Not mentioned nerfs and buffs for (pacific) planes

Terminator000001
1001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited March 6
Just played a couple of rounds and I noticed this:

- The machinegun from the Zero A6M2 deals less damage per bullet. It takes way longer to kill a Corsair

- The Corsair A finally has finned barrels instead of the glassed cockpit

- There´s a drop delay now for the 2x 500lb bombs. Additionally with the nerfed 3rd person reticle, it is waaay more harder to one hit a tank. But nothing that can be achieved again with practice

- Spotting for planes got massively buffed. I see icons from miles away. Only the specific class will be shown if you´re closer

- The 8x Missiles from the Spitfire VB and the Mosquito got massively buffed. IIMechatronikII already showed the reddit post, but I also did a few example kills 

Evenfull health Sturmtiger are no problem with this. Also the Air-to-Air capabilities aren´t that bad. They´re at least a great support or finisher.

I´ll keep this updated when I notice more.
Post edited by Terminator000001 on

Comments

• ElliotLH
    9438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    - Spotting for planes got massively buffed. I see icons from miles away. Only the specific class will be shown if you´re closer

Wonder if that's a byproduct of that bug getting fixed?
  • SirBobdk
    5298 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GJ  @Terminator000001 thanks.
  • Sapelogue
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Auto straightening up after a dive, fighters are heavier than before. They buffed rockets too (faster at least and reduced the cooldown)
  • Terminator000001
    1001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Maybe. Just noticed that in the patch notes. 🦆
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    auto pitch up on planes i dont know if it`s a bug or intended planes always pitch up now , the other things you have mentioned are true too, add to them plane speeds have been reduced even with the upgrade engine .
  • ElliotLH
    9438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Maybe. Just noticed that in the patch notes. 🦆

Certainly sounds like a nice buff though. I'm looking forwards to trying it out.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It would be awesome if I can tank both US and Japan on good maps like pacific storm with a sense of having a good time. I totally want planes to be great, but I'd feel so much better if OHK on full health as a tank if it was due to real skill from a pilot. Fingers crossed. 

Thank for the info OP. 
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 5
    Things have changed with tank v tanks too, and I'm almost scared to say how much I love what I'm seeing so far. It's like they just stripped back a load of the noob friendly crap they put in ages ago. Maybe it's just luck of the draw, or people need to adjust to the changes but I so far have joined pacific storm games both sides and had a right good fight!

I'm not seeing the same zero BS dominance as before. I'm at least for now having some fun tanking!?! :D If they have fixed this, really well done DICE, respect.  
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, Zero bombs are just as useless as those of the Corsair now.
    Completely nerfed into the ground.

Max damage is 50 and most of the time only 1 bomb hits the target, even when aiming perfectly with the circles.

Did not see the lowering of the damage of the 532 bombs by at least half in the patchnotes?
  • Terminator000001
    Damage wasn't reduced. You can still OHK tanks. But thanks to the drop delay it's way harder to hit.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 6
    Damage wasn't reduced. You can still OHK tanks. But thanks to the drop delay it's way harder to hit.
    Ehm nope, hit tanks multiple times with 2 bombs in the side and both bombs hit, 50 damage max.
    Did destroy multiple tanks, but they were all already damaged.

Also the damage area on the ground/infantry is lowered a lot.

Typical Dice, from OP to nerfing into the ground/useless and then back to OP.
  • Terminator000001
    Then I don't know what game you were playing. I was still able to one hit tanks. I just get used to the new situation better.
  • MBT_Layzan
    Then I don't know what game you were playing. I was still able to one hit tanks. I just get used to the new situation better.
    :D
  • VOLBANKER
    1712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Ehm nope, hit tanks multiple times with 2 bombs in the side and both bombs hit, 50 damage max.
    Did destroy multiple tanks, but they were all already damaged.

Also the damage area on the ground/infantry is lowered a lot.

Typical Dice, from OP to nerfing into the ground/useless and then back to OP.
    I guess it’s pilots’ time to cry now.
    Doubt you guys will get much sympathy from the rest of us though.
  • Terminator000001
    edited March 6
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I guess it’s pilots’ time to cry now.
    Doubt you guys will get much sympathy from the rest of us though.

For my part of the cake I try at least to adapt to the new situation and make the best out of it. 🦆

I'm usually one of the last ones who's going to cry. 🦆
  • IIMechatronikII
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Did they buff rockets in VB??
  • IIMechatronikII
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What Dice are doing? They made many changes for planes and tanks. Why they dind't mention this in patch notes?? Is it a secret or something?? 

Spitfire VB and Mosquito Rockets are 1 shotting ALL VEHICLES

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/fe48ab/dice_doesnt_playtest_anything_spitfire_vb_and/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

WTF!

• SAE1305
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Did they remove the ability AT Mine enemy runways with this update?
  • Terminator000001
    What Dice are doing? They made many changes for planes and tanks. Why they dind't mention this in patch notes?? Is it a secret or something?? 

Spitfire VB and Mosquito Rockets are 1 shotting ALL VEHICLES

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/fe48ab/dice_doesnt_playtest_anything_spitfire_vb_and/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

WTF!

Gonna have to check that later. I'm currently at work and have night shift. I don't remember the missiles that strong. The best I could make out of it were something around 80 damage.
    Additionally I always hated the trade off from quick repair to the Nitro Boost. But I will take a look.
    SAE1305 wrote: »
    Did they remove the ability AT Mine enemy runways with this update?

Didn't check that. I almost never used AT Mines for planes. Just once today for the pacific planes for testing the 1.000lb bomb as potential replacement for the 2x 500lb bombs. And especially I'm not playing that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ who places AT Mines at the runway.
  • SAE1305
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's the single greatest skill set you an execute. Although, averaging 30 vehicle kills per game is a bit excessive..