Always have 1 or 2 fps drop whatever your settings despit low CPU/GPU utilisation? Try the following

ttth2
55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Please try the following and REPORT: I am curious.

Type "RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable" in the console then false. It is true by default.
I suppose it defaults to a double buffer.

I gave a ryzen 1600x with a GTX 1070 and play at 60 fps. Howveer, there is always the odd off drop to 59fps or 58fps with the associated stutter (CPU and GPU usage low) whatever the settings. Ihave tried all the various settings in the Nvidia Control panel, the console commands etc but that one seems to actually do something for me.

I tried it with renderhead 1 and 3. 3 works better for me. Not only do I seem to have less stuttering but it also seems more responsive.

Please do not disregard, try and report. I am just curious to see if it is a placebo or if it helps. I assume to should work for any 60Hz, 120hz etc...

Thanks

Comments

• TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It does nothing for 144Hz monitors.
    Further more the renderahead 2 or 3 is beneficial for 60 fps, at higher frames however 1 is the more responsive setting.
    If you play at 60 fps I'm guessing you also got vsync enabled?
    For online gaming it's advised to keep vsync off and get as high fps as possible, higher is better and more responsive.
    If one can't meet that demand though, some tweaks can bring relief to at least play at a decent level.
    Btw, dropping from 60 to 59 fps could be because of your monitor. Some sync at 59,xxx Hz. My old monitor does.
  • Celsi_GER
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The issues you described I first solved with the freeware tool ISLC, later I upgraded to 32GB RAM and the stuttering then stayed away also without ISLC.
  • ttth2
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thank you for your feedback.

Thanks Celsi but I already have ISLC and dio not improve things much for me.

TFBisquit, I so play with Vsync on (did not mention it). The tearing is too noticebale for me to play with Vsync off. I have not managed to set up the Scanline thing in RTSS yet (with Vsync off).
    59Hz makes things VERY jerky on my monitor (refresh at 59Hz in NVCP and in game) so back to 60Hz.

I understand what Renderahead is supposed to do but for some reason, disabling the triple buffering in BF5's console is almost the most helpfil thing for me when it comes to the odd fps drop (when you die for example and the camera pans to your killer etc...). I huss it is render ahead 3 with triple buffering off for me until I buy a new monitor. I prioritise smoothness over input.

Anyway cheers!
  • bigguyhawaii
    397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER wrote: »
    The issues you described I first solved with the freeware tool ISLC, later I upgraded to 32GB RAM and the stuttering then stayed away also without ISLC.

Same here. 32g does wonders
  • Jinko_itx
    777 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    sounds like you have your GPU restricted off, turn it on, restart...
  • Jinko_itx
    777 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 28
    Celsi_GER wrote: »

Same here. 32g does wonders
    im using only 16gig and i have no stuttering what so ever, I only go up to 12 gig of RAM total usage when playing, i do have pretty fast ram so...
    your 2080 ti is suffering from the i5, my 9900k sometimes goes up to 80% usage pushing my 2080 ti. you really need a 9700k with a 2080 ti for this game