No TTK Penalty for New Players

13»

Comments

  • The_BERG_366
    2781 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What are you actually saying in that rambling incoherent post @The_BERG_366

    Are you implying bigger hit boxes on heads for low ranked players?

    I’m imagining a world where the hit boxes are like bobble heads.

    Honestly this is a ridiculous thread and it’s how Conspiracies get started due to ppl pushing false narratives with no actual proof of the tosh that’s spewing from their food holes.

    Im not implying anything, cause i simply don't know. as I said, I'm not even sure if there is a reason (something other than a simple coincidence) for this in the first place.

    Like I said above, it’s auto aim... I’ve seen an increase in headshots across the board from both low level players and high level players ever since DICE messed up and enabled this single player feature for multiplayer. It’s a known issue. I’m hoping that it will be disabled again with 6.2.
    you repeatedly claiming this won't change anything about my opinion. im not just gonna adopt what you said simply because you said it, hence i will express my own opinion in my reply. is that ok for you?

    also snap on aim assist doesnt really help with sniping shots at range, unless you would want to imply that these people quickscoped me. 
  • PeaceWeaver
    210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    you repeatedly claiming this won't change anything about my opinion. im not just gonna adopt what you said simply because you said it, hence i will express my own opinion in my reply. is that ok for you?

    also snap on aim assist doesnt really help with sniping shots at range, unless you would want to imply that these people quickscoped me. 

    Okay...

    I choose to rely on logic and common sense rather than conspiracy theories, but hey, that’s just me.
  • The_BERG_366
    2781 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    you repeatedly claiming this won't change anything about my opinion. im not just gonna adopt what you said simply because you said it, hence i will express my own opinion in my reply. is that ok for you?

    also snap on aim assist doesnt really help with sniping shots at range, unless you would want to imply that these people quickscoped me. 

    Okay...

    I choose to rely on logic and common sense rather than conspiracy theories, but hey, that’s just me.

    unfortunately your explanation isn't consluive due to the reason I mentioned.
    also you should consider the fact that I don't claim to have an explanation. I'm aware that I lack information to make any kind of valid conslusions regarding a possible cause, hence I don't. now being consistent with this mindset leads me to refuse any kind of explanation that isn't supported well enough, like yours. apparently you can't accept someone not just blindly believing what you said. if you want to convince people of your theories you might wanna try to convince them with arguments rather than just persisting on their truth.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No there is no mechanic in this game hat will change TTK according to your rank. Also saying "prove me wrong", when no proof is given in the first place is certainly a stupid approach. Now why is this perceived as an issue?
    1. People can absolutely be good in a game, right off the bat.
    2. People can have multiple accounts, for whatever reason.
    3. Players initial learning curve will be high, as they accomodate to the basics and special mechanics of each game fast and will then only gradually improve as they slowly reach their ability limit. So long-time players with low or average stats will be overtaken fast, by anyone.
    4. You are playing a game full of chaos with 63 other players, which is basically just a constant chain of chances and random events. In that regard it is absolutely possible for anyone to reach the top of the scoreboard via kills or score. It is just how statistics work.
    5. The players perception is flawed and can not be objective. You see a guy pulling off a long headshot. You look him up to see he is a level 6 with 30 kills at the end of the round. You then deduce this is out of the ordinary, which already is incorrect, as you have no idea how these kills were accumulated. Could have been with a tank in BT, which would greatly increase the chances for streaks. This is also pretty typical with a very limited dataset of one round that you will usually have. If people actually followed these suspicious players actively, you would notice that it all evens out.
  • DingoKillr
    4352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    No there is no mechanic in this game hat will change TTK according to your rank. Also saying "prove me wrong", when no proof is given in the first place is certainly a stupid approach. Now why is this perceived as an issue?
    1. People can absolutely be good in a game, right off the bat.
    2. People can have multiple accounts, for whatever reason.
    3. Players initial learning curve will be high, as they accomodate to the basics and special mechanics of each game fast and will then only gradually improve as they slowly reach their ability limit. So long-time players with low or average stats will be overtaken fast, by anyone.
    4. You are playing a game full of chaos with 63 other players, which is basically just a constant chain of chances and random events. In that regard it is absolutely possible for anyone to reach the top of the scoreboard via kills or score. It is just how statistics work.
    5. The players perception is flawed and can not be objective. You see a guy pulling off a long headshot. You look him up to see he is a level 6 with 30 kills at the end of the round. You then deduce this is out of the ordinary, which already is incorrect, as you have no idea how these kills were accumulated. Could have been with a tank in BT, which would greatly increase the chances for streaks. This is also pretty typical with a very limited dataset of one round that you will usually have. If people actually followed these suspicious players actively, you would notice that it all evens out.
    5) Right headshot kills only even thru cover, requires intensive studying of multiple dataset. 
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    No there is no mechanic in this game hat will change TTK according to your rank. Also saying "prove me wrong", when no proof is given in the first place is certainly a stupid approach. Now why is this perceived as an issue?
    1. People can absolutely be good in a game, right off the bat.
    2. People can have multiple accounts, for whatever reason.
    3. Players initial learning curve will be high, as they accomodate to the basics and special mechanics of each game fast and will then only gradually improve as they slowly reach their ability limit. So long-time players with low or average stats will be overtaken fast, by anyone.
    4. You are playing a game full of chaos with 63 other players, which is basically just a constant chain of chances and random events. In that regard it is absolutely possible for anyone to reach the top of the scoreboard via kills or score. It is just how statistics work.
    5. The players perception is flawed and can not be objective. You see a guy pulling off a long headshot. You look him up to see he is a level 6 with 30 kills at the end of the round. You then deduce this is out of the ordinary, which already is incorrect, as you have no idea how these kills were accumulated. Could have been with a tank in BT, which would greatly increase the chances for streaks. This is also pretty typical with a very limited dataset of one round that you will usually have. If people actually followed these suspicious players actively, you would notice that it all evens out.
    5) Right headshot kills only even thru cover, requires intensive studying of multiple dataset. 

