Why are there 500 ranks to this game?

M1070
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Why are there 500 ranks to this game? I just don't see the necessity to have that many ranks. I have never reach max rank on any battlefield game yet. When it was only 50 for BF5, I finally reach max rank. Since the change to 500, I have managed to reach 85. I play almost every night and for few hours at a time. So I am in disbelief when I see players up in the mid to high 200s. How is that possible?  I can see 100 or 150 for max rank, like pass battlefields. Just not 500.

Comments

• KMAsterisk
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hardline went to lv. 150 and you could reset 15 times. It gives people something to play for, so I don't see the issue.
  • The_BERG_366
    2781 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M1070 wrote: »
    Why are there 500 ranks to this game? I just don't see the necessity to have that many ranks. I have never reach max rank on any battlefield game yet. When it was only 50 for BF5, I finally reach max rank. Since the change to 500, I have managed to reach 85. I play almost every night and for few hours at a time. So I am in disbelief when I see players up in the mid to high 200s. How is that possible?  I can see 100 or 150 for max rank, like pass battlefields. Just not 500.

counter question: what is there AGAINST a max level of 500?
  • IIPrest0nII
    2447 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    There is the only one Battlefield where I have max rank, this is Battlefield 3. It was interesting and challenge for me to reach 100 colonel and get those swag gold dog tags. That was brilliant. Starting with Battlefield 4 it doesn't look a challenge anymore for me, not sure what exactly has changed, maybe some kind of fun service or something, but it's no more interesting to have max rank personally for me, nor in BF4, BF1 and BFV. I suppose those people that asked for 500 max rank, for those people it's still a challenge and maybe a reason to play the game.
  • Claypole1
    386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They could have a million ranks in the game, I can’t see how it would matter...
  • kenpokillz
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ie losers. Be proud you’re not 500.