Update 6.2 Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

• GrizzGolf
    1376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I dont even know what they could do to fix SMGs at this point 
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 9
    NLBartmaN said:

So 6.2 basically killed the fun ...
     :'(
  • xKusagamix
    1133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    L3wY_9507 said:
    I don't understand why they buffed the sniper rifles. They were in a good state, but now they are too powerful in my opinion. And the STG-44 should be nerfed at range, it's annoying that I'm getting killed by this weapon again across the map.
    As they should, at long range, what do you want more? The fact that the M1919A6 MMG has the same bullet velocity (ofcourse with upgrade spec) as the Kar98K/Krag even after the buff is laughable.
  • talhaONE
    934 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    talhaONE wrote: »
    Harro4289 wrote: »
    Wont matter after the patch when they nerf the type 2a, because ive noticed lately every try hard using the stg 44.  Dunno why, its obviously the new bandwagon everyone has jumped on, becuase noone has a mind of there own, they have to be told, this is the new scrub weapon so go use it.

The STG44 has been a go-to weapon since launch, not because it's a scrub weapon, but because of how it's designed. It's a select fire Assault Rifle with a decent rate of fire, great damage output, and a good mag capacity, that can be equipped with a myriad of optics.

After this patch it will have even more recoil than it does now, so it's performance isn't going to get better unless the only people you ever shoot at like 75+ meters away.

It's not a scrub weapon merely because it's a popular weapon. If the STGs performance is indicative of a scrub weapon, then essentially every fully automatic weapon outside of PDWs in BF4 were scrub weapons.

Stg44 is a try hard scrub weapon and real life reasons are not a excuse for it.

Lmao you're sounding a bit salty there, chief. So your mindset is essentially if a weapon is popular, it's a try hard scrub weapon? Like the hipster of Battlefield?

Salty? No. Everyone around here knows Stg44 is easiest option available for Assault class.
  • Odinslayer848
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 9
    Patch 6.2 really was a downgrade. The vehicle changes are nice but I felt the gunplay was much better before. Yeah some stuff needed some tweaking and brought up to par like the SAR's, nerfing the 2A, and making MMG's worth using but you can hardly play the game anymore. Guns and their roles were actually better defined post 5.0 pre 6.2. I liked using the MAB or the MP28 and now that this 6.2 is out and encourages either camping or rushing I'm using the 2A more. You spend so much more time on the ground waving your hand around for a medic than you do anything else. People were too spongey but it was better than getting killed by some guy in three hits spraying from across the map. As much as people said it's what the game needed, after 6.2 there's been a lot more servers under max players and the servers die off faster at night than they used to. Right now there's only two full servers whereas a week or so ago there'd be 5-7. I'm going to finish grinding out the waifu chapter reward and shelf the game for a while and play BF1 or Battlefronts 2.
    Post edited by Odinslayer848 on
  • Loqtrall
    12426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wont matter after the patch when they nerf the type 2a, because ive noticed lately every try hard using the stg 44.  Dunno why, its obviously the new bandwagon everyone has jumped on, becuase noone has a mind of there own, they have to be told, this is the new scrub weapon so go use it.

The STG44 has been a go-to weapon since launch, not because it's a scrub weapon, but because of how it's designed. It's a select fire Assault Rifle with a decent rate of fire, great damage output, and a good mag capacity, that can be equipped with a myriad of optics.

After this patch it will have even more recoil than it does now, so it's performance isn't going to get better unless the only people you ever shoot at like 75+ meters away.

It's not a scrub weapon merely because it's a popular weapon. If the STGs performance is indicative of a scrub weapon, then essentially every fully automatic weapon outside of PDWs in BF4 were scrub weapons.

Lmao you're sounding a bit salty there, chief. So your mindset is essentially if a weapon is popular, it's a try hard scrub weapon? Like the hipster of Battlefield?

Salty? No. Everyone around here knows Stg44 is easiest option available for Assault class.

