Killing Tanks

Krazyghettoboy
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Is it possible to consider designing an option to for any soldier who makes it up to the side of an enemy tank to “mount” it and drop a grenade inside to kill the crew? It would make encounters while deployed as any class other than a properly equipped assaulter less...helpless. Or if the player lacks a proper grenade (ie tossed all of them, or equipped with. smokes), they shoot inside with their sidearm?

Comments

• spychodelics
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Comes right after feature "draggin soldier" is added  ....
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’d support that
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd be happy with that if the crew within a tank didn't have the stupid exit animations. What's stopping the crew within popping out with a sidearm or gun from the point's of entry and firing?  
  • Krazyghettoboy
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    I'd be happy with that if the crew within a tank didn't have the stupid exit animations. What's stopping the crew within popping out with a sidearm or gun from the point's of entry and firing?  

The idea is that the crew is focused on operating the tank, and an enemy soldier popping the hatch to attack them inside would catch the crew off guard.

Such actions have been depicted in WWII movies on several occasions, and I figure it’d be an appropriate “final option” for foot soldiers lacking anti-armor weapons.
  • Krazyghettoboy
    If it’d make it more fair, I think it’s be appropriate that the option only appears when the attacker is at the correct side of the tank, wherever the hatch is situated. A tank SHOULD fall victim to a swarm of foot soldiers overrunning it, which would emphasize a tank not operating without supporting personnel to defend it.
  • snakeater418
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That's an awful idea in the instance that every soldier would be able to steal/destroy a tank. It's alright the way it is. Recons have AT rifles to damage tanks, medics also at least have the Tromboncino so each class CAN damage vehicles.

It's not my fault if a tank sneaks up on a camper and they're left defenceless.
  • sasqch10
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nice idea but maybe your asking for something a tad out reach for Dice? Same guys think grass and bamboo huts are bulletproof.
  • DaMutha1
    1473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mount it as a support and kill it with your repair tool

• MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »

The idea is that the crew is focused on operating the tank, and an enemy soldier popping the hatch to attack them inside would catch the crew off guard.

Such actions have been depicted in WWII movies on several occasions, and I figure it’d be an appropriate “final option” for foot soldiers lacking anti-armor weapons.
    I'm talking about popping the hatch and firing out as a pose to just climbing out and getting shot to bits. 
  • YUKnowWhatItIz
    342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Even though I've been forced to play Assault, I disagree with that option. Just gives tanks more incentive to camp

I wish Dice would give us Support players our Limpet Charges back.
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Even though I've been forced to play Assault, I disagree with that option. Just gives tanks more incentive to camp

I wish Dice would give us Support players our Limpet Charges back.

A simple change would be to allow Support to throw AT mines as if they were a limpet charge.
  • Hawxxeye
    7783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Because the tanks need even more counters in close range engagements...
  • KMAsterisk
    295 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 6
    Not to mention how many enemy AT rifle/mmg users etc would lay prone on enemy tanks mowing down unaware teammates. Just not something I see ending well, or being utilized for the purpose OP states.

Edit: I know this can be done to an extent already, but adding another method of climbing would further encourage it.
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's an awful idea in the instance that every soldier would be able to steal/destroy a tank. It's alright the way it is. Recons have AT rifles to damage tanks, medics also at least have the Tromboncino so each class CAN damage vehicles.

... I’m pretty sure a tromboncino nade can’t even do 10 damage...
  • ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Strange that!
    It’s not my fault tanks go steaming in without support and get wrecked by a team of assault’s!
    But here we are with anything that kills tanks nerfed to oblivion!