Seriously DICE why is this ok for Planes to be this way?

ProAssassin2003
3873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited March 2020

Comments

• Synderz123
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2020
    My thoughts exactly. Yesterday we had a mosquito on Panzerstorm farming with THREE other clan buddies on headsets on the aa guns, stopping anyone from getting near him because he'd just retreat back to base so his buddies would shoot you down. No one could take him out as a result. The fliegerfaust is too weak now so we can't do anything, and because the mobile and stationary aa is too weak he'd just drop his 4000lb bomb and roflstomp you back to the spawn screen before you could take him out. How is this okay?
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    so u just post any thing to try to show planes are op , will u got that wrong , thy are from the same clan playing against each other , thy have the planes and thy wont kill each other , when you have one pilot from each team going for planes you dont have even the time to look at the ground but probably you end up always in teams where all pilots dont care about enemy planes .
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Things is, back in other BF games for the most part, if pilots didn't fight each other it was not so bad, the game gave other options to those on the ground to not only deal with planes, or fend them off but to even simply be able to enjoy the game regardless, like stick to cover and buildings. Of course there were modes (bf3 rush) that were very different. 

I've never believed in this whole dependency on planes needing to deal with planes or the game becomes horrible to play. Or this whole other thing about a bunch of randoms suddenly having to work together like the A team to take out one plane that will be back in seconds again. It never used to be like this. 

Take pacific after 6.2, I can tank now and yea, a good pilot is going to be a problem, but I still enjoy the match. That's how it should be. 
  • off3nc3
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2020
    This is the reason I stopped playing 64 man maps , it's a cluster f__k and not enjoyable anymore. You either get spawn killed , bombed to death , tanked to death or sniped to death while trying to cross to an obj. Planes really kill the fun on bigger maps.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    off3nc3 said:
    This is the reason I stopped playing 64 man maps , it's a cluster f__k and not enjoyable anymore. You either get spawn killed , bombed to death , tanked to death or sniped to death while trying to cross to an obj.
    I think this is more the reason, NOT the planes.
    It is everything added together that makes this game very frustrating from time to time.

Poor very open map design, 3x scope without glint, very poor performing servers, poor game performance (FPS, visibility, directional sound, etc) and everything feels "instant" from a distance, and most of the time you did not even see or hrear what is about to kill you.
  • MammiBoo
    435 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What's the problem? A beautiful truce, after the latest patch i saw more happening including tanks avoiding each other. I have(hate)mails from pilots saying why i engage them when we could happily farm ground. I see no problem if AA/s on A are backed up by MAA's, this aint gonna happen. The thing is bombers are broken after this patch ohking any tank and people generally do not coordinate with fixed AAs.

I had a beautiful game yesterday on Arras when I faced a 200 lvl pilot nemesising him 10 times he kept going with VB and I was in G2.I finished 29kd, but  trololol.I felt good seeing a broken plane VB, my favourite plane in this game, faceplanting on and on. The thing is even if things are broken, there's a counter in this game.

Brainless players can t be fixed though.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2020
    so u just post any thing to try to show planes are op , will u got that wrong , thy are from the same clan playing against each other , thy have the planes and thy wont kill each other , when you have one pilot from each team going for planes you dont have even the time to look at the ground but probably you end up always in teams where all pilots dont care about enemy planes .

Doesn't change the fact that that many kills can be achieved with Planes Clan or not. There is 30 other players per Team and I'm sure they was somewhat trying to kill them. And this happens all the Time Clans or no clans.

This eliminates the Rock,paper scissors Battlefield use to be. It's now Rock kills Everything with the planes being the Rock.

I'm a somewhat above average player and I've tried to kill plane Try hards on Teams with everything that is AA and it's useless. Mobile AA is useless, Fliegerfaust is useless, Stationary AA is useless as Pilots have every location memorized so they just bomb you to Oblivion. Maybe I could get good at planes I guess but even that doesn't work with Duo Farmers in the sky.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2249 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The thing is you can't balance using the top players as your reference point.  If you make it easier to down top pilots or those working in a team, then mediocre pilots will stand no chance. Of course its no fun being bomed for the 10th time by teh same pilot, but if thats the case change server
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Doesn't change the fact that that many kills can be achieved with Planes Clan or not. There is 30 other players per Team and I'm sure they was somewhat trying to kill them. And this happens all the Time Clans or no clans.

This eliminates the Rock,paper scissors Battlefield use to be. It's now Rock kills Everything with the planes being the Rock.

