Community Broadcast: Weapon Adjustments in 6.2

Comments

• zoinkersScoob
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anything om the SLRs?
    They had quite a drop in ROF with the 5.2, will they return to what they used to be?
  • BeastofBourbon84
    728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Anything om the SLRs?
    They had quite a drop in ROF with the 5.2, will they return to what they used to be?

Nothing substantial as of yet I hope for a complete revert in the rof department.
    Same for recons slrs.

Hope well get the notes soon.
  • gameants
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For cheating players, these changes are useless. Can you really value feedback from players?
  • DrDeath26B
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for the effort on getting this out @Braddock512 .  Now we just need a team balancer and a working anti cheat.
  • Celsi_GER
    859 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 28
    Thanks for the news.
    So we finally will have the revert we were demanding for months. But we do not call it revert, because some weapons are 5% weaker than before and behaving differently at range.
    Okay, have it your way, EA/Dice, if this helps you not to feel silly for having destroyed gunplay against strong rejection of the community in the first place.

Has it been decided already yet how much you will destroy the game in next November, or are you still brain-storming for good ideas?
  • SFSeventh
    271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm just glad 5.2 is going away. I am really curious how weapons that were added post 5.2 perform after 6.2 drops.
  • rorypreston
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh this is a breath of fresh air 
  • calmyourboins
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ah as far as I can see the 2a isn't going to be affected its not recoil that's needed it the bullet spread for those  who can more easily control the recoil of the 2a it isn't going to make a lot of difference there still going to tare us a new one every time they run that gun  so in fact you haven't nerfed it al all 
  • HugoPlayNow
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bluegoon said:
    Nobody normal cares so much about balance and math in a video game, that they would scream about it,  there are professionals paid to care about it, wish every nerd who did would quit, it wouldn't be a blip on the radar, and the game would be better off for it.

Me and my homies have been playing this franchise since BF2, and it's still FUN, the enemy of BALANCE.

Mark Kern (Some indie dev who was design lead for Diablo 2 and World of Warcraft, small games from years ago, but they're pretty good.) once told me that balance is overrated, I 100% believe him.

Balance negates fun, and will ultimately make a game not fun at all, the wrong road to take is appeasing a few nerds who are so mentally rigid and so lacking in normal creativity that they will loudly protest "balance!" - the mating call of the forum/social media/reddit video game nerd, btw" Crafty YouTubers will echo this sentiment as these nerds are drawn to echochambers, providing revenue in views for said YouTuber.

Capitulating to these outcasts will only hurt the experience for the many who don't care to visit forums or use the internet for weird things like complain about video game math.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (my quote function doesn't work on this board)
    Hugo says:

It depends on your view of "balancing"

When I refer to balancing, I get frustrated when the other side is the invading side with 3 more players, all higher ranked (which means more upgraded weapons), and 4 more tanks.

Even the tank imbalance wouldn't be so bad if my AT weapons did anything!  

I really hope 6.2 has increased AT weapon effectiveness.  As Assault, if I throw everything I have at a tank, it should at least cripple it if not blow it up completely.

• johnkapa1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 When will you have the adjusted damage values? Also i think you should tell the dev's to adjust the type 2a's fire rate as well. I believe it was said to have 600-800 rpm in real life... 
  • rorypreston
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Providing no unwanted bugs get in it sounds like this will be a lot better than 5.0 
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    (Quote)

true but the LMG will just be 100x more flexible then the SMG again. i mean sure you have 10 less bullets in 0-30 engagements but you then have just a flat out advantage over a SMG beyond 20m like it was before, especially concerning all slow ROF SMGs that will struggle both in DPS at range and CQC.
    that is the issue if you lock classes with super narrow weapon selection. in BF4 for example every class had 4 weapon-classes to choose from if i recall correctly

Lmgs always keep their bad draw times.

sure but then whats the balance of ARs and SMGs. ARs just have 0,05 worse draw time so in an ADS battle you are again at a disadvantage with any SMG below 600 for almost all ARs it doesn't even matter where you are standing in that point in straight ADS accuracy you will most likely get shafted again by ARs. sure hip-fire is better on SMGs but again the STG will saturate the area with hip-fire just as reliable as a slow ROF SMG. but hey we will see how low the medic population will be then again and if the high ROF SMGs will be the META again. i personally hate the high ROF SMGs just like i hated these weapons in any other game. 
  • 19Romulus84
    105 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @bluegoon

It is about such a balance and only such that when after losing a round 10 people leave the losing team, we have the beginning of the next round 20 out of 30. Yes, and usually after 5-7 minutes it equalizes, but by that time one side already has a big advantage. Simply after the round the game from the machine should transfer 5 people to be 25 in 25. No matter, even make random teams so that only at the start it was even, it would be good and honest.

@Legaatti

Are you saying that these PINGS 150-300 are people from Scandinavia and not from Asia? I think maybe you there in Scandinavia have such PINGS but Asians also have such and also play. It always seemed to me that the Scandinavians are highly civilized, ordered, well-organized societies that do not like to cheat so much, and these high PINGs are the most cheaters. Probably Asian, not Finnish. On the other hand, be it Asians or Finns, if they are not cheating, I play well with them because they are so weak that they are seriously shot at them like ducks. They are only lying next to each other on such Al Sundan, for example on these hills and are waiting for the verdict. Recently, I killed 5 people in one magazine.
  • fz502fz
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Friends, must the sniper rifle be a killer? Otherwise, why sniping? :/
  • sabersun
    153 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Let's get ready to get killed from everywhere from hundreds of meters away. Not sure how this matches the original statement for changes that people get killed and have no time to react or get cover.
  • AQUILESS76
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And Maps Squad conquest returns?
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I caught sssooo much flak for calling for a balance update to land between 5.0 and 5.2.2 instead of a full revert. That's exactly what we're getting, and now most people are ecstatic with everything I've read online.

No wonder DICE can't make the BF community happy.
  • NuttysKunKs
    563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    If the FG-42 example is anything to go by, it could be a very good update we’ll have next week.

Look at those numbers: From 5-13 BTK to 4-7 BTK. That is a massive change!

To me it shows the incompetence of the developers.

13 bullets to kill with a gun that holds 20.

So with a 50% accuracy you’re still going to need to reload to kill 2 people.. What muppet thought of that?
  • TFBisquit
    2283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    sabersun said:
    Let's get ready to get killed from everywhere from hundreds of meters away. Not sure how this matches the original statement for changes that people get killed and have no time to react or get cover.

Where are you getting that? Range dropoff is still more than with 5.0 as is explained in the first post. Further more only snipers can kill from hundreds and hundreds of meters away.
    And as for reacting, I don't know what you're playing currently, but the bfv meta atm is no time to react. Or were you forgetting the type2a, or suomi/tommy that delete players quick.
  • Imadis64
    141 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I will have to give the MG42 another lookB)