Corsair and Zero finally balanced

1235»

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MammiBoo said:
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    Lol, just had a round of BT on Iwo, had already close to 30 kills with a Tank at sector 3 and 1 death, from before I got the Tank.
    All 3 pilots of the defenders (Zero's) had LESS than 10 kills and all more than 3 deaths.

We won the battle in a major victory, 5 or 6 Tanks left and walked over them and had more than 200 tickets left.
    Defending team emptied fast.

Multiple Zero's tried to take me out, since I was destroying their team with my LVT  :D  
    None did more than 50 damage to my LVT, I laughed at it  :D 

The Zero is just nerfed into the ground in a way that is not even funny.
    Tankers are laughing so hard right now.

Dude you're trolling so hard. You're trying to get planes even more OP.
    Your statements are untrue like Batman's post. At least Batman speaks half truth. AKA AM5 and second Corsair are very good against vehicles. While first variants are decent with incendiary but trash with upgraded primary against flesh targets. I enjoy flying both second variants, but with first variants they went TOO far with nerfing primaries against flesh.

In the good OLD dice tradition now Corsairs are stomping japanese airstrips from the get go, things in past were exactly opposite but I dont mind, i can play without issues. The dumbest thing is damage over flesh targets, that is another POS, Dice trademark.

Are you talking about the explosive shots or the regular ones?
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

I am also one of those who found nothing wrong with the Heavy bombers of BF1. They were a joke to counter with a fighter or an attack plane.They were much more defenseless than the blenheim or the Ju88 and the stuka. A flying plank of wood with the gunner seats placed the wrong way.To do well with them you needed either a wingman or lazy enemies who cba to fly (very common in BF1).

The simple fact that this was possible says otherwise......

• Hawxxeye
    7962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2020
    Trokey66 said:
    (Quote)

I am also one of those who found nothing wrong with the Heavy bombers of BF1. They were a joke to counter with a fighter or an attack plane.They were much more defenseless than the blenheim or the Ju88 and the stuka. A flying plank of wood with the gunner seats placed the wrong way.To do well with them you needed either a wingman or lazy enemies who cba to fly (very common in BF1).

The simple fact that this was possible says otherwise......

In your clip it was 17 kills at the loss of the heavy bomber
    Lets compare it to this clip

The bomber kills 14 people including tanks, and beats two fighters.
  • MammiBoo
    435 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    MammiBoo said:
    Lol, just had a round of BT on Iwo, had already close to 30 kills with a Tank at sector 3 and 1 death, from before I got the Tank.
    All 3 pilots of the defenders (Zero's) had LESS than 10 kills and all more than 3 deaths.

We won the battle in a major victory, 5 or 6 Tanks left and walked over them and had more than 200 tickets left.

Multiple Zero's tried to take me out, since I was destroying their team with my LVT  :D  

Your statements are untrue like Batman's post. At least Batman speaks half truth. AKA AM5 and second Corsair are very good against vehicles. While first variants are decent with incendiary but trash with upgraded primary against flesh targets. I enjoy flying both second variants, but with first variants they went TOO far with nerfing primaries against flesh.

In the good OLD dice tradition now Corsairs are stomping japanese airstrips from the get go, things in past were exactly opposite but I dont mind, i can play without issues. The dumbest thing is damage over flesh targets, that is another POS, Dice trademark.

Explosive shots. I had yesterday like 5 hitmarkers on the same target, multiple shots and nothing. If target is at full health, you wont get a kill. Seems like Dice thought flesh must be like an armour so you need teamwork in planes to down one which is lame. I enjoy they increased the sights sway in first person but nerfing primaries when ads goes up and down left and centre is full retar... If targets are already hit you kill them no issues but still having a spec tree for that, that requires grinding and finding it not useful on its purpose it is lame.
  • Hawxxeye
    MammiBoo said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    MammiBoo said:

Explosive shots. I had yesterday like 5 hitmarkers on the same target, multiple shots and nothing. If target is at full health, you wont get a kill. Seems like Dice thought flesh must be like an armour so you need teamwork in planes to down one which is lame. I enjoy they increased the sights sway in first person but nerfing primaries when ads goes up and down left and centre is full retar... If targets are already hit you kill them no issues but still having a spec tree for that, that requires grinding and finding it not useful on its purpose it is lame.
    So it was not just me who found first person shooting with the planes to have turned to be more shaky than before.
    Why on earth would they nerf the first person view?
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    In your clip it was 17 kills at the loss of the heavy bomber
    Lets compare it to this clip
    The bomber kills 14 people including tanks, and beats two fighters.

3rd person Bomb sight.......