    Yes, of course, if your conclusion stems from dying to a player once on the basis that your head should not have been visible and/or hitable. The point of this thread is to figure if there is a mechanic in this game that helps low rank players to kill faster, which can be pretty much ruled out, simply via applying common sense.
  • PeaceWeaver
    210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    you repeatedly claiming this won't change anything about my opinion. im not just gonna adopt what you said simply because you said it, hence i will express my own opinion in my reply. is that ok for you?

    also snap on aim assist doesnt really help with sniping shots at range, unless you would want to imply that these people quickscoped me. 

    Okay...

    I choose to rely on logic and common sense rather than conspiracy theories, but hey, that’s just me.

    unfortunately your explanation isn't consluive due to the reason I mentioned.
    also you should consider the fact that I don't claim to have an explanation. I'm aware that I lack information to make any kind of valid conslusions regarding a possible cause, hence I don't. now being consistent with this mindset leads me to refuse any kind of explanation that isn't supported well enough, like yours. apparently you can't accept someone not just blindly believing what you said. if you want to convince people of your theories you might wanna try to convince them with arguments rather than just persisting on their truth.

    I’m not trying to make you “blindly believe” anything. This is my argument, and I think it’s sound:

    You’re seeing a recent uptick in headshots at the exact same time that DICE accidentally enabled a single player feature that makes it easier for players to aim. While I can’t provide you definitive proof (I don’t work at DICE or have access to their data), this feature is the likeliest explanation for what you’re seeing, period, given the timing and given the videos we’ve seen of how this feature works. The advantage provided by this feature is granted not only to low level players, but to everyone. You remember the low level headshots more than the high level headshots because no one expects a new player to land a difficult headshot. Remembering the unusual over the expected is just how human memory works.

    In short, what makes more sense? (1) there’s an increase in headshots lately due to the recent enabling of a feature that makes it possible to auto snap onto another player when you ADS close to their location, or (2) DICE wants noobs to stick it out longer in the game, so they’ve secretly introduced some sort of mechanic that looks at account age and somehow grants them more headshots? The way you phrased your original post makes you sound suspicious that something potentially sneaky is going on at the code level due to “dices obvious attempts to make the game more accessible for newer players.” You said you had no explanation for what you’re seeing. I offered you the likeliest explanation, and you got defensive with me and said you were going to “refuse” any explanation that didn’t offer enough proof. Only DICE can provide you the hard data, but I really do not think this is some grand conspiracy theory, my dude... Just think about it logically.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We have to see it as ticks and tocks.
    A programming team can say: after so many ticks we introduce a tock.
    This is perfectly doable, just as with slot machines.
    So for instance, after several deaths the game grants you a one hit kill. You aimed at his bottom but get a headshot. The victim will think he was hit from multiple directions and see no evil in it.
    I feel this is the case in this game, but whether this is actually the case, is highly debatable and only the devs would know this.
    I don't believe in low level advantages, I haven't noticed them myself. I would go for banned players on a fresh account, Smurf accounts etc etc.
    There will also be the occasional player that has good response from ea servers and a natural skill/incentive to do good from the start.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    you repeatedly claiming this won't change anything about my opinion. im not just gonna adopt what you said simply because you said it, hence i will express my own opinion in my reply. is that ok for you?

    also snap on aim assist doesnt really help with sniping shots at range, unless you would want to imply that these people quickscoped me. 

