Seriously DICE why is this ok for Planes to be this way?

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3741 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2020
    EDIT: Wrong thread subject

I've seen these guys and another clan who regularly stack teams like this to farm with planes or tanks or they stack one team and sit in the spawn screen to make the map change quicker to something they can farm on.
  • ElliotLH
    9776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To me it feels like the bigger issue here is the tactics being used by those players.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice just still doesn't get it. Even before the FF nerf people STILL would let pilots do strafing runs non stop.  What is so hard to understand that Anti AA measures are reactionary? People take AA measures AFTER they're fed up, not as a preventive measure (Fjell is probably the only map that isn't the case). Who in their right mind want's to man the AA cannon all game? I don't like switching to assault, having the FF equipped and being on watch staring at the sky, and hope the pilot approaches at an angle in which not even instant repair will save them. All it takes is TWO people for a sure kill but pilots still end up farming infantry. Hmmmm I wonder why? 

• LinkZeppeloyd
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s not the planes that are OP in your example.

It’s their teamwork
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice just still doesn't get it. Even before the FF nerf people STILL would let pilots do strafing runs non stop.  What is so hard to understand that Anti AA measures are reactionary? People take AA measures AFTER they're fed up, not as a preventive measure (Fjell is probably the only map that isn't the case). Who in their right mind want's to man the AA cannon all game? I don't like switching to assault, having the FF equipped and being on watch staring at the sky, and hope the pilot approaches at an angle in which not even instant repair will save them. All it takes is TWO people for a sure kill but pilots still end up farming infantry. Hmmmm I wonder why? 

Well, I already saw people manning the base Flak for the entire round and did absolutely nothing else than sitting there. 🦆
  • InS_Hypno
    608 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The thing is you can't balance using the top players as your reference point.  If you make it easier to down top pilots or those working in a team, then mediocre pilots will stand no chance. Of course its no fun being bomed for the 10th time by teh same pilot, but if thats the case change server
    You do balance based on the top players since they are using the god damn thing as intended

You don't balance around people who don't know what they are doing aka the mediocre

The mediocre pilot has the option to get good in order to kill people
  • spychodelics
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno said:
    The thing is you can't balance using the top players as your reference point.  If you make it easier to down top pilots or those working in a team, then mediocre pilots will stand no chance. Of course its no fun being bomed for the 10th time by teh same pilot, but if thats the case change server
    You do balance based on the top players since they are using the god damn thing as intended

You don't balance around people who don't know what they are doing aka the mediocre

Beware, they try to harm you if you tell them to get better. 
  • spychodelics
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Well, I already saw people manning the base Flak for the entire round and did absolutely nothing else than sitting there. 🦆
    I am one of those guys so are my squadmates, usually this or i equip a FF, most times i am on the ground the sky is clear, no one even bothers to fly. 
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think what is wrong with those four players is they are from the same clan and probably ignored each other all match so they could farm infantry. Tards.
  • BlackRabbit9090
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They need to buff stationary AA and tank AA with both longer range, faster projectiles and a bit more damage! Also up the damage a bit! Pilots dont fear AA in BFV, and thats a problem, A needs buff so we can kill all these pilot k/d farmer noobs!!!
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They need to buff stationary AA and tank AA with both longer range, faster projectiles and a bit more damage! Also up the damage a bit! Pilots dont fear AA in BFV, and thats a problem, A needs buff so we can kill all these pilot k/d farmer noobs!!!

And at the same time punish people who want to learn to fly.

It would be just better to give all planes an actual learning curve. So it promotes people who are really interested into flying instead of brainlessly farming infantry.
  • BlackRabbit9090
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

And at the same time punish people who want to learn to fly.

It would be just better to give all planes an actual learning curve. So it promotes people who are really interested into flying instead of brainlessly farming infantry.

Then they need to learn from the start that flying close to an AA is a bad idea, I see no problems with this! AA needs huge buff so we can counter these plane k/d farmers!
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not really sure I agree with the whole, stuff can not be really effective against pro's so newbs can enjoy the game or learn to do something. Whatever happened to the rewards of perseverance? 

But that goes both ways. For example the AA should require skill too, and not be a brainless easy counter. 

• StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Many issues.
    AA is usually badly positioned and isolated. Some of the Japanese maps have guns positioned surrounded by trees that block out large chunks of the sky... they chopped down trees to make they walls of the gun pit... but couldn’t cut down the obstructions?) so time is wasted deploying mines to clear all the stupid trees out of they way.

(This is typical of many BF games where guns are placed by idiots... I’m not sure why some of the artillery pieces are where they are... placed with extremely poor fields of fire.)