Never been a fan of seat switching in any game.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited March 2020
    Trokey66 said:

I understand the feeling. Though these planes would be almost unflyable without that. Everyone would only use fighters unless they had a friend on voice chat.
    Btw that guy on the video is someone who basically only plays BFV for killing with JU88 on Breakthrough/Grand ops. I had him like twice on the enemy team. His best record so far has been 151-1
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Trokey66 said:

I understand the feeling. Though these planes would be almost unflyable without that. Everyone would only use fighters unless they had a friend on voice chat.
    Btw that guy on the video is someone who basically only plays BFV for killing with JU88 on Breakthrough/Grand ops. I had him like twice on the enemy team. His best record so far has been 151-1
    For what does the bomber have a bombing scope then? It´s not like it´s there to just watch the map from above. 
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2020
    Hawxxeye said:
    MammiBoo said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    MammiBoo said:

So it was not just me who found first person shooting with the planes to have turned to be more shaky than before.
    I think they have done something too with tank rounds, forgive if I'm wrong, but it's either something like projectile speed has been reduced with the slight drop which increases over range. This is both the Sherman and type 97. It's not a big change, it's more what's the word, hmmm, it just feels off. It really effects hitting planes that I'd normally easily have got before 6.2. 

I know they changed the splash damage values, so I guess this was to compensate for that which I agree with as you can two shot tanks and it does take more skill to hit over long range and things like fast moving planes. But you can feel it once past short to mid range.  
  • Hawxxeye
    edited March 2020
    Hawxxeye said:
    MammiBoo said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    MammiBoo said:

I think they have done something too with tank rounds, forgive if I'm wrong, but it's either something like projectile speed has been reduced with the slight drop which increases over range. This is both the Sherman and type 97. It's not a big change, it's more what's the word, hmmm, it just feels off. It really effects hitting planes that I'd normally easily have got before 6.2. 

I know they changed the splash damage values, so I guess this was to compensate for that which I agree with as you can two shot tanks and it does take more skill to hit over long range and things like fast moving planes. But you can feel it once past short to mid range.  

I was talking about the first person view not the third person one though.

Hawxxeye said:
    Trokey66 said:

For what does the bomber have a bombing scope then? It´s not like it´s there to just watch the map from above. 

By unflyable I was talking about how bombers would be if  pilot could not switch seats. I am one of those guys who actually use the bombing scope where applicable.
  • filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is no hyperbole, the Pacific planes (mostly Zero) are completely overnerfed and NO fun anymore, just typical Dice.

And I took time off from the flying in the Pacific.

If I want to fly I just join the other maps and use the Spitfire VB with its new insane OP rockets, also typical and classical Dice.

What I'm reading is that you only like OP stuff
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    MammiBoo said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    MammiBoo said:

So am I mate. First person.   
  • Hawxxeye
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    MammiBoo said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    MammiBoo said:

I mean, that the thing I am worried about is that using the plane guns on the ground forces has become unreasonable harder. The problem tanks etc had were mainly bombs which are not affected by that
  • MBT_Layzan
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    MammiBoo said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    MammiBoo said:

I mean, that the thing I am worried about is that using the plane guns on the ground forces has become unreasonable harder. The problem tanks etc had were mainly bombs which are not affected by that
    Yea, I get ya, I was only confirming that a lot of silent or ninja changes took place so you may very well be right about the planes first person being off with regards to what you were saying. Shame they don't have crystal clear patch notes. 
  • MammiBoo
    435 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    MammiBoo said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    MammiBoo said:

I can see the logic behind it and I agree with only for vanilla planes, cause they increased the speed of rockets, even though using those only 2 rockets of BF 109 G is hit and miss. For me is not a problem, cause I am used to hold right stick till i end the strafe, but for a guy new to planes is pretty hard.
    What i dont like about planes after patch is that they trashed sound, the enemy planes are barely sounding until it is too late and you are already tailed, and that pos with pacific planes vs soft targets. Aside that the direction is good, they somehow forced people to dogfight, which is good.
  • Hawxxeye
    MammiBoo said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    MammiBoo said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    MammiBoo said:

I can see the logic behind it and I agree with only for vanilla planes, cause they increased the speed of rockets, even though using those only 2 rockets of BF 109 G is hit and miss. For me is not a problem, cause I am used to hold right stick till i end the strafe, but for a guy new to planes is pretty hard.
    What i dont like about planes after patch is that they trashed sound, the enemy planes are barely sounding until it is too late and you are already tailed, and that pos with pacific planes vs soft targets. Aside that the direction is good, they somehow forced people to dogfight, which is good.
    Still the BFV dogfights are just not fun. It either feels like bullying or being bullied.
  • sasqch10
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice is amazing at making great decisions and fun games.! Wow, they sure hit this patch/update out of the park.
  • Art3misJinx
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Yeah, they are both trash and no longer fun to use now ...

Infantry only stats obsessed Zerg CoD players and distant tankers got what they wanted ...
    Just get better. These changes have definitely made it harder. But I've still seen good pilots be a very big nuisance