    Okay...

    I choose to rely on logic and common sense rather than conspiracy theories, but hey, that’s just me.

    unfortunately your explanation isn't consluive due to the reason I mentioned.
    also you should consider the fact that I don't claim to have an explanation. I'm aware that I lack information to make any kind of valid conslusions regarding a possible cause, hence I don't. now being consistent with this mindset leads me to refuse any kind of explanation that isn't supported well enough, like yours. apparently you can't accept someone not just blindly believing what you said. if you want to convince people of your theories you might wanna try to convince them with arguments rather than just persisting on their truth.

    I’m not trying to make you “blindly believe” anything. This is my argument, and I think it’s sound:

    You’re seeing a recent uptick in headshots at the exact same time that DICE accidentally enabled a single player feature that makes it easier for players to aim. While I can’t provide you definitive proof (I don’t work at DICE or have access to their data), this feature is the likeliest explanation for what you’re seeing, period, given the timing and given the videos we’ve seen of how this feature works. The advantage provided by this feature is granted not only to low level players, but to everyone. You remember the low level headshots more than the high level headshots because no one expects a new player to land a difficult headshot. Remembering the unusual over the expected is just how human memory works.

    In short, what makes more sense? (1) there’s an increase in headshots lately due to the recent enabling of a feature that makes it possible to auto snap onto another player when you ADS close to their location, or (2) DICE wants noobs to stick it out longer in the game, so they’ve secretly introduced some sort of mechanic that looks at account age and somehow grants them more headshots? The way you phrased your original post makes you sound suspicious that something potentially sneaky is going on at the code level due to “dices obvious attempts to make the game more accessible for newer players.” You said you had no explanation for what you’re seeing. I offered you the likeliest explanation, and you got defensive with me and said you were going to “refuse” any explanation that didn’t offer enough proof. Only DICE can provide you the hard data, but I really do not think this is some grand conspiracy theory, my dude... Just think about it logically.
    Thinking about it logically leads to the conclusion that it's probably all in your head and there is zero back end bias. That would be option number 3 that would make the most sense and would be the most likely.
  • Trokey66
    9160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 5
    I bought a yellow car because I hardly ever saw a yellow car and wanted something different.

    Within a day of buying said yellow car, I noticed 3 other yellow cars of the exact same make and model of my yellow car.

    Think about it......
  • BeastofBourbon84
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    I bought a yellow car because I hardly ever saw a yellow car and wanted something different.

    Within a day of buying said yellow car, I noticed 3 other yellow cars of the exact same make and model of my yellow car.

    Think about it......

    What are the odds!!! :smiley:
  • KMAsterisk
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    I bought a yellow car because I hardly ever saw a yellow car and wanted something different.

    Within a day of buying said yellow car, I noticed 3 other yellow cars of the exact same make and model of my yellow car.

    Think about it......

    What are the odds!!! :smiley:

    It's because of the automatic transmission, when they were manual clutch only there were far fewer.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's those zoomers I'm telling ya!
  • Trokey66
    9160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KMAsterisk wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    I bought a yellow car because I hardly ever saw a yellow car and wanted something different.

    Within a day of buying said yellow car, I noticed 3 other yellow cars of the exact same make and model of my yellow car.

    Think about it......

    What are the odds!!! :smiley:

    It's because of the automatic transmission, when they were manual clutch only there were far fewer.

    Not in the UK, automatics are the exception and definitely not the norm.
  • KMAsterisk
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    KMAsterisk wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    I bought a yellow car because I hardly ever saw a yellow car and wanted something different.

    Within a day of buying said yellow car, I noticed 3 other yellow cars of the exact same make and model of my yellow car.

    Think about it......

    What are the odds!!! :smiley:

    It's because of the automatic transmission, when they were manual clutch only there were far fewer.

    Not in the UK, automatics are the exception and definitely not the norm.

    Pffft... luckily across the pond we have our priorities straight. A shifter on the floor requires you to take one of your hands off the wheel, and when you're trying to text or do makeup that just compounds the risk factor.
  • The_BERG_366
    2781 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    you repeatedly claiming this won't change anything about my opinion. im not just gonna adopt what you said simply because you said it, hence i will express my own opinion in my reply. is that ok for you?

    also snap on aim assist doesnt really help with sniping shots at range, unless you would want to imply that these people quickscoped me. 

