Community Broadcast: Weapon Adjustments in 6.2

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

With all due respect, I cannot understand how can anyone be happy with that shotgun performance.image
    .I cannot see myself using a BFV shotgun outside of leveling them to 4 for OCD's sake. The high RoF SMGs are more consistent in close ranges and still retain some power in mid range.The reticule does not even reflect the actual cone of these shotguns anymore since a certain patch on BF1 and that carried over to BF5 too.

Shotguns need to behave like slugs, and actual slugs need to be better.

By "like slugs" you mean a tighter spread or a more universal damage?
  • 19Romulus84
    108 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When will this update be? It was supposed to be today, we have Wednesday 14-20 hours I come in, log in to Origin and nothing ... there is no update to download, what's going on? When will this update finally fall?
  • IPSEEEEEN
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When will this update be? It was supposed to be today, we have Wednesday 14-20 hours I come in, log in to Origin and nothing ... there is no update to download, what's going on? When will this update finally fall?
    Tomorrow, delayed.
  • Kaifaric_NB
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why m1928a1 considered as 9mm not .45 in this graphic? 
  • RamFrog
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Isn't the update supposed to be on thursday? At least according to Braddock512 and "This week in Battlefield - March 2nd" thread.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/200679/this-week-in-battlefield-v-march-2-2020/p1
  • WalcalkhIII
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anything om the SLRs?
    They had quite a drop in ROF with the 5.2, will they return to what they used to be?

Nothing substantial as of yet I hope for a complete revert in the rof department.
    Same for recons slrs.

Hope well get the notes soon.
    whats what hes talking about, the recons SLRs, i dont think they decresed the ROF on any SAR (assault semis) except for maybe one
    They did decrease the ROF on SLRs and ended up bringing them back up. Prior to Update 5.2, the Model 8 had a 200 ROF, which increased to 225 ROF with a spec. 
    ZH-29 shot at 150 and 164 with the ROF increase, and the RSC was at 180. 
    They nerfed it down to
    Model 8: 164 base, 180 ROF increase spec
    RSC: 150
    ZH-29: 128 base, 138 with the ROF increase

And then they rebuffed to pre 5.2 values. 
  • IPSEEEEEN
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Even if I will receive another forum ban because I show my opinion and disagreement without "good manners", really I dont care.

I am the costumer so I have the right to disagree.

According to numbers and patch notes, 6.2 could be good but when you open game and start to play...

I am playing right now in EU servers and this game start to seriously make me sick.

Is really insane the infestation of noobs, highpingers and HACKERS who you can find in every &%Ǫ server all time, specially in the morning.

You enter in a server, team losing with 300 tickets difference because a hacker is &%^ing everything, and near 20 players with pings over 100.

OK, I will join another server same situation, ok move to another same situation...

A game without basic things afther near a year and a half, without real private servers, good netcode, ping limiter, anticheat, balancer in a lot of ways...

This isnt serious and when I see patch notes and dont appear fixes related to that it makes me get angry even more, just we will come back to 5.0 and you lost 3 months without solve this HUGE priority problems.

And you even gave to you the right to joke about things which appears a year later, such as tank customization??

If I told you the jokes which you can find on the internet about this situation...

If I tell you this is a disrespect or something like that?? BFV in the actual state isnt that to community??

Definitelly worst BF, I wont buy next because I asume this franchise is death.

Seriously DICE?? After a year and a half??

Now you can ban me again...
  • CT1924
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Yes. Both.
  • T_Bendover_T
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Braddock512 How about adding Hardcore back into BF? BF4 was amazing in HC mode, only took few shots to kill at close and long range. And bolt action rifles were usually 1 hit kill. having to unload 3-5 shots per enemy in close range is ridiculous.  6-10 shots per kill at longer distances? it defeats the purpose of tactical play and more run & gun in close range making it feel like an arcade game. And 15k for some sandbags?   What about adding foliage around the tank to make it harder for enemies to see you, this would work really well in jungle maps. Barbwire around the tank so if a lunge mine soldier tries to hit you they will be damaged as well ect.... Also remove the passive spotting, its becoming nuisance when trying to flank. Only spotters should be able to mark enemies on field. *Please listen to the community !* 
  • talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 4

