Community Broadcast: Weapon Adjustments in 6.2

15678911»

Comments

• X_Sunslayer_X
    1498 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MacTurdy said:
    I think that the medic class in general is pretty hard to balance in this game because of attrition and the fact that the medic class is the only one that has unlimited self-healing capabilities. For me 5.2 was quite annoying since to me it felt like almost everyone used the medic and some SMGs, it was a very frustrating experience in general and it even got worse when they launched the Type 2A. Now the class is weaker in terms of combat again, but to be honest I do not have any clue what DICE could do. If they buff the medic too much the game becomes unenjoyable for me because I am not willing to fight against players all the time that can heal up immediately again after being hit. On the other hand I can also understand some of the frustration becuase I can understand that SMGs are not that useful on large-scale maps like Hamada or some others. 

It is just a difficult thing, of course you want the medic class to be fun to play but on the other hand you cannot give them very good weapons otherwise this would lead to a medic-spam, which would make the game unenjoyable. 

well removing attrition would solve almost all our problems. but i might wish for easter and christmas on the same day aswell.
    slow RPM SMGs are now laughably useless with insane horizontal recoil and a DMG model worse then its ever been. same for basiacally any slow RPM weapon again. SARs are again the new META and medic is back to bootom feeder since f them i guess DICE is absolutely clueless but at the very least the BETA phase for BFV is going rather well i guess because this game has turned 180° for what seems to be the 5th time in a year......

• grrlpurple
    843 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    6.2 has made bolt action carbines, pistol carbines, lmgs and slow firing smgs completely pointless on console.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    6.2 has made bolt action carbines, pistol carbines, lmgs and slow firing smgs completely pointless on console.

Same on pc. At least in big maps. Have to see how things go in grind and small maps in general.
  • Private_Tom_7
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There are too many campers due to enhanced semi-auto and sniper rifles.
    very boring.
    I think that aggressive players should be favored,and we need to rebalance weapons.

• peas9675
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 11
    i was an aggresive player with the Thompson medic gun, now with the added recoil, I feel it is harder to play more aggressive.

I am on xbox so controllers should be thought about as we can't control the recoil as much as a mouse user can from pc.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MacTurdy said:
    I think that the medic class in general is pretty hard to balance in this game because of attrition and the fact that the medic class is the only one that has unlimited self-healing capabilities. For me 5.2 was quite annoying since to me it felt like almost everyone used the medic and some SMGs, it was a very frustrating experience in general and it even got worse when they launched the Type 2A. Now the class is weaker in terms of combat again, but to be honest I do not have any clue what DICE could do. If they buff the medic too much the game becomes unenjoyable for me because I am not willing to fight against players all the time that can heal up immediately again after being hit. On the other hand I can also understand some of the frustration becuase I can understand that SMGs are not that useful on large-scale maps like Hamada or some others. 

It is just a difficult thing, of course you want the medic class to be fun to play but on the other hand you cannot give them very good weapons otherwise this would lead to a medic-spam, which would make the game unenjoyable. 

well removing attrition would solve almost all our problems. but i might wish for easter and christmas on the same day aswell.
    slow RPM SMGs are now laughably useless with insane horizontal recoil and a DMG model worse then its ever been. same for basiacally any slow RPM weapon again. SARs are again the new META and medic is back to bootom feeder since f them i guess DICE is absolutely clueless but at the very least the BETA phase for BFV is going rather well i guess because this game has turned 180° for what seems to be the 5th time in a year......