I would actually argue the Gewehr 1-5 is the easiest weapon in the weapon in the Assault class if you can actually aim. And apart from 5.2 neutering all DMRs, it has always been one of the hardest hitting and most forgiving weapons in the class.

It really does sound like you're just insisting a weapon is a noob gun because a lot of people use it.
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    6.2 overnerfed some vehicles and brought back the mid range camping and mid range 1 frame deaths by 3x scope without glint and SMG's ...

Also audio got worse instead of better, since the problem is in the Netcode and servers, not in which audio track has priority.
    So you basically hear even less now.

So 6.2 basically killed the fun ...

I hate to agree with you, but I do. I thought this would be the patch that brought back the fun. I just played for a few hours and it really sucks if you want to play on flags. Barely anyone actually attacks it and they just peck you to death from midrange with semis and sniper rifles.

Dice: you can have a fast TTK if you have solid netcode. If you don't, you should fix the netcode.

Back to all the other games I own that are actually fun.

Disclaimer: I'm in no way in favor of 5.2, I haven't enjoyed playing since the Pacific first launched. If it's been this long I just think this battlefield may not be for me.
  • DancesWthMice
    121 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tom, you're alive? Forgive my surprise, it's just that you started the Mega cheating thread, and have been curiously absent from it. It has grown to 125 pages(still not as large as the closed and neglected cheating thread from long ago). It shouldn't be hard to find as it seems to be the most active thread on the forums.

I have a specific question about a "bug". This "bug"....has taken on a human form. It's players cheating. Here is the question: 

If the one person, who on a part time basis, reads the player submitted cheat reports and videos, decides that a player IS cheating and wants to ban them, can they actually do so if the cheater has purchased one of the innumerable hacked BFV accounts? 

Essentially, the hacked account is owned by a clean player who is no longer playing the game. In their absence, a cheating "squatter" has been given access to the account and uses it for cheating. Can EA legally take that account away from a clean player simply because they are not using it and EA failed to secure their customers data which allowed such a security breach?

This would be a great segue to explain the depth of this customer data security problem, as it has not really been brought to the public's attention. How many accounts were compromised with this breach? Are these accounts even able to be banned?

To help you out, Tom, here is a link to the busiest BFV PC thread that you apparently forgot about after starting:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/194396/megathread-bfv-and-cheating-discussion#latest

This is the "BUG" that has been crawling up everyone's backside. Get to it!
  • dariarty
    142 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's good that the recoil is back.

Unfortunately it's a fail for pretty much everything else. SAR's are back to launch power again, the prone meta is creeping back so matches (from my own perspective) have started to become a little bit dull and predictable.
    Also has anyone else noticed a fairly substantial drop in servers on PS4 EU?

I could live with it though if it wasn't for the return of all the NetCode issues.
    Insta kills, death miles behind cover didn't leave during 5.2 (although performance wise 5.1 was phenomenal) but they where severely reduced, now it's as bad as ever and seeing as we can't even get our community liaisons to even acknowledge it I don't hold out much hope that any kind of fix is coming.

I think that perhaps V is just not really mean't to be a console game.

I will say though that at the moment despite being a lacklustre Battlefield title it's still the best FPS out there at the moment on PS4.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 10
    Love the new vehicle balance. Especially tank v tank combat now. Much faster, much more fun. 
  • off3nc3
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 10
    dariarty said:
    It's good that the recoil is back.

Unfortunately it's a fail for pretty much everything else. SAR's are back to launch power again, the prone meta is creeping back so matches (from my own perspective) have started to become a little bit dull and predictable.
    Also has anyone else noticed a fairly substantial drop in servers on PS4 EU?

I could live with it though if it wasn't for the return of all the NetCode issues.
    Insta kills, death miles behind cover didn't leave during 5.2 (although performance wise 5.1 was phenomenal) but they where severely reduced, now it's as bad as ever and seeing as we can't even get our community liaisons to even acknowledge it I don't hold out much hope that any kind of fix is coming.

I think that perhaps V is just not really mean't to be a console game.