Because it uses 9mm damage model not .45 acp.
  • 19Romulus84
    For me, 5.0 was the best but never mind. Something is bothering me again and I don't think it's fair. Well, STG spad BTK the same as Lewis, except that it does not change its recoil, either vertical or horizontal, in my opinion it is not fair. STG44 will again be an OP weapon. Well, explain to me why? Now in 5.2.2 BTK STG44 and Lewis are the same and ok, and now in this new patch 6.2 again BTK is lower than and the same for both weapons and only Lewis gets more recoil and STG44 or STG44 will now get a buff. This is not fair.
  • Braddock512
    1542 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    talhaONE said:

Because it uses 9mm damage model not .45 acp.
    Bingo.

-Braddock512
  • 19Romulus84
    @Braddock512

You can explain to me why BTK fell for all machine guns and only KM-Lewis got more recoil, both vertical and horizontal. It is fair because such STG already had little recoil and now it has dropped BTK and recoil is still the same. KM-Lewis got a nerf and it's a big one and he doesn't know why. I can see that this is not fair. Why STG44 has the same BTK as Lewis and only Lewis gets a nerf, following this line of reasoning is probably if STG44 has reduced BTK then his recoil should increase and this did not happen. Only Lewis from the support weapon got a large nerf because of vertical and horizontal recoil. Please justify this because I don't like it anymore because what kind of reason Lewis got the vertical and horizontal recoil and the STG44 as well as the rest of the support weapons don't. This is not fair.
  • DigitalHype
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Most of these weapon balancing decisions are being made based on the game data. On PC, it seems likey that the statistics from the Lewis gun could be skewed due to the prevalence of rage cheats using it. It probably makes the accuracy of this weapon look better than it really is. Then DICE nerfs recoil on the Lewis to get it in line with expectations.
    This only ends up hurting players with clean aim. But, overall would make the game data for this weapon trend back toward their expectations. Even if they throw out extreemes, the data could still be a mispresentation of the weapons actual performance.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The stg44 is overused because the alternatives fall behind. With this patch they are back and will be used more also. Stg44 will fall back again in usage. It was in the right place already, though at a certain range it wasn't effective either.
    At least not on pc. With the 3x scope you tend to take shots at enemies further away, and that's when you start noticing you need more bullets to kill also.
    This will now be in line of the other automatics.

• 19Romulus84
    @Braddock512

I'm afraid it may be that you have made the wrong conclusions about Lewis's accuracy based on cheater statistics, because a lot of cheaters are playing with this weapon, which would be very sad.
  • xxxThug1xxx
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:
    The stg44 is overused because the alternatives fall behind. With this patch they are back and will be used more also. Stg44 will fall back again in usage. It was in the right place already, though at a certain range it wasn't effective either.
    At least not on pc. With the 3x scope you tend to take shots at enemies further away, and that's when you start noticing you need more bullets to kill also.
    This will now be in line of the other automatics.

All the automatics need more recoil added to them not just a select few. To many have to little recoil that is to easy to control and make medium to long range slower firing weapons less effective. i did not see any mention of any of they AR's getting recoil changed, and only a few of the other automatic weapons had changes to their recoil.

• Hawxxeye
    7748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 5
    CT1924 said:
    (Quote)

Yes. Both.
    I really never understood why every shotgun in FPS games has to be behaving like a super shortened sawed off shotgun.

• VXBronsonXV
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Aperture sights (x2zoom) om M2 carbine are bugged .it gives no zoom while aiming trought them.i compared with stg and in there zoom appear.
  • MusicienElegant
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So the ttk is almost as it was before Christmas. Are we honestly expected to believe EA/dice when they say that this wasn't changed to bring in new players over Christmas?!?

What a complete waste of time and resources.

I know most disagree but I don't mind the game in the state it's in, I just want new maps.

I mean, unless they made revenue on it. In my case though, even if BFV is left in a good finished state, I am not giving the next BF a good start without intense research on the state of it.