Authentic WW2 sliding

Comments

• Synderz123
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    I think sliding is a great addition - the distance you can get with it isn't that great (enough to maybe slide into cover in the nick of time), and it's not as if you can spam it back to back, there's definitely a 2~ second delay between activations. Never really had difficulty hitting people who slide, even when sniping.

If the argument is legitimately that it's not realistic or accurate to life, then the point is ultimately moot - there are more blatant fantasy elements and mechanics in this game for the sake of arcade-y gameplay than you can shake a stick at.

Sliding in this game is complete ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. It’s literally the worst mechanic.

Agreed! It's total a!ds and needs to be either removed or severely overhauled.
  • InS_Hypno
    608 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    InS_Hypno wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Oh a guy who can't break 15% accuracy who's blaming the game instead of actually getting good
    You are the hypocrite mate

I guess you have never heard a combat role named as Machine gunner. And its focused fire trait says:
    Fully suppressed enemies are spotted for your team.

When playing support, especially with machine gunner combat role you shoot above cover even if you cant see them. This will spot them until their supression is over.

Since you play with nothing but assault its completely fine you dont know it.
    Oh so you're totally fine with mechanics that rewards players for literally missing their shots but you have a massive problem with the one mechanic that allows me to take you down by using my skill

You guys are actually just bad at the game and hate the fact others are better than you
  • diagoro
    1593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    I like the sliding, there should be a penalty though, like not able to fire or massive recoil, same when jumping of a building or mountain. I suppose those physics are too much to ask in this edition.

Like snipers holding a large rifle, with large rounds.....but being able to headshot someone through the 8+ scope while running???
  • TEKNOCODE
    11616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro wrote: »
    I like the sliding, there should be a penalty though, like not able to fire or massive recoil, same when jumping of a building or mountain. I suppose those physics are too much to ask in this edition.

Like snipers holding a large rifle, with large rounds.....but being able to headshot someone through the 8+ scope while running???

End of a round that we were going to lose, so I grabbed a 17x scope and meandered to the back of the map.

Person wasn’t too happy after this...

CrispSorrowfulFoxterrier-max-1mb.gif
  • diagoro
    1593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

End of a round that we were going to lose, so I grabbed