Shotguns are so inconsistent.

ProAssassin2003
3820 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I really hate when DICE add Shotguns. Reason being I like to get every gun to Level 10 and Shotguns are still really inconsistent in damage and hit detection. It's a 50/50 chance you will kill a enemy point blank or you might have to shoot that person 2 or 3 times.

I kind of get the feeling that Shotguns represent the broken hit detection very well and something that you wouldn't notice as much with other weapons.

Comments

• GrizzGolf
    1321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Shotguns are trash 
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I only consider the new shotgun to be inconsistent. Others a fine.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    936 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They are all a bit funny to me. I've had close range headshot markers doing 60 damage, obviously nowhere near dead centre, and then really surprising kills. Do you think it's like the BF1 damage cones and sometimes you're just unlucky where the pellets go?
  • olavafar
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Oh come on, Battlefield would not be Battlefield if the shotguns were consistent. That would be like not having the Rush game mode available at all times... oh wait.
  • L3wY_9507
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just like the new LMG, I hope this new shotgun will be buffed too in the next update.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11591 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Zero issues with shotguns. I find them quite delicious. I can’t wait to take the new one on an adventure.
  • dcs500
    1511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The whole game is inconsistent.
  • snakeater418
    328 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can't tell if it's the shotguns or me that's inconsistent. But they're definitely frustrating to use until you get a few nice kills. I love the concept, but hate to rely on them.
  • CT1924
    1121 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I only consider the new shotgun to be inconsistent. Others a fine.

Drilling is nice. Got a 150 meter snipe on Panzerstorm once. But I wish lethal range was a little shorter, and damage drop off more gradual.
  • Hawxxeye
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    For me the main issue with the shotguns as an ongoing one since a point in BF1
    Originally in BF1 the shotgun reticule/circle would change its size to better reflect the actual spread of the shotgun. Then they changed it so that the circle is always the same even if the spread was much less than that.
    It has also remained like that in BFV when it should be variable like the reticule of the M2 flamethrower
  • mythic_employee
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can't tell if it's the shotguns or me that's inconsistent. But they're definitely frustrating to use until you get a few nice kills. I love the concept, but hate to rely on them.

Its the garbage netcode and no amount of statistics will convince me otherwise.  Play in one server and almost every kill you make needs 2~3 point blank hits to kill someone, yet other people are running around crouch-sliding and landing 1hks with no issue.  Join another server and its you making all the perfect shots and people hitting you with shotgun blasts point blank for ~30 damage and calling you a hacker.
  • Art3misJinx
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They are all a bit funny to me. I've had close range headshot markers doing 60 damage, obviously nowhere near dead centre, and then really surprising kills. Do you think it's like the BF1 damage cones and sometimes you're just unlucky where the pellets go?
    Shotguns doesn't have headshot multipliers though. So you aren't doing extra damage when shooting them in the head.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think at this point melee weapons have the same average TTK as shotguns and probably more range. Getting the Ithaca just to level 4 was a chore and a disaster at the same time. It was the least fun I've had in this game, and this is by far the least fun I've ever had with any Battlefield game ever. It took me hours and it was like rubbing glass powder into my eyes and washing it out with lemon juice the whole time. And that was just to level 4, something that with other weapons I can do in 1.5 matches.
  • CT1924
    (Quote)
    Shotguns doesn't have headshot multipliers though. So you aren't doing extra damage when shooting them in the head.

Slugs do.
  • CT1924
    Shotguns ought to behave like slugs up to 25 meters.
  • Art3misJinx
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    (Quote)

Slugs do.
    Well yeah, but I doubt the guy was talking about slugs.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    936 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

I certainly wasn't.

Even without that they can still be inconsistent. You mostly only get one shot so any problems really show.
  • DingoKillr
    4108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know about inconsistent as I don't use much, however on a squad conquest game I joined. This guy got 2 hit headshotted kills on everyone and topped the scoreboard with 45 kills using the new 37 shotgun.

When the map came around again I used the 12 guage only manged to get 19 kills but got second highest kills lots of 1 hit kills. Tired the 1897 took almost 2 hits on almost all targets did not do so well only got about 6.
  • CT1924
    (Quote)

I certainly wasn't.

Even without that they can still be inconsistent. You mostly only get one shot so any problems really show.

Slugs have really bad hipfire too. You can do it, but its hard.
  • talhaONE
    808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shotguns are inconsistent because of their awfully designed drastic damage drop offs. Drilling per pellet does 6.3 damage at 11 meters while does only 3 damage at 12 meters.