The 4 noob friendly features i like to see disappear from Battlefield ( and FPS in general ).

Colonel_Clegg
5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
1- The KILL CAM
This by far the most annoying one, kill cam in multiplayer is the alter ego off Auto Save in single player games, completely ruin any kind of challenges the game can offer, you kill someone and BANG a camera zoom on you and say, look look he right here now you know, wait 10 seconds Re deploy and kill him, don't even bother to practice and try to be better and be more careful, just run cluelessly all around the map kill 2 or 3 guys get shot, kill cam will pop up, repeat. Plus been a Sniper experience is ruined, you just a guy with rifle and a scope, it a complete waist of an important FPS features.

2- The 3 PERSON VIEW IN VEHICLE 
Battlefield is a First Person Shooter and everything should always be in first person, it made Tanks completely over powered and it completely kill any kind off real Dog Fight immersion with Aiplane the game can offer. The other day i play on Fejll conquest and decide to stay 1P view in plane for fun and yes it was WAY more fun, dog fighting was challenging and attacking soldiers on the ground was harder BUT possible, it will even made some specialization features like Smoke Screen useful and important too skirmish enemy, something impossible with 3P view.

3- The CROSSAIM
Another outdated noob friendly feature that ruin what Hip Fire should be, we have a beautiful feature in modern FPS call Aim Down Singht "ADS" so we don't need the little white cross in the middle off the screen who scrap the feeling to actually killing an enemy with real Hip Fire. I play the game now for 2 mount with no crossaim on my screen and it not that hard and way more real.

4- The FIELD OF VIEW, MINI MAP SIZE AND MINI MAP ZOOM RADIUS
Everyone who play a multiplayer game like Battlefield should see exactly the same thing on they screen, having option to modify your control, audio or graphics is great, taking out stuff you don't like such as name tag, kill log, ribbon, icon ect... that ok, BUT the FOV and the MAP shoud be the same for everyone IT NOT FAIR FIGHT otherwise, having someone who run around the battlefield with Xenomorph Alien style FOV, not only look ridicule but it not fair and don't like that kind of stuff. Those important game breaking option shoud be decide by the game designer only DOT

PS... I know a lot of you who will read this will say, we have a mode call Hardcore body, it just not in the game yet, i know i know.
The problem is i dislike hardcore, we lost to many feature like the map, your ammo, your health, spotting, squad deploy.
Plus FRIENDLY FIRE is ON , friendly fire is by far the worst thing to ever happen in the history of video game.

Comments

• Terminator000001
    822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 28
    I'm more or less fine with 1st person only for vehicles. But for planes there needs to be some proper flight physics added. Otherwise stall abuse will be just even worse than it is already.
  • Plucky6922
    454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The older I get, the more I require a FOV slider.
    My 38 year old eyes are not as great as they use to be.
    If my eyes feel fine, I play at the FOV range that I normally play at, Horizontal  90-96, depending on the map/class/weapon type I am playing.
    Some nights, when my eyes are tired, I have to decrease the FOV in order to be able to play proper that night(slow it down a little), sometimes as low as to Horizontal 85.
    (yes, it does affect my muscle memory slightly, but I live with it)

Default FOV of Horizontal 64 is too low in my opinion, if I was stuck just playing like that, it would turn me off from this game, as it makes me feel as if I am running in slow-motion.

• Imadis64
    141 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The older I get, the more I require a FOV slider.
    My 38 year old eyes are not as great as they use to be.
    If my eyes feel fine, I play at the FOV range that I normally play at, Horizontal  90-96, depending on the map/class/weapon type I am playing.
    Some nights, when my eyes are tired, I have to decrease the FOV in order to be able to play proper that night(slow it down a little), sometimes as low as to Horizontal 85.
    (yes, it does affect my muscle memory slightly, but I live with it)

Default FOV of Horizontal 64 is too low in my opinion, if I was stuck just playing like that, it would turn me off from this game, as it makes me feel as if I am running in slow-motion.

Try being 55 YRS OLD!! And never played a FPS on Console before 12 months ago!!