I'm a somewhat above average player and I've tried to kill plane Try hards on Teams with everything that is AA and it's useless. Mobile AA is useless, Fliegerfaust is useless, Stationary AA is useless as Pilots have every location memorized so they just bomb you to Oblivion. Maybe I could get good at planes I guess but even that doesn't work with Duo Farmers in the sky.
    i spend 65% of my game in a plane ,when i fly and and two to three guys on the ground wants to kill me i die fast the AA and fliger are a deadly combination for any pilot, but if the team are not even trying and it`s only you going form AA to fliger you cant do it alone , you need to remember it`s a team work game .
  • spychodelics
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

you all keep saying that ff is useless .. cant hear it anymore, how comes that i dont have problems getting kills? is it maybe my quake history that i am good at prediction where my rockets go? while most of the people cant?
  • NLBartmaN
    edited March 2020

The problem is FAST and SMALL planes (fighters) that can bomb/rocket with lots of damage, which they should not be able to do.

They nerfed the fighters in BF1, that could attack groud forces with ease (darts) into the ground, which was logical.
    Planes that can do serious damage must be a big risk to use and easier to take down, I always like the high risk high return model.

The "normal" and "medium" bombers are very easy targets, destroyed several yesterday with everything available: shot 1 down with a Tank, shot multiple down with FF, shot several down with SAA, shot some down with a plane.

If they make the Zero and Corsair "bomber variant" like BF1 attack planes and add larger and slower (and more effective/stornger) real bombers, lots of the problems would be gone.

And balance thing around the average player, not around full time pros and not around beginning players/players that don't play a certain class/vehicle a lot.

Platoons that work together with a voice party will always be a "problem", in BF1 we had the unkillable medic trains for example.

But 2 pilots of which 1 uses a fighter to defend his bomber friend against enemy fighters is not a problem in my eyes, it is the way the game should be played: with teamwork.
    Post edited by NLBartmaN on
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they played the Blenheim with Nose Turret or the VB with Dumbfire missiles, that score doesn't impress me at all.
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Oh, and this of course. 🦆
  • JollyJester
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hahahaha someone that high of a level needs to get a freaking life!!! NERDS!!!!!!!
  • talhaONE
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    It is everything added together that makes this game very frustrating from time to time.

Poor very open map design, 3x scope without glint, very poor performing servers, poor game performance (FPS, visibility, directional sound, etc) and everything feels "instant" from a distance, and most of the time you did not even see or hrear what is about to kill you.

Bruh Panzerstorm is the only actual big open map, rest are crappy corridor with barely any long sight fight.
  • sasqch10
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s also boring to be on the side with a “Expert” pilot that somehow downs enemy planes in seconds and poaches kills. The grind for people trying level up airplanes has been amped to ridiculous. Too many crybabies about getting killed when the community should be demanding a better product from Dice. Can’t even see the dang score at the end of a match now???? What. BF5 is cursed to be a never finished, husk of game, that is just plain not very fun at most turns.
  • NLBartmaN
    talhaONE said:
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)

Bruh Panzerstorm is the only actual big open map, rest are crappy corridor with barely any long sight fight.
    On almost every map there are more than enough long open areas where 3x scope with glint is dominating.
    Areas you need to cross to get to the objective.

Adding the other elements I mentioned and you got far too many 1 frame deaths (not TTK, it is the netcode, game performance and servers) at mid range at which you are dead before you could even see or hear the enemy that killed you.

Being killed a lot out of nowhere and from every angle without you see or hearing something is no fun at all.

And that is insane frustrating (and boring).
    Planes and Tanks being able to do that too, just adds to the frustration.
  • spychodelics
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    sasqch10 said:
    It’s also boring to be on the side with a “Expert” pilot that somehow downs enemy planes in seconds and poaches kills. The grind for people trying level up airplanes has been amped to ridiculous. Too many crybabies about getting killed when the community should be demanding a better product from Dice. Can’t even see the dang score at the end of a match now???? What. BF5 is cursed to be a never finished, husk of game, that is just plain not very fun at most turns.
    I always found the leveling up a stupid idea. why give someone who gains more practice even stronger weapons. 
  • KingRofty
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2020
    Just imagine what a cool map Fjell would have been without bombers.

The really sad thing is, you'll find it's mostly high level players farming kills in bombers or big tanks. I found two buddies colluding on Panzerstorm, one in a Crocodile tank (level 152) & his buddy in a Sturmtiger (level 230+).

Seriously, I had a lot of respect for any player who got to level 150 in BF1, but have absolutely no respect for high ranked players in BF V.
  • RealAshWilliams
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FF again nerf??