Will all the hardcore veterans move from Battlefield soon?

YUKnowWhatItIz
340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited March 4
Don't get me wrong, battlefield is cool, but we may be getting another shooter soon.

So Insurgency Sandstorm just got a release date for consoles on August 25th. I've never played the game before, but everything looks more raw and I like it. The gun sounds, recoil, and most importantly the damage. I'm excited to give it a try. I've been wanted a 70/30 realistic shooter on console for years. Insurgency may just be that game.

Comments

• NASTYNEIL357
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I will be getting it looks good.
    There was a rumour the new Xbox could support steam so that will open up a whole new world of games. Hope it comes true.
  • trip1ex
    5183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
     if i wanted a game like Insurgency I'd be moving from CS not BF.  
  • Noodlesocks
    3532 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's plenty of those hardcore games available already on PC but there's no more casual war games on the scale of Battlefield anywhere anymore.
  • SICIOUS
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Many will stay. Why not give hardcore players a safe space to play DICE? It could make the game less punishing for casual player in regular modes.
  • NuttysKunKs
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Been playing hardcore since 2006 and really disappointed in BFV.

It seems like a filler title to me. Very rushed.

I find it funny how easy games are getting. BFVietnam was 3 bullets to kill at any range with an AK-47.

No health packs or ammo - just ammo and health stations at objectives like now.

I think ultimately making games easier makes kids poorer players since you don’t have to learn as much...
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We would have all moved on already if there was something to move on to. Unfortunately there’s no other game like BF, so here we are.

(Amazing to me that no other game company has realized that BF’s 10+ million community is easily up for grabs. Just copy it, call it something else, and make it not on Frostcrap and abandon all the lootbox/fortnite Bs... boom, done)
  • xKusagamix
    1121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We would have all moved on already if there was something to move on to. Unfortunately there’s no other game like BF, so here we are.

(Amazing to me that no other game company has realized that BF’s 10+ million community is easily up for grabs. Just copy it, call it something else, and make it not on Frostcrap and abandon all the lootbox/fortnite Bs... boom, done)
    They did, that's why WW3 exist. But then DICE has 18 years of experience for this game franchiae so it's not that easy to make a game that just as good as Battlefield. COD tried with new MW and they didn't really success aren't they.
  • JamieCurnock
    728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Been watching some YT vids, it looks great. It looks different enough from bf that I think I would prob play them both.
  • YUKnowWhatItIz
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 5
    There's plenty of those hardcore games available already on PC but there's no more casual war games on the scale of Battlefield anywhere anymore.
    Of course there's hardcore games on PC but some of us don't have the money or time for that. On console there are no complex shooters. From what I've read, Insurgency will have a count of 32 which isn't that bad if the maps are right. And there's vehicle support, though you can't fly like in battlefield. 

Look into Insurgency Sandstorm, it looks very promising. 

• L3wY_9507
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'll try that Insurgency Sandstorm game, but I won't leave Battlefield.