    Okay...

    I choose to rely on logic and common sense rather than conspiracy theories, but hey, that’s just me.

    unfortunately your explanation isn't consluive due to the reason I mentioned.
    also you should consider the fact that I don't claim to have an explanation. I'm aware that I lack information to make any kind of valid conslusions regarding a possible cause, hence I don't. now being consistent with this mindset leads me to refuse any kind of explanation that isn't supported well enough, like yours. apparently you can't accept someone not just blindly believing what you said. if you want to convince people of your theories you might wanna try to convince them with arguments rather than just persisting on their truth.

    I’m not trying to make you “blindly believe” anything. This is my argument, and I think it’s sound:

    You’re seeing a recent uptick in headshots at the exact same time that DICE accidentally enabled a single player feature that makes it easier for players to aim. While I can’t provide you definitive proof (I don’t work at DICE or have access to their data), this feature is the likeliest explanation for what you’re seeing, period, given the timing and given the videos we’ve seen of how this feature works. The advantage provided by this feature is granted not only to low level players, but to everyone. You remember the low level headshots more than the high level headshots because no one expects a new player to land a difficult headshot. Remembering the unusual over the expected is just how human memory works.

    In short, what makes more sense? (1) there’s an increase in headshots lately due to the recent enabling of a feature that makes it possible to auto snap onto another player when you ADS close to their location, or (2) DICE wants noobs to stick it out longer in the game, so they’ve secretly introduced some sort of mechanic that looks at account age and somehow grants them more headshots? The way you phrased your original post makes you sound suspicious that something potentially sneaky is going on at the code level due to “dices obvious attempts to make the game more accessible for newer players.” You said you had no explanation for what you’re seeing. I offered you the likeliest explanation, and you got defensive with me and said you were going to “refuse” any explanation that didn’t offer enough proof. Only DICE can provide you the hard data, but I really do not think this is some grand conspiracy theory, my dude... Just think about it logically.

    it's not very likely due to the reasons I mentioned. First, the main point was that these shots are being pulled off by low levels almost exclusively, which isn't explained by your theory. secondly, and most importantly, snap on aim assist doesn't help with such shots unless the players quickscope which is highly unlikely given the circumstances.
    and even if it was the most likely one I still don't have to accept it, yet still you persisted on it after I ignored your first reply. you say you don't expect me to blindly belive you. why, I have to ask myself, do you feel the need to comment the same thing a second time under a reply of mine to another user that had nothing to do with that in the first place.

    also I'm well aware of this kind of bias in memory and I hence (after first feeling like something odd is going on) was very aware of each such incident, expecting it to be low levels. there's no narrative I want to push and I didn't just see what I wanted to see. I was genuinely interested in investigating this. I can in fact vividly recall the few incidents where it was NOT low levels because that turned into the unexpected.
    additionally you're using circular argumentation here. you say becssue it's impossible that it has anything to do with level it must be observation or memory bias and hence there is actually no difference in regards to levels. the bias is a thing and I'm aware of it and even if I didn't manage to control it I can't see why you feel like you're in the position to judge about if an how it affected me.

    again I don't care what makes more sense because I'm not just gonna act like what I see as "most likely" is the absolute truth. anyways to me option two seems more likely because (again) option one really doesn't have such effects, due to the reasons mentioned multiple times by now.
    also it's funny how you claim that I get "defensive". you chose to double post the same idea despite me not showing any reaction to your first reply. I thought ignoring your reply would be sufficient but as it wasn't I had to be a little more firm in telling you that I don't think that your explanation is the right one and that I'm not just gonna adopt it. I am in deed suspicious but thst doesn't mean that I'm convinced of a conspiracy, I'm simply not excluding the possibility which you seem to be unable to accept.
    I didn't say that about proof. I initially said that I would refuse any explanation thst isnt supported well enough. again, as i said multiple times by now, your explanation doesn't make sense. and as long as you don't provide any explanation to my doubts I gonna keep refusing it. its as simple as that.
  • BuLetZ4U
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, I'm in the thinking that dice have been fecking with my account since bf2 when I put half a clip into a player @ spitting distance only to be killed by 1 shot from a bolt action. Spotted the moment I spawn, constantly getting stuck in debris, unable to spawn unless I leave the game, unable to hear players three feet away LMFAO with the great balance and dam love those high pingers lagging the fecking game and yes love the new anti-cheat system good job! love the new update. ort it out FFS or get somebody who knows how to.
  • MrCamp121
    1168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    you repeatedly claiming this won't change anything about my opinion. im not just gonna adopt what you said simply because you said it, hence i will express my own opinion in my reply. is that ok for you?

    also snap on aim assist doesnt really help with sniping shots at range, unless you would want to imply that these people quickscoped me. 

