Ban 3rd person view on vehicles

SithMetal71
175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
It's a 1st person shooter, not a 3rd person shooter. Sick of morons in planes who stay on your tail, the only way to do this is in 3rd person view. These so called moron pilots who get lots of kills while in 3rd person view would be nobodies in 1st person perspective.

Comments

• TheMossChoppers
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    3rd person has been in since 6 games back in vehicles...sure it was in BFBC.....been there for while mate
  • WalcalkhIII
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well this game also isn't a mil sim and is by no means exactly realistic. And as Choppers said, it's been in the game for awhile. If you don't want that, then Hardcore would be the mode for you. 
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ban 3x scope without glint on every weapon.
    Lower the amount of explosives an Assault player can take with him
    Fix vehicles being stuck at little rocks and small trees 

Etc Etc Etc ..
  • idk1233211
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 3
    It's a 1st person shooter, not a 3rd person shooter. Sick of morons in planes who stay on your tail, the only way to do this is in 3rd person view. These so called moron pilots who get lots of kills while in 3rd person view would be nobodies in 1st person perspective.
    op you dont know what your talking about.
     and there are plenty of pilots being banned on bf4 for playing on hard core with no 3rd peron view.
  • Noodlesocks
    3631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just want third person bombing reticles gone from planes who don't have bombing sights.
  • WalcalkhIII
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:

Etc Etc Etc ..
    And while we're at it, let's keep killing Battlefield until no one else plays besides those who keep begging for nonsense changes. 
    The whole "scope glint" argument didn't even start until BF1 happened with the Marksman variant of bolt actions having sweetspots but no scope glint. 

BF3 and BF4, everything that fired bullets had access to 2X, 3X, and even 4X optics. SMGs, LMGs. Even three pistols had access to 3X sniper scopes in BF4. I can't speak for Hardline since I personally never played it but I imagine it was the same deal. 
  • idk1233211
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 4
    I just want third person bombing reticles gone from planes who don't have bombing sights.

thats like removing the iron sight from  weapons, makes no sence, how are they supposed to land bombs?

if you dont want to deal with planes play squad conquest.
  • WalcalkhIII

thats like removing the iron sight from  weapons, makes no sence, how are they supposed to land bombs?
    I think he's referring to non bomber planes having access to bomb reticles now as opposed to not having them. Which I never had an issue dumb firing bombs from fighter planes, and this makes it take less effort. 
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:

Etc Etc Etc ..
    And while we're at it, let's keep killing Battlefield until no one else plays besides those who keep begging for nonsense changes. 
    The whole "scope glint" argument didn't even start until BF1 happened with the Marksman variant of bolt actions having sweetspots but no scope glint. 

BF3 and BF4, everything that fired bullets had access to 2X, 3X, and even 4X optics. SMGs, LMGs. Even three pistols had access to 3X sniper scopes in BF4. I can't speak for Hardline since I personally never played it but I imagine it was the same deal. 
    Those sights however had no glint on any weapon, didn't matter whether it was a pistol, AR, LMG, or sniper, none of them got glint unless they had a long scope (6+ magnification)
    People freaked out in BF1 because Scout got marksman variants of their rifles, giving them little to no magnification (2.0x - 3.0x, iirc, not much better than the irons and Galilean sights) and no glint, while other classes had to go with the high magnification sniper variants if they wanted a scope.  That got dragged over to BFV when they gave the 3x to all classes, they kept the glint strictly on Scout.
  • WalcalkhIII
    NLBartmaN said:

Etc Etc Etc ..

Those sights however had no glint on any weapon, didn't matter whether it was a pistol, AR, LMG, or sniper, none of them got glint unless they had a long scope (6+ magnification)
    People freaked out in BF1 because Scout got marksman variants of their rifles, giving them little to no magnification (2.0x - 3.0x, iirc, not much better than the irons and Galilean sights) and no glint, while other classes had to go with the high magnification sniper variants if they wanted a scope.  That got dragged over to BFV when they gave the 3x to all classes, they kept the glint strictly on Scout.
    And they never needed glint in the first place. In BF1 it made sense because of the sweetspot mechanic which was on most of the bolt action rifles (and General Liu rifle, which was iron sight btw and on Medic) but in this game, 3x optics on Snipers are hard to use. And tbh I only ever use 3x optics on select SARs and LMGs. ARs I either run Irons or Reflex sights. So this whole argument about 3x optics needing Scope glint is just beyond me. 
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I think he's referring to non bomber planes having access to bomb reticles now as opposed to not having them. Which I never had an issue dumb firing bombs from fighter planes, and this makes it take less effort. 
    Bombers have actual scopes to drop them. They should be forced to use this to drop their load. And since fighters don´t have such scopes, they´re free to drop them with practice. Worked already before reticles were added. 
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i totally agree. And also ban all 3D spotting. this is the reason why i don't  want to install BF1 again, bc of 3d Spotting. 
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You want it to even be easier to destroy vehicles?

And you want no vehicle ever to come close to an objective/inside enemy borders/from a hill again?

Lots of mechanics need to be changed before they can ever remove the 3rd person view.

Starting with the very low FPS, poor moving mechanics, poor Netcode, poor servers and poor visibility.

If you meant planes only and not ALL vehicles: there is NO dogfighting in this game ... removing 3rd person view will not change anything about that.
  • DingoKillr
    4350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    3rd person has been in since 6 games back in vehicles...sure it was in BFBC.....been there for while mate
    Not a reason to keep.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CptKelso said:
    I tank a good bit on BFV, mainly the pacific maps. I drive in 3rd person and almost always shoot in 1st. Will occasionally snap fire in 3rd when a swarm of ninja assaults come after me. This is not very accurate and many times the shot will miss and I end up getting blown up anyway.
     Shooting only in 1st person would not be as much as a problem as driving. Navigating the map and trying not to get stuck on every pebble and stick would be nearly impossible without 3rd person view. I personally find myself almost getting dizzy when trying to drive in 1st. There is so much vehicle swaying and jarring when moving that I feel seasick in that view.
     I agree that it is annoying when sneaking up on a tank and having the turret suddenly swing around a blast you, almost certainly done in 3rd person view. 
     Don't think that removing 3rd person is practical though. Tanks would be even more campy than the game already forces them to be. 
    This person tanks. 
  • NuttysKunKs
    566 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That’s Another reason why I played hardcore...

The 360 view can be abused so much it’s hiliarious.
  • TectonicGuns
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Problem is driving in BFV 1st person is crap and jumpy.  As a Hardcore BV3 & 4 player, first person driving was much smoother allowing on the run shooting and avoiding rocks, etc.  To get anywhere quickly and accurately in BFV, 3rd person is necessary.  

Solution, make 1st person driving about 25-50% smoother.
  • Noodlesocks
    3631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

if you dont want to deal with planes play squad conquest.

The same way they did before Dice Sweden added them.