Community Broadcast: Weapon Adjustments in 6.2

Comments

• MusicienElegant
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trois heures de plus.
  • Texator
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Aperture sights (x2zoom) om M2 carbine are bugged .it gives no zoom while aiming trought them.i compared with stg and in there zoom appear.

Oh, good you noticed that too.
    I noticed it this morning but it was before i had my first coffee and i was not sure if it is really bugged or i am still too tired.
  • RietN7
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any plans on further tweaking the shotguns? I very, very rarely see anybody use them outside of metro. Consistently shooting 3/4 shots @ 10-20 meters seems to be very excessive compared to past games. Slugs also appear to be in the same camp with 3 shots required for kills outside of 20 or so meters.
    Finally someone that gets it. I've mained shotguns since bf3. and they are completely useless in bf5. you lose a 1v1 to a freeking pistol these days. like wat. 

I legit started using Boys AT rifle as my main since it works better close quarters than a shotgun and with enough practice can be used for long range as well. + i can pester tanks. It is sad that they removed the ability to damage buildings tho... 
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So Turner Meta is back. Nice.
  • VOLBANKER
    1598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:

Yes, Action Man is back..
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    VincentNZ said:

Yes, Action Man is back..

I'd argue that the SARs are even better than before, as all automatic weapons are worse than in 5.0 in their designated niche from 0-30m. The only correct move to have a more balanced game would have been to draw the following conclusion from 5.0: That health attrition is an awful mechanic and should be removed.
  • JamieCurnock
    727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I'd argue that the SARs are even better than before, as all automatic weapons are worse than in 5.0 in their designated niche from 0-30m. The only correct move to have a more balanced game would have been to draw the following conclusion from 5.0: That health attrition is an awful mechanic and should be removed.

I like the health attrition, it's a welcome addition to bf for me and made me think more tactically. It would have my vote to remain permanently.
  • -1xThugx1-
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well after playing with the patch

Still have reload glitch on some guns where it does one bullet or half the ammo
    Sound is better but not much
    AR's still dominate 0-40 meters because to little recoil , still easy to control and be to laser like in accuracy
    semi autos s have improved
    Bazooka can 1 hit kill a plane

• JamieCurnock
    727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    -1xThugx1- wrote: »

Still have reload glitch on some guns where it does one bullet or half the ammoSound is better but not muchAR's still dominate 0-40 meters because to little recoil , still easy to control and be to laser like in accuracy

Are you on PC or console?

Lots of complaints about recoil but no one acknowledges that there is a vast difference between managing recoil with a m&k vs a controller. So yes, on PC maybe the recoil is to low but on console it's not. I wish they would balance them differently (I know they won't do that tho, too much work I guess) as it leads to blanket statements like "the game has no recoil" which is just completely untrue, on console at least.
  • -1xThugx1-
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 5

Still have reload glitch on some guns where it does one bullet or half the ammoSound is better but not muchAR's still dominate 0-40 meters because to little recoil , still easy to control and be to laser like in accuracy

Are you on PC or console?

Lots of complaints about recoil but no one acknowledges that there is a vast difference between managing recoil with a m&k vs a controller. So yes, on PC maybe the recoil is to low but on console it's not. I wish they would balance them differently (I know they won't do that tho, too much work I guess) as it leads to blanket statements like "the game has no recoil" which is just completely untrue, on console at least.

I am playing on PC
  • JamieCurnock
    edited March 5
    (Quote)
    I am playing on PC

Ah ok. Yep, lots of people agree with you about the recoil on PC, at least on here it seems they do.

I don't think console is unmanageable recoil at all but it is def not the easy recoil people talk about on PC and is seen on Yt vids.
  • CT1924
    1138 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why do the vast majority of guns not get recoil? The Stg44, Stg1-5, M1907SF, etc, are all staying the same.
  • bran1986
    5900 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 5
    Assaultfield V is back! SARs are laughably broken because automatics are weaker than they were in 5.0. SMGs had their bullets replaced with cotton balls.
  • bran1986
    5900 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 wrote: »
    Why do the vast majority of guns not get recoil? The Stg44, Stg1-5, M1907SF, etc, are all staying the same.

Why use those guns when SARs exist?
  • TFBisquit
    2216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With 3x scope on stg44 and ads zoom off, the recoil was significant with 5.2.2.
    Manageable ? Yes sure. But even with nydar I saw my bullets spread a bit, so definitely no laser.
    Now that's on PC, and if one uses very high fov, enables ads zoom, then recoil seems to be almost gone. Seems.
    I have ads zoom off, or else even 1x sight don't zoom in. Recoil was always more on the stg44 compared to many other weapons. It's just that it had a better damage model, or it seemed more bullets hit the target, better range, that made it better than other weapons.
    I feel they balanced the stg44 on purpose like this, as a base model for 6.2 patch. Hence why it's left untouched more or less.
  • rorypreston
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Has the update supposed to have taken effect in the UK yet? Tank body still says coming soon
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

I like the health attrition, it's a welcome addition to bf for me and made me think more tactically. It would have my vote to remain permanently.

I disagree and think it is the single issue why gunplay is unsatisfying and frustrating in this game. For this perceived "tactical element" many imbalances are created. For one it increases the versatility of the Assault, as light infantry will feel it less, Medic will not feel it at all and has a constant flow of health incoming, while Support and Recon will be heavily affected.
    Secondly it is the reason why SMGs will always have to be an inferior choice in engagements beyond hipfire, while the lack of health attrition will make the Medic rule with no counter at close range, as they can simply keep on fighting, which brings me to the third issue, which is map design. The awful maps of this game for one have long sightlines, which means you can easily be hit from afar inflicting attrition and will make you lose your next fight. At the same time they also funnel these attritioned players and many others into tiny areas where they will die fast naturally, since they can never recover, they just get weaker.
    The tactical aspect of attrition is limited to needing to reroute to the nearest supply station or locating to an active comrade. It also heavily favours the merry go-around the flags and it makes attacking defenses harder and frustrating. It is not tactical to remove a certain option once you got hit for more than 30 damage. And pressing T after attrition is mandatory, as othwerwise you will statistically lose the next gunfight.
    Attrition is dumb and should not be a  part of a casual game. If HC is added at some point Dice can include even more harsh conditions but Core mode must be free from this abomination. For both infantry and vehicles. Even in current form it sucks lots of fun out of the game.
  • Killerplautze5XL
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @VincentNZ also there is another problem alongside bad map designs, it is the lack of bullet spread. Everyone can simply hold down the trigger and can easily land some shots on target at all ranges. So you take damage from all kinds of weapons at all ranges. And once you have used your healing you are ad a big disadvantage as you have already stated. Often you cannot even heal up fully because there are simply so many bullets sprayed in your general direction that you simply cannot evade them all, so that you can sometimes only heal up to like 50-60 health again before you get hit again. If you ask me there are also too many 3x scopes in the game.
  • -1xThugx1-
    They also need to get rid of some of the spotting aspects of the game. Spotted by recon flares, tank flares, plane flares, spotting scope, shot at by tanks machine guns, shot at by sniper rifles, shot by support class, its like there are way to many ways to be spotted in this game and try to play a tactile approach at flags.