor do I have any desire to tackle the matter. However, Tyrone's point is completely valid, you can't draw solid conclusions based on an incomplete presentation of facts.

For the first four thousand deaths I went negative in BF1, as it was my first multiplayer FPS, playing on an old computer. Got to 2KD by 80k kills, 3KD by 220k kills. Now I'm fairly consistently pulling sessions between 5-10 KD and 3-4 KPM. I have the odd session at over 4.5 KPM, which is insanely high. All thanks to various improvements and poor opponents.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but frankly I'm willing to say that your perspective is rather limited due to your own personal abilities and lack thereof.

Go ahead and tell me what fact presentation was incomplete.

I group with plenty of people who go well over 4.5 KD and high KPM.  I'm the medic that keeps them there.  But, please, WRT the Gaslighting and the "1%" discussion, oh, please do tell me what was incomplete.  I'd love to hear it.

As for my, "skill," not all helicopter mechanics are helicopter pilots.

But yet, here you are, defending the rage hackers, the ones that I've been complaining about the whole time, and not about players like you.  The fact that you are chiming in on this makes me think that you just might have a guilty conscience for some reason.

Food for thought.

Now, make sure to message a few old friends from the old thread, to have them come in to back you up, ok?

Bye.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 28
    (Quote)
    Go ahead and tell me what fact presentation was incomplete.

I group with plenty of people who go well over 4.5 KD and high KPM.  I'm the medic that keeps them there.  But, please, WRT the Gaslighting and the "1%" discussion, oh, please do tell me what was incomplete.  I'd love to hear it.

"Oh, and this was a player who, in bf3, had a 0.9 kdr, in bf4 had a 0.3 kdr, and in BFV wound up with a 3.4 kdr...

What changed? ANY IDEAS? ANYONE? BUELLER? BUELLER? BUELLER?"

^^
    The only thing I commented on.

Can you calm down for 10 mintues.
    I haven't gaslighted a single thing.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    I've recently had a brief, but polite dialog with @EA_Tom.

The ONLY option you have is to report.  There will be no other options, and with the release of the game being November of 2018, they are clearly more driven and focused on the next title in the series coming 2021.

So, learn from my hours and hours of wasted time, and from EA_Tom's polite, but pointed dialog with me below.

Stop Asking.

The reports are here to stay and they are the ONLY resource available to use to combat cheating (as slow and often ineffective as we all agree it is).

Being short of free time, I am likely to just turn my efforts elsewhere, but I believe this is it for me on this issue from here forward.  

And as you can see, the misrepresentation like, "Oh, I get a 5.0 KDR, and you don't, so everyone is cheating," is back in full force, along with the paranoia of, "Someone called me a hacker, but even though I'm surely not hacking, I'm worried," meanwhile the 6.0 kill per minute lewis gun crowd, the ones that I've been advocating about this whole time, still run rampant.

For a bunch of innocent people, (see the above 3 replies by me), you guys sure do defend yourselves a lot.

You're right, @soniferousgamer, this is pretty much pointless.  Nobody cares.

There are 3 types of players.

1.  Non cheaters.
    2.  Closet Cheaters.
    3.  Rage Hackers.

I've been going on about 3, but 2 seems to be really worried also.  Anyone who has been paying attention and is 1 can read between the lines on this.  This isn't rocket science.  I mean, I talked to a guy yesterday who said, "So and so doesn't hack, I saw his stream."  Wow, just wow.

I can only hope that a group like Anonymous gets interested in this, and exposes this from EA on down to the streamers.
  • OskooI_007
    1322 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Guys, I thought we already had a plan worked out in order to avoid cheaters in Battlefield 6. Weren't we all going to switch to the new 12 teraflops Xbox and game at 120fps cheat free? :smile:
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Man you have become completely unhinged.
  • StalkingGoose
    (Quote)
    >>>Not everything is about you.<<<

The faster you can admit that players are acually better then you the faster you stop beeing so naive man :)

This mega-thread is about discussions involving cheating/hacking in Battlefield V.

This statement is a far cry from that.

Stay on topic please. Thanks.
  • El_Padrino_NYC
    29 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MachoFantast1c0   Man you have become completely unhinged. - there you go gaslighting again !!!
This discussion has been closed.