I will say though that at the moment despite being a lacklustre Battlefield title it's still the best FPS out there at the moment on PS4.
    It's also the best FPS out there on the PC , but whoever played BF 1 will remember that as the last great BF. The TTK there was perfect , animations we're alot more fluid and it was almost hacker free compared to this title. Can't wait for the next one to release even though it looks like a long wait , kinda burnt out with this one.
  • rorypreston
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LMG's need a slight range buff and a tad less recoil - they're longe range guns in my opinion 
  • UltraMG42CamPeR
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Happy agen with my Mighty MG42. It minces the enemy at range.
  • talhaONE
    934 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 10

I would actually argue the Gewehr 1-5 is the easiest weapon in the weapon in the Assault class if you can actually aim. And apart from 5.2 neutering all DMRs, it has always been one of the hardest hitting and most forgiving weapons in the class.

It really does sound like you're just insisting a weapon is a noob gun because a lot of people use it.

Gewehr 1-5 is nowhere close to being easiest.

Stg44 was always the easiest scrub gun thats why every try hard assault is using it. Otherwise everyone would running around with Gewerh 1-5.

Its also funny you guys cant admit the obvious fact.
    Post edited by talhaONE on
  • BeastofBourbon84
    693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Stg44 was always the easiest scrub gun thats why every try hard assault is using it. Otherwise everyone would running around with Gewerh 1-5.

Give the g1-5 a try it's the perfect pubstomb gun.

Really solid performance and the mag lasts forever (I still reload to much like a fool but that's on me).
  • Loqtrall
    12426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The G1-5 is almost one of the easiest to use weapons in the game right now. It's literally a single fire STG that kills in 3 or 4 shots at most ranges, has a fast rof for a single fire gun, has just as large magazine, has a fast magazine reload, and has significantly less recoil than all automatic weapons.

It's legitimately like using the STG44 in single fire mode if it killed in 3-4 body shots at most normal engagement ranges.

You're absolutely naive if you're going to claim it isn't nearly as easy to use as the STG. It's even easier to use and has a friggin hip-fire spec for cqb.

The guy's that usually examine weapons stats after changes in this game (2 prominent members on the subreddit) have literally outlined how good the gewehr 1-5 is in their latest charts and have unofficially dubbed it the easiest to use weapon currently in the game.

Unless your average accuracy stat is like sub 10% and you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if you had the end of your barrel glued to it.

People don't run around with the G1-5 because they can't aim.

After 6.2, DMRs are the kings of ease of use and effectiveness again, and the 1-5 is definitely a frontrunner in that group.
  • talhaONE

The G1-5 is almost one of the easiest to use weapons in the game right now. It's literally a single fire STG that kills in 3 or 4 shots at most ranges, has a fast rof for a single fire gun, has just as large magazine, has a fast magazine reload, and has significantly less recoil than all automatic weapons.

It's legitimately like using the STG44 in single fire mode if it killed in 3-4 body shots at most normal engagement ranges.

You're absolutely naive if you're going to claim it isn't nearly as easy to use as the STG. It's even easier to use and has a friggin hip-fire spec for cqb.

The guy's that usually examine weapons stats after changes in this game (2 prominent members on the subreddit) have literally outlined how good the gewehr 1-5 is in their latest charts and have unofficially dubbed it the easiest to use weapon currently in the game.

Unless your average accuracy stat is like sub 10% and you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if you had the end of your barrel glued to it.

After 6.2, DMRs are the kings of ease of use and effectiveness again, and the 1-5 is definitely a frontrunner in that group.

Alright lets see the BS that writes here.

Gewerh 1-5 has only 3 btk of 30 meters, 4 btk of 50 meters, 5 btk range of 100 meters and it becames 6 btk after that.

360 rpm of rof is definetely not impressive when M1 garand literally has the same rof and more damage.

When it comes to recoil Gewerh 1-5 has worse vertical recoil then Karabin, M1 garand, Ag M42 and so on which its not that impressive either.

Even the Muzzle velocity of Gewerh 1-5 is worst in its class and there is no way to upgrade it.