OP, I definitely agree with doing away with the kill cam. And friendly fire as well. Gotta keep that little cross hair in hip fire mode though. . . . 
  • Art3misJinx
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1- The KILL CAM
    This by far the most annoying one, kill cam in multiplayer is the alter ego off Auto Save in single player games, completely ruin any kind of challenges the game can offer, you kill someone and BANG a camera zoom on you and say, look look he right here now you know, wait 10 seconds Re deploy and kill him, don't even bother to practice and try to be better and be more careful, just run cluelessly all around the map kill 2 or 3 guys get shot, kill cam will pop up, repeat. Plus been a Sniper experience is ruined, you just a guy with rifle and a scope, it a complete waist of an important FPS features.

Battlefield is a First Person Shooter and everything should always be in first person, it made Tanks completely over powered and it completely kill any kind off real Dog Fight immersion with Aiplane the game can offer. The other day i play on Fejll conquest and decide to stay 1P view in plane for fun and yes it was WAY more fun, dog fighting was challenging and attacking soldiers on the ground was harder BUT possible, it will even made some specialization features like Smoke Screen useful and important too skirmish enemy, something impossible with 3P view.

3- The CROSSAIM
    Another outdated noob friendly feature that ruin what Hip Fire should be, we have a beautiful feature in modern FPS call Aim Down Singht "ADS" so we don't need the little white cross in the middle off the screen who scrap the feeling to actually killing an enemy with real Hip Fire. I play the game now for 2 mount with no crossaim on my screen and it not that hard and way more real.

Everyone who play a multiplayer game like Battlefield should see exactly the same thing on they screen, having option to modify your control, audio or graphics is great, taking out stuff you don't like such as name tag, kill log, ribbon, icon ect... that ok, BUT the FOV and the MAP shoud be the same for everyone IT NOT FAIR FIGHT otherwise, having someone who run around the battlefield with Xenomorph Alien style FOV, not only look ridicule but it not fair and don't like that kind of stuff. Those important game breaking option shoud be decide by the game designer only DOT

PS... I know a lot of you who will read this will say, we have a mode call Hardcore body, it just not in the game yet, i know i know.
    The problem is i dislike hardcore, we lost to many feature like the map, your ammo, your health, spotting, squad deploy.
    Plus FRIENDLY FIRE is ON , friendly fire is by far the worst thing to ever happen in the history of video game.
    Disagree on killcam. Sure it lets people know where you are. But it also tells you how you died and it helps you to understand what you could've done differently and help you to improve yourself. If there's no killcam and you suddenly get shot and die you have very little if any information to help you understand what you did wrong and how to improve.
    It's your own fault if you get killed because the killcam revealed your position. There's no reason to be camping for so long that the enemy can die, respawn, run back to you and kill you, before you move away from the position. Only time I'd say it was viable is if you're defending an objective, but if that's the case having your position revealed isn't really that big of a deal anyways, especially since you can just move to another position on the objective as well.
    Sniper experience isn't ruined either. There's no reason for you to stay that long on the spot as sniper either. You're probably also spotted anyways with the huge glare sniper scopes has and the bullet flash as well.
    If you want to have a good sniping experience, then move with the team but stay at the back of the group, help with pushes, shoot your flare over the enemy, take out the enemy snipers and stragglers, move around. You'll be helping your team and they'll be able to help you, and you wont' have the problem of the killcam either.

Don't think 3rd person view is that big of a deal. I wouldn't lose sleep over it if they removed it either though.
    It's annoying that it can be relatively easy for tanks to spot mines and people sneaking up to them with 3rd person view. But at the same time 1st person view is absolutely horrible from my experience in this game. Only time I ever go into it is to shoot at things.

Disagree on crosshair as well. Battlefield isn't a realistic shooter, so why you want it to be more "real" is beyond me. And as you said yourself it doesn't make that big of a difference if it's there or not.

