Update 6.2 Thoughts and Opinions

WalcalkhIII
58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'm glad to see the gunplay within 50m remains pretty much similar to how it was to 5.0, but without some of the more (imo) sillier gun damages. Semi-autos making a huge comeback ontop of the SMGs acting like proper SMGs, and Assault Rifles (outside the Breda duh) acting like proper ARs. 

Highlight for me was seeing the MGs going to 4-7, with the 7th bullet kicking in at 50m instead of it taking half a mag of FG-42 to just kill a man at 50m. The Type 11 MG getting its velocity buffed also made me happy, as it's become my favourite LMG to run (Medal of Honor Rising Sun for life) for its overall controllable recoil and damage (and the hopper system, which brought back Perino vibes, and the neat sound effect when the clip gets ejected.)

Though, I was thinking the 7th bullet on some of the ARs and MMG/LMGs wouldn't kick in until 60 or 70m, but this works out too. Can't say for certain until Update 6.2 comes out on Thursday (which makes more sense than a Wednesday release since it gives the Dev team more time to flesh the update.) 

Comments

• BeastofBourbon84
    728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good observations but some things are still not clear to me.

- do ars get more recoil?
    - why do shotguns still exist?

Smg damage model for the m2c?!
    I know it's fast but I just can't see it competing against the 1907 now.
  • Killerplautze5XL
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder if scout SLRs get their old rate of fire values back since a lot of the semi-automatic rifles from the assault now only take 3-4 hits again up to 100 meters. Moreover I definitely advocate the buff of bolt-action rifles, however I simply cannot see how higher bullet velocities should add to the viability and effectiveness of the class. I mean for sure it now will be easier to pick up kills at longer ranges, but shouldn’t DICE be rather aiming at a scout class that can play more aggressively? I simply see no fun in camping 200 away from the objective in order to play out the strength of my gun. 
  • Synderz123
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Yesterday I managed to kill some high k/d type 2A user with a shotgun around a corner and I he started giving me verbal abuse from that point onward...

Good. He deserves to suffer.
  • Harro4289
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wont matter after the patch when they nerf the type 2a, because ive noticed lately every try hard using the stg 44.  Dunno why, its obviously the new bandwagon everyone has jumped on, becuase noone has a mind of there own, they have to be told, this is the new scrub weapon so go use it.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Yesterday I managed to kill some high k/d type 2A user with a shotgun around a corner and I he started giving me verbal abuse from that point onward...

Good one I've seen your vids about the inconsistency of the shotties and just hoped they'd do something about that...

When they work it feels good and then in the next engagement you are guned down after getting 3 shots off and he's somehow still at 50hp :neutral:

A few days ago I was oneshot by an Ithaca from about 15 meters which made me wonder if we are dealing with similar problems we had in bf1 where the pelets were randomly distributed in the cone.

With luck you could get them all bunched together in a small zone and therefore kill people well beyond ranges that should have been possible.

If you were unlucky most of your pellets missed.

Afaik they released a fix back then to distribute pellets more evenly within the cone which led to more consistency.
  • Hawxxeye
    7748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Good one I've seen your vids about the inconsistency of the shotties and just hoped they'd do something about that...

When they work it feels good and then in the next engagement you are guned down after getting 3 shots off and he's somehow still at 50hp :neutral:

A few days ago I was oneshot by an Ithaca from about 15 meters which made me wonder if we are dealing with similar problems we had in bf1 where the pelets were randomly distributed in the cone.

With luck you could get them all bunched together in a small zone and therefore kill people well beyond ranges that should have been possible.

If you were unlucky most of your pellets missed.

Afaik they released a fix back then to distribute pellets more evenly within the cone which led to more consistency.
    It needs a fixed pellet spread instead of every shot being a slot machine.
  • TicklinTheMuff
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't worry, Since no one talks about it, The COMMUNITY GAMES UPDATES that we were all informed about have been delayed until UPDATE 10.1!!!
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Harro4289 wrote: »
    Wont matter after the patch when they nerf the type 2a, because ive noticed lately every try hard using the stg 44.  Dunno why, its obviously the new bandwagon everyone has jumped on, becuase noone has a mind of there own, they have to be told, this is the new scrub weapon so go use it.

The STG44 has been a go-to weapon since launch, not because it's a scrub weapon, but because of how it's designed. It's a select fire Assault Rifle with a decent rate of fire, great damage output, and a good mag capacity, that can be equipped with a myriad of optics.

After this patch it will have even more recoil than it does now, so it's performance isn't going to get better unless the only people you ever shoot at like 75+ meters away.

It's not a scrub weapon merely because it's a popular weapon. If the STGs performance is indicative of a scrub weapon, then essentially every fully automatic weapon outside of PDWs in BF4 were scrub weapons.

Stg44 is a try hard scrub weapon and real life reasons are not a excuse for it.
  • Imadis64
    141 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can't wait to try the MG42 again. Played a bit in the last few days to see how it will after the new update. I had switched to the M1919A6 when using Support
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Harro4289 wrote: »

The STG44 has been a go-to weapon since launch, not because it's a scrub weapon, but because of how it's designed. It's a select fire Assault Rifle with a decent rate of fire, great damage output, and a good mag capacity, that can be equipped with a myriad of optics.