    Okay...

    I choose to rely on logic and common sense rather than conspiracy theories, but hey, that’s just me.

    unfortunately your explanation isn't consluive due to the reason I mentioned.
    also you should consider the fact that I don't claim to have an explanation. I'm aware that I lack information to make any kind of valid conslusions regarding a possible cause, hence I don't. now being consistent with this mindset leads me to refuse any kind of explanation that isn't supported well enough, like yours. apparently you can't accept someone not just blindly believing what you said. if you want to convince people of your theories you might wanna try to convince them with arguments rather than just persisting on their truth.

    I’m not trying to make you “blindly believe” anything. This is my argument, and I think it’s sound:

    You’re seeing a recent uptick in headshots at the exact same time that DICE accidentally enabled a single player feature that makes it easier for players to aim. While I can’t provide you definitive proof (I don’t work at DICE or have access to their data), this feature is the likeliest explanation for what you’re seeing, period, given the timing and given the videos we’ve seen of how this feature works. The advantage provided by this feature is granted not only to low level players, but to everyone. You remember the low level headshots more than the high level headshots because no one expects a new player to land a difficult headshot. Remembering the unusual over the expected is just how human memory works.

    In short, what makes more sense? (1) there’s an increase in headshots lately due to the recent enabling of a feature that makes it possible to auto snap onto another player when you ADS close to their location, or (2) DICE wants noobs to stick it out longer in the game, so they’ve secretly introduced some sort of mechanic that looks at account age and somehow grants them more headshots? The way you phrased your original post makes you sound suspicious that something potentially sneaky is going on at the code level due to “dices obvious attempts to make the game more accessible for newer players.” You said you had no explanation for what you’re seeing. I offered you the likeliest explanation, and you got defensive with me and said you were going to “refuse” any explanation that didn’t offer enough proof. Only DICE can provide you the hard data, but I really do not think this is some grand conspiracy theory, my dude... Just think about it logically.

    it's not very likely due to the reasons I mentioned. First, the main point was that these shots are being pulled off by low levels almost exclusively, which isn't explained by your theory. secondly, and most importantly, snap on aim assist doesn't help with such shots unless the players quickscope which is highly unlikely given the circumstances.
    and even if it was the most likely one I still don't have to accept it, yet still you persisted on it after I ignored your first reply. you say you don't expect me to blindly belive you. why, I have to ask myself, do you feel the need to comment the same thing a second time under a reply of mine to another user that had nothing to do with that in the first place.

    also I'm well aware of this kind of bias in memory and I hence (after first feeling like something odd is going on) was very aware of each such incident, expecting it to be low levels. there's no narrative I want to push and I didn't just see what I wanted to see. I was genuinely interested in investigating this. I can in fact vividly recall the few incidents where it was NOT low levels because that turned into the unexpected.
    additionally you're using circular argumentation here. you say becssue it's impossible that it has anything to do with level it must be observation or memory bias and hence there is actually no difference in regards to levels. the bias is a thing and I'm aware of it and even if I didn't manage to control it I can't see why you feel like you're in the position to judge about if an how it affected me.

    again I don't care what makes more sense because I'm not just gonna act like what I see as "most likely" is the absolute truth. anyways to me option two seems more likely because (again) option one really doesn't have such effects, due to the reasons mentioned multiple times by now.
    also it's funny how you claim that I get "defensive". you chose to double post the same idea despite me not showing any reaction to your first reply. I thought ignoring your reply would be sufficient but as it wasn't I had to be a little more firm in telling you that I don't think that your explanation is the right one and that I'm not just gonna adopt it. I am in deed suspicious but thst doesn't mean that I'm convinced of a conspiracy, I'm simply not excluding the possibility which you seem to be unable to accept.
    I didn't say that about proof. I initially said that I would refuse any explanation thst isnt supported well enough. again, as i said multiple times by now, your explanation doesn't make sense. and as long as you don't provide any explanation to my doubts I gonna keep refusing it. its as simple as that.

    Trust me..youre not the only one whos noticed it.

    Some absolutely interesting stuff from the few rounds i alt+f4 from just now. Swear i was legit getting shot through the ground too
Sign In or Register to comment.