Absolutely disagree on fov. Yes high fov can make you see more targets to your sides. But in the end it's a matter of preference. Some people high fov, some people prefer low fov. I've even heard some people say they nausea and headaches from playing games in an fov outside of their preferences.
    And don't think the guys running high fov and turning around and shredding you before you can get your first shot in, isn't going to do the same if you lock them behind a low fov.
    Not to mention that you have the option to turn those things up. So it absolutely is fair. You have the choice to increase the minimap size and your fov just like everyone else.
  • PuckersMcColon
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nah, those things are fine to have for regular servers.  What we need is hardcore servers added and RSP servers that allow us to really customize the options.
  • TFBisquit
    2216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There was a time they locked the fov to the console value. Shortly after people started complaining about getting sick when playing. It is called motion sickness. A higher fov cures this and does not give the sickness feeling.
    The value of this varies from person to person. some can't play below 90 horizontal, others are fine from 75 and up. Too much gives a fisheye effect. And make things rather small.
    However, besides the fact you see more from the sides with a higher fov, it brings no benefit or advantage overall. Especially with widescreens as a standard. Back in the day it was 4:3 crt where it could help to see more from the sides.
    I don't agree with the other points either, the killcam shows you why and how you died. The implementation in bfv isn't perfect, but gives you an idea how and why. Unfortunately they will never achieve the killcam from call of duty, where you saw a playback of the events that lead to that kill. Besides all that, you don't stay in the same place after a kill, for all you know he saw you already and know you are there, if he wants revenge.
    Removing the crosshair would mean removing more than half the player base. I don't want to play without it. It's in most games, and for a long time already.
    Minimap and the rest is personal preference. I don't mind it.
    3th person view in tank, well, why not, same for planes. If it gives an advantage, it could be tuned, maybe a lower camera view for tanks.
    Your points are all hardcore, a mode the majority don't like nor want to play. If something would kill this franchise, it would be that if it was forced upon all.
    I can see you would like something like that in this game, but unfortunately it isn't. The game is what it is, nothing more, nothing less.

• V2Face
    2687 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    He pretty much described hardcore which you can still play in other installments of battlefield. I don’t like the game mode because most players are idiots that will TK you due to lack of self awareness.

• Hawxxeye
    7072 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 29
    Once again it is proven that hardcore needs to exist cause a crossover between normal and hardcore does not make anyone happy.
    It also makes the hardcore crowd to get any vestiges of normal removed like the OP here
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • DingoKillr
    4119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The current killcam should go, it is useless for how you died and only helps guys on comms give information about the enemy is.
  • CT1924
    1138 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1- The KILL CAM

3- The CROSSAIM

3rd person and killcam should definitely be removed. Don't really care about the other two tbh.
  • CT1924
    1138 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    The current killcam should go, it is useless for how you died and only helps guys on comms give information about the enemy is.

You drop a danger ping as well.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to see the insane trash connection compensation gone.

Removing 3x scope WITHOUT glint noob feature removal would be great too.

Being able to easy solo a Tank removing would be great too.

Fighters taking no skill at all to destroy a bomber removal would be great too.
  • Art3misJinx
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:

Are you trying to say scopes not having glint is a noob feature?
    If anything scopes having glint is a noob feature. Oh you can't spot snipers from long ranges? Here's a massive glint to give away their position.
  • NLBartmaN
    NLBartmaN said:

Are you trying to say scopes not having glint is a noob feature?
    If anything scopes having glint is a noob feature. Oh you can't spot snipers from long ranges? Here's a massive glint to give away their position.
    Being able to 1 frame enemies at a range they can't see or hear you (in time) is a noob feature yes.

And some weapons with 3x scope having glint and others, that are (semi-)automatic, not is also insane.
  • Trokey66
    8951 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only one I can sort of agree with is 3rd person view in vehicles.

That said, removing it is not necessary, but it should never be easier to the extent that it becomes the preffered view.

@Hawxxeye is right, lack of a hardcore home for the masochists is a major problem for BFV.
  • trip1ex
    5181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 29
    None of those are newb features.  

They are fun features.  

Exept for FoV.   That's someting that should be more standard.  But ...that's a different subject really.

• BallisticPork
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    kill cam is a worst and stupid noob friendly thing ever introduced in FPS games. 3D Vehicles are the second... I agree. It should be forced in normal mode to forbid such a noob friendly features. Hardcore is not about killcam, but about more DPS, no health regeneration and friendly fire. 3D vehicles and kill cam are only for 6 years old... Camping, and flanking also stealth play  is much smarter and better way of playing FPS than run and gun like a headless chicken - unfortunatelly to many of modern shooters prefer the second.  
  • NLBartmaN
    edited February 29
    I have no doubt that lots (most of the) players that whine about some vehicle features can be called infantry only players ... and hate their precious stats being "destroyed" by a couple of deaths by vehicles.

And I have little doubt they use the easy mode guns in the game ...