Removing attrition would finally allow for the classes and weapons to be appropriately balanced. To have this much recoil and damage drop offs on a 514 or 450 rpm weapon is insane.
  • Private_Tom_7
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The recoil is too strong to play with ps4 and xbox pad.
    this will reduce the number of players.
  • rorypreston
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Given it some thought and I'm not sure this is an improvement on 5.0 - the slow firing smgs and lmgs have suffered massively but it's 1000x better than 5.2
  • DonKarnage79
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe they should reduce the recoil a little bit to balance the one bullet more to kill. But overall i prefer the recoil of 6.2 to the laser guns of 5.2.
  • ChaiFox
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 15
    I stopped playing for 5 months during the whole TTK 5.2 (aka lets take a dump all over the lmg/mmgs) and recently came back to the game hoping that it would be playable again. As a support player that does not run and gun in your face rush b cyka blyat its so unenjoyable its honestly making me regret buying the game. The fact that the support class is out performed at every range it feels like I'm being forced to grab the bar/fg42 and play like a chunky assault (which why bother because you have a smaller mag, worse rof, and worse recoil).
    Every game so far has been a chore. You either get constantly body shot by zh snipers, sniped by stg spammers, and then when you finally make it to the point a 2a using medic shreds your team in .2 seconds then shrugs off all damage using their infinite healing.
    And lets not even start on the mmg gameplay and the nerf gun like damage at range.

If I wanted to play cod I'd go and buy cod.
  • DonKarnage79
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 15
    Disagree. The Ke7, the Lewis and the Type 97 are very good choices. And the Type 11 can make enemy players very angry. If you want a game with faster TTK and guns with no recoil than go and play Modern Warfare.
  • rorypreston
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ChaiFox said:
    I stopped playing for 5 months during the whole TTK 5.2 (aka lets take a dump all over the lmg/mmgs) and recently came back to the game hoping that it would be playable again. As a support player that does not run and gun in your face rush b cyka blyat its so unenjoyable its honestly making me regret buying the game. The fact that the support class is out performed at every range it feels like I'm being forced to grab the bar/fg42 and play like a chunky assault (which why bother because you have a smaller mag, worse rof, and worse recoil).
    Every game so far has been a chore. You either get constantly body shot by zh snipers, sniped by stg spammers, and then when you finally make it to the point a 2a using medic shreds your team in .2 seconds then shrugs off all damage using their infinite healing.
    And lets not even start on the mmg gameplay and the nerf gun like damage at range.

If I wanted to play cod I'd go and buy cod.
    I bought CoD in the end - not regretting it. You should really be entitled to a refund as the game you paid for isn't the game you got. Paid full price for a CTE. Even though the half revert is infinitely better than 5.2 the game just isn't as fun as it was during 5.0 - DICE have tried to please everyone and as a result have pleased no-one. I never planned on boycotting battlefield during the 5.2 era but the new CoD is really good. They should just either revert everything but the bolt actions to 5.0 if they're not going to fix the servers because one frame deaths and lag are the most consistent thing about this game. Until then I'm sticking with CoD, sick of the way BFV has been handled 
  • dariarty
    187 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It may be better to raise the bullets per mag of the LMG's like the FG-42 and the BAR. 

I'm still encountering hit reg issues regularly on PS4 EU and also regularly seeing + 100 damage on single players, so small round mag's for Support can be quite a hindrance. I wouldn't want them to be OP but raising the bullets to say 30 per mag on console at least should be okay. 

Also with the return to a higher TTK the issues regarding TTK/TTD imbalance, death behind cover etc have returned to greater prominence, do Dice have any information on when this issue will at least be attempted to be resolved on PS4? @Braddock512 @PartWelsh
  • rorypreston
    Why did the planes need a maneouverability nerf?
  • talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    GrizzGolf wrote: »
    Why are people saying AR are weak?

Because they got slightly altered 5.2 damage models with 5.0 recoil, same with the smgs. So the ttk for these weapons are nearly identical to 5.2 but you are facing 5.0 SARs and SLRs. The Geweher 1-5 will beat the STG44 past 10 meters for reference, sub 600 rpm smgs are even worse.

Only SLRs back their former glory. Most SARs require one more shot to kill at range then 5.0.
  • otiscamps
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    6.2 = same lame severs , drop frames, poor team balance, 200+ latency players in nearly every lobby , no tracking still ,,, over and out
  • berryflare
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    anti material rifle is useless beyond 100 meter, very hard to target plane or tank at that range which is why it need the bullet velocity increase to compete against with any bolt action or self-load rifle  ( currently bullet velocity is 450 m/s it need at least 600 m/s the old bolt action rifle velocity )