The only redeeming factor of gewerh 1-5 is its big mag and hip fire specs which definetly does not makes the gun easiest to use. Just like any SAR in game you will need some decent aiming to do well with. With Stg44 you dont really need decent aiming.
  • Loqtrall

Alright lets see the BS that writes here.

Gewerh 1-5 has only 3 btk of 30 meters, 4 btk of 50 meters, 5 btk range of 100 meters and it becames 6 btk after that.

360 rpm of rof is definetely not impressive when M1 garand literally has the same rof and more damage.

When it comes to recoil Gewerh 1-5 has worse vertical recoil then Karabin, M1 garand, Ag M42 and so on which its not that impressive either.

Even the Muzzle velocity of Gewerh 1-5 is worst in its class and there is no way to upgrade it.

The only redeeming factor of gewerh 1-5 is its big mag and hip fire specs which definetly does not makes the gun easiest to use. Just like any SAR in game you will need some decent aiming to do well with. With Stg44 you dont really need decent aiming.

Lmao these comparisons you're making are not only all over the place, but they blatantly leave out the drawbacks the weapons you mention have in comparison to the G1-5.

Let's compare to the M1 Garand first. Sure, the M1 Garand may hit harder, but it has an over 3x smaller mag size, a substantially slower reload even with quick reload spec, and even with its heavy load spec on it has a slower ttk in cqb than the G1-5. It does not have substantially less vertical recoil than the G1-5, whereas the M1 Garand's VRec stat is 0.018 with enhanced grips and heavy load for more damage output - the G1-5s VRec is 0.0096, even better than the M1 with a substantially lower cqb ttk and a significantly more forgiving mag size.

The M1 Outdamages the G1-5 at range, but only by a wide margin if you use heavy load which makes its ROF and recoil worse than the G1-5 - on top of having a substantially smaller magazine and a longer reload.

Then we can compare to the AGM, which fires faster, but has a substantially smaller magazine and does substantially less damage per shot. The AGM does worse in btk, ttk, and damage per shot than the 1-5 on top of having a way smaller mag, and way more spread while moving and standing still.

It's a low recoil weapon with rounds that do significantly less damage than the G1-5 does and a mag size that is substantially less forgiving. On top of that it doesn't even shoot that much faster.

The Karabin - it has a slower rate of fire than the 1-5, a near 3x smaller magazine, a slower reload speed, and despite doing more damage per shot than the 1-5 it has a higher ttk than the 1-5 in close quarters just as the other Dmrs listed did despite their stats.

And sure, the 1-5 may require more accuracy than the STG44 AT CLOSE RANGE, but it's hip fire specs are fantastic for cqb and by default the weapon is more accurate than the STG44 while having a similar/stronger damage output in cqb and an even stronger damage output at range.

You see, those Dmrs are not somehow easier to use or as forgiving as the 1-5 because they have less recoil or do more damage per shot. They're ALL held back by either their small mags, the slow reloads, their ROF, etc.

The 1-5 is the best of ALL worlds. It does the damage and ROF of a DMR while having the mag size, reload speed, and cqb maneuverability of an Assault Rifle. THAT is why it is the easiest and most forgiving DMR to use, in a game where DMRs are essentially the kings of gunplay now from a statistical standpoint.

Maybe if those other DMRs had 31 round detachable magazines that could be reloaded as fast as an AR and cqb specs that made them an absolute breeze to use aggressively, then you'd actually have a point.
  • real_aristo
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    game is destroyed, lost my will to play. still no anti cheat, still no balancing, snipers everywhere. no fun. thats my thoughts, dont wanna offend anyone (I know there are some easily offended guys here)
  • WalcalkhIII
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I uh, didn't expect this to blow up like it did. 

Updating this with additional thoughts
    I feel like the slower firing SMGs could use a bit of a range buff, Turner SMLE/M1 Garand/MAS-44 could use a bit of a range nerf
    75mm Lv2 on the Type 97 does too much damage against the Sherman and LVT 
    MMGs and LMGs feel great 
    ARs great
    Still unsure how I feel about the sniper rifle bullet velocity changes