So back to one frame deaths at all ranges again with 6.2.

2»

Comments

• LinkZeppeloyd
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Like you, I was an advocate of the ttk change but 1 frame deaths never left, they still occur, I've had single frame deaths by semi auto's while I was on full health.
    About a year ago the netcode felt the most stable for me. Rarely had single frame deaths, but every since, it keeps getting worse and worse.

Because, as has been explained a million times, “one frame deaths” are a NETWORK problem that cannot be fixed by nerfing weapon damage. That was known at the time they did it. They still did it.

And now, as predicted, they are reverting it, for the same reason we tried to warn them in the first place: people with janked internet cant be helped by nerfing the game for the rest of us.

I am lucky to have good internet, and hbe only gotten one-framed 5-10 times in a year of gameplay. If you are getting one-framed regularly it’s your internet.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But then they didn't do that for the ttk. They were hoping new players would encourage mates to also buy the game, if the damage model was low enough for them to survive.
    But now they know that doesn't work.
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 28
    Oh wow, it looks like I can install BF5 again. Interesting, are they fully reverting the TTK or there will be some tweaks?

@YourLocalPlumber it’s not a full revert there is still the objectionable post 30meter damage dropoff that debuted in 5.2 although it supposedly isn’t as drastic. I’m going to see how it plays before making a final decision. Within 30 meters the gunplay should feel like 5.0.
    Tanks for clarification. Still, this sounds WAAAY more promising than any other "Fixes" that they've implemented post 5.2. One thing that matters right now is minimum damage. If I don't have to unload an entire mag into someone at 30 meters, thats good enough to be considered a successful patch in my book.

This is what I've been saying since pretty much 5.2 info came out. Instead of murdering damage values, just mess with recoil/drop off over range. And keep individual gun classes (e.g LMGs,SMGs) unique. Sadly it took Dice 2 months to realise that we were right, but hey, they're finally listening. 
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I am lucky to have good internet, and hbe only gotten one-framed 5-10 times in a year of gameplay. If you are getting one-framed regularly it’s your internet.
    It is the other way around, players with very stable low ping (under 15ms) get 1 framed all the time by players with trash connections ...

The srv tick value is even higher than 15ms ... most of the time even above 20ms ...
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It has nothing to do with the quality of ones internet. It has to do with their servers and the way your client is placed in the game world, compared to other clients.
    There are delays, and those are not micro seconds but seconds.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    It is the other way around, players with very stable low ping (under 15ms) get 1 framed all the time by players with trash connections ...

The srv tick value is even higher than 15ms ... most of the time even above 20ms ...

Wow. I never knew that my 22ms ping was considered trash.

I guess that my internet with zero packet loss and minimal jitter is also trash.

My trash connection explains why I rarely experience one frames like @LinkZeppeloyd . 🤷🏻‍♀️

• MrCamp121
    1168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    One frames never left the hell are you talking about.

Haha yup. So many times you die and you just hold your hands up like what can you do.
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Unless the game was updated without me knowing, I'm getting 1 framed with the 5.2 ttk. So I don't where this 'back to' comes from....
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE said:
    (Quote)

Wow. I never knew that my 22ms ping was considered trash.

I guess that my internet with zero packet loss and minimal jitter is also trash.

My trash connection explains why I rarely experience one frames like @LinkZeppeloyd . 🤷🏻‍♀️

I only said that players with very low and stable (22ms is not VERY low ... but when stable also not trash ... ) get 1 framed all the time by players with trash connections ... 
    And that the srv tick most of the time is higher than 15ms, so VERY low pings are lower than the srv tick.

That your connection could be trash was your conclusion ... 
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I only said that players with very low and stable (22ms is not VERY low ... but when stable also not trash ... ) get 1 framed all the time by players with trash connections ... 
    And that the srv tick most of the time is higher than 15ms, so VERY low pings are lower than the srv tick.

That your connection could be trash was your conclusion ... 

22 is low mate. I’m usually the lowest in the server. My comment on trash connection was obviously sarcasm.
  • ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I get 16ms to the eu servers from the U.K with a fttp connection and one hit deaths are ridiculous.

Uninstalled it can’t be bothered with it anymore
  • KMAsterisk
    295 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If EA had a nickel for every time you said you uninstalled.....
    We'd still have moderate at best servers but EA's profits would be through the roof
  • LeesSummit09
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yea, I love these guys, I uninstalled a year ago, just coming back to see how it’s playing. Just stay away, which includes the forums.
  • DingoKillr
    4352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    I get 16ms to the eu servers from the U.K with a fttp connection and one hit deaths are ridiculous.

You know that 16ms is only between the fttp server at the other end and the BF server. Between the BF server and you is more like 80 to 100ms. Is most likely worse then a direct connection from you to a BF server.

VPN do not reduce travel time.
  • OskooI_007
    1322 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 29
    Battle(non)sense demonstrated that Super Bullets can happen when the shooter's internet connection suffers from network variation (unsteady ping).

Super Bullets is when damage is bundled up, causing the person on the receiving end to feel like they've been insta-killed or one framed.

So even if your internet connection is perfect, other players with trash connections can still cause you to receive bundled damage.

Screenshot-20200229-152023.png

• ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    ackers75 wrote: »

You know that 16ms is only between the fttp server at the other end and the BF server. Between the BF server and you is more like 80 to 100ms. Is most likely worse then a direct connection from you to a BF server.

VPN do not reduce travel time.

Am not using a vpn
  • CSO7777
    1881 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Battle(non)sense demonstrated that Super Bullets can happen when the shooter's internet connection suffers from network variation (unsteady ping).

Super Bullets is when damage is bundled up, causing the person on the receiving end to feel like they've been insta-killed or one framed.

So even if your internet connection is perfect, other players with trash connections can still cause you to receive bundled damage.

I love Battlenonsense videoes, but there is more to this than what he demonstrates in his videoes. The game is very laggy sometimes and things are often different than what you see on screen, people shoot you while reloading, land from vaulting and then insta-kills you or enemies shoot from cover without you even seeing them (they have to peek, aim, shoot and go back to cover which all takes a "long" time and it's not with 500 ms ping they do this).

The TTD and lag problem was in BF1 (less though) and BF4 is even worse than BFV.

Apex Legends with very low tick-rate has better netcode than BFV and I personally think there are some fundamental issues with the netcode in Frostbite.
  • MusicienElegant
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Eh, after coming from Rainbow 6 Siege, one frame deaths seem like a commodity in this game. It's still significantly more forgiving than poor playstyles in other games. Where to draw those lines becomes vague, personal, and potentially baised. As does where not to draw those lines.