Are players blind or is there a game environment problem

M1070
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
There has been countless times I seen players run right by someone right in front of them or walk over someone laying out in the open. So are they blind or is there a problem with the game? 

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    1183 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Visibility has been and is an issue with this game. You get used to it the more you play but sometimes people are let's say very well camouflaged.
  • sasqch10
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s just another shining example of how
    Good a game BF5 is and continues to impress with every update. Dice and ea are great developers
  • creepNpeep
    782 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sasqch10 wrote: »
    It’s just another shining example of how
    Good a game BF5 is and continues to impress with every update. Dice and ea are great developers

lol

Buy some shares this week, did we?

🤣
  • LeesSummit09
    493 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not always visibility just stupidity. Last night, saw The same thing, teammate runs right past a standing enemy player. Also, how many times have you looked at mini map and thought, my teammates have my left side covered, so I can focus on the right, only to be killed(sometimes stabbed) by someone from left. It’s like, what are you guys doing, they have no clue.
  • DCAT627
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think it is the difference between playing on a tv vs monitor, when I switched to a monitor I saw a lot more detail than on a tv.
  • kenpokillz
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s terrible game design. Bf5 is an insult to the FPS community.
  • firemsn
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am getting a LOT of failures to render.  Obvious things, huge, like tanks 15 feet from me in the open, you know, silly things easy to miss

• dcs500
    1512 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been killed by enemies I was literally standing on, and I'm not exaggerating.
  • kreepypriest
    441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was playing rush a few Hours ago on devastation. Laying in the rubble and literally 4 people were basically trampling on me..so mow them down with my mg-42..move to another rubble spot rinse and repeat...33-5 when the match was over. Defending.
  • IDazzlerazzle
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Have you seen how blurry this game looks on base consoles ? General visual design doesn't help either they had to put tons of spotting and chevrons above players heads so all these Sunday scrubs get a kill once in a while 
  • Bopper7629
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am just a casual player, so it takes me awhile to even adjust to all this crap they added to the game, fog, being blinded when i look out of a window...I can't see anyone over 40 meters away, everyone just blends in...Unless i scope people and i hate playing sniper...The 3x scope is ok, but i can't kill anyone with it...
  • NightSkyn3t
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They can't see hidden players because they don't know the map the best advice I can give is to learn the map and listen to any sound that's how I spot campers I don't hesitate to prefire to make them panic and their character start calling for help 
    so the visibility is fine when you know the map and when you have a good gamesense.
    People have to realize that they have other things that can help them spot ennemies beside their eyes
  • WetFishDB
    2377 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Aside from the poor visibility which is often talked about, there is another consequence of poor design choices by Dice - in that cosmetic design choices reduce the differentiation of factions significantly.  In BF1 the colours of each team were visually very distinct (as were the outfits for each class for that matter).

In BF1 you could easily tell if the person in the corner of your screen was on the same team or the enemy team.  In BFV, there can often be very little to obviously differentiate the faction - and thus often relies on the spotting the absence of a teammate indicator (the tiny blue dot) which may not be as easily observed whilst concentrating on something else.