After this patch it will have even more recoil than it does now, so it's performance isn't going to get better unless the only people you ever shoot at like 75+ meters away.

It's not a scrub weapon merely because it's a popular weapon. If the STGs performance is indicative of a scrub weapon, then essentially every fully automatic weapon outside of PDWs in BF4 were scrub weapons.

Stg44 is a try hard scrub weapon and real life reasons are not a excuse for it.
    We can give the StG 44 the supposed RoF. I enjoy my popcorn then. The community gives me already all the salt I need. 🍿🦆
  • Krypto_El1te
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No matter what improvements or changes DICE makes but its all useless with no anti cheat active.
    These changes are not important to me at all.....just crap
  • DingoKillr
    4349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is the return to the long range Action man.
    Negative
    - LMG will need to be ADS before challenging a AR/SMG user thanks to their longer draw time and slower ROF. 
    - SLR no point under 50m sure they got a buff in ROF but so did SAR along with damage.
    - Shotguns will suck unless your at melee distance and not using the model 37.
    - Pistol Carbine maybe if less then 10m but with ROF dropping to 360, no thanks.
    - Bolt-Action Carbines 1 out of  3 will be ok, just like now. 
    - AMR suck now for range, so still going to be the under 50m infantry ambusher.

Positive
    - A stationary MMG can now be as effective as AR/SMG. 
    - No change to how most SMG operate might even have some more range efficiencies from 30m to 50m. 
    - SAR and AR the big winners.
  • GrizzGolf
    1413 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is the return to the long range Action man.
    Negative
    - LMG will need to be ADS before challenging a AR/SMG user thanks to their longer draw time and slower ROF. 
    - SLR no point under 50m sure they got a buff in ROF but so did SAR along with damage.
    - Shotguns will suck unless your at melee distance and not using the model 37.
    - Pistol Carbine maybe if less then 10m but with ROF dropping to 360, no thanks.
    - Bolt-Action Carbines 1 out of  3 will be ok, just like now. 
    - AMR suck now for range, so still going to be the under 50m infantry ambusher.

Positive
    - A stationary MMG can now be as effective as AR/SMG. 
    - No change to how most SMG operate might even have some more range efficiencies from 30m to 50m. 
    - SAR and AR the big winners.
    I'll take the postive
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was hoping for work to be done on the orbital flares, or making the corsair as formidable as the zero considering it was actually a better plane than the zero IRL. Some changes to make it so I could tank and enjoy myself within pacific servers where my side has weaker planes than the other side. Like removing the bomb sights they added to planes there, or making it so the Sherman or type 97 can't be OHK'ed by 2x bombs now infantry have bazooka's. 

Never mind.     
  • xxxThug1xxx
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Was hoping to see more done in the patch.

Working Anti-cheat
    Team balancing
    Hope they have fixed issues with netcode
    Make assignment available to change in game
    More recoil added to automatics
    More accuracy penalty for movement while firing
    Changing some assignment to better fit the weapons
    Better server browser
    True RSP with ability to do third party servers
    Removal of some spotting, no more you're shot at you're spotted, no more flares for planes and tanks
    Removal of third person view on tanks/armor

• WalcalkhIII
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Was hoping to see more done in the patch.

Working Anti-cheat
    Team balancing
    Hope they have fixed issues with netcode
    Make assignment available to change in game
    More recoil added to automatics
    More accuracy penalty for movement while firing
    Changing some assignment to better fit the weapons
    Better server browser
    True RSP with ability to do third party servers
    Removal of some spotting, no more you're shot at you're spotted, no more flares for planes and tanks
    Removal of third person view on tanks/armor

Instead of removing flares from tanks and planes... Why not make it to where if you stand still or if you're crouch walking (not running,) then you don't get spotted by Spotting Flares? Battlefield 3 and 4 had it for that when it came to Motion Sensors and the T-UGS, BF1 had a perk that allowed you to do it too. 
    For spotting from suppression/one bullet from someone with the Sniper trait, I say adjust the time you're spotted or fix Suppression to where if you're behind proper cover, then it doesn't affect you. Can't tell how many times I was behind cover but was still Suppression spotted because of bullets still going past. 
    Removing 3rd perspective isn't gonna happen, unless they decide to add Hardcore to the game, which in that it's disabled by default. 
    Hard disagree on adding more recoil. It'll just end up becoming a game more about just fighting unrealistic recoil, which will just end up bringing us back to BF1's random bullet deviation but in recoil format. 
    I agree with the assignments. 
    Never seen an issue with accuracy whilst on the move, since some guns have the specializations that allow it. 
    RSP, just so people can get banned again for actually being good at the game? I'd say yes if there was options to report admin abuse. 
    The server browser I'm used to by this point. 
    Yes on team balancing but not "hey you died once, now you're on the other team." Make it more fleshed out and make it reasonable. 
    PS4 player here, haven't had any experiences with cheaters far as I could tell (been playing since launch)