Also easily killed and pathetic damage 6-12. But I’ve done 190-210 damage to a plane and it’s still flown away. BF1 me and my mate on two AA guns could take out 8-10 planes a round, on that Italian mountain map we’d have a field day. On BFV we can get maybe 3-4... though we still hit as often.

You can ping planes all day. One bomb and your dead.. AA destroyed.

As pointed out, having guys on permanent AA duty from the start helps... I do this on some maps... mostly the new ones... but you have absolutely mentally handicapped team mates that are pissed off because “ptfo”... have had them drive their tanks over me, shoot smoke at me, stand there shooting at me... so it’s a thankless task your tactically inept team mates don’t appreciate, but you save many of your fellow pilots lives... maybe they do.

Secondly it’s a fairly boring job for large periods... you get very few kills, despite 300-400 hits on planes, you will be killed quite often as pilots can kill you FAR easier. Best way is to be miked up with a pilot, who can draw enemies to you or a mate on mobile AA to back you up from out of bomb blast radius. Some games you can sit there, the enemy pilots know your there and keep away... so you do a little damage here and there, some pilots get annoyed so come back to destroy you... which they can quite easily.

• sasqch10
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    AA needs a buff??!! Exactly why BF5 is never going to be a good game. Get in an airplane and everything damages it but people complain that everything doesn’t damage it enough on every shot though same people complain that a bomb should be a headshot kill which is almost how they have been made! Ridiculous
  • Player_rs688is9
    93 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I miss BF1942 when the planes were designed to kill other planes and drop bombs on tanks and not farming like we have now. When it took skill to be a pilot, now its just a circus of farming.

Havnt played bf3 and 4 But im sure it took more skill to dogfight? Even in bf1 it took some skill to dogfight But the infantryfarming was insane there to.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2020
    I miss BF1942 when the planes were designed to kill other planes and drop bombs on tanks and not farming like we have now. When it took skill to be a pilot, now its just a circus of farming.

Havnt played bf3 and 4 But im sure it took more skill to dogfight? Even in bf1 it took some skill to dogfight But the infantryfarming was insane there to.
    As a tanker in both games, in fact any other BF game I played, ever had a problem with facing really good pilots. Yea, they took me out, it could be hell (BUT IN A FUN WAY). That said I don't count rush mode bf3, and there was a small spell where in bf3 CQ they made the jets too OP, (they basically could wipe a tank out on full health in one run) lol sound familiar? Then switched it back. Also I don't count the mess in BC2 atacama desert at launch. But everything else was just fine. 

I had options like canister shells, sabot rounds, even tv lock on shells, reactive armour plates, really good secondary gunner positions, active shields, really good smoke launchers. I was an engineer with my own options from AT to AA weapons right down to customising my primary weapon. We had no exit animations, attrition, or over the top disables, and we had things like AI AA at the home base. Maps had great design with plenty of cover to break LOS, and provide protection. Whole buildings a tank could fight within backed by proxy scan if you had a secondary helping you.

Vehicles spawned on the map and always applied your setup so ANYONE could get hold of MAA (which worked). It was never a case of having to choose it over a tank if you are lucky enough to get a vehicle slot.

Even if the tank got destroyed, you could quickly get out, and you had a fun class you could work on and improve and customise so the game was still fun, you could even get another tank! Not like BFV with an awful rubbish generic whoever with some mines ZZZZZ or some generic vehicle perhaps on some maps... ZzZzZz ..... So boring. Talk about how to make a game fun. 
  • VOLBANKER
    1719 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Can a moderator release my comment, please?
    I don't know what I said in it since it requires approval :)
  • VOLBANKER
    1719 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just played a round of Fjell Conquest, where there were two pilots on each team.
    So it was well-balanced pilot-wise.
    The K/D of those pilots were:

- United Kingdom:
    Eckerkiller (Spitfire MK VB)
    50/6

Parpaings (Spitfire MK VB)
    54/0

- Germany:
    Ericssonly (JU-88 A)
    48-6

kaktusxl (JU-88 A)
    52-2

I was on AA most of the match and downed 5 planes. The pilots were really good as mentioned, so downing 5 was actually ok.

But here's my point: Planes can STILL get 50 kills on Fjell Conquest, almost without dying.

I had some duels with Eckerkiller, and he won every time simply because he could fire a rocket or whatever it was from afar.
    I had no counter at all against that.

I thought planes were a bit better balanced after the update, but apparently not.
  • InS_Hypno
    608 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno said:

Beware, they try to harm you if you tell them to get better. 
    I know that already, the forum is full of bad players with **** balancing advice who wants to walk a thousand miles, get deleted by a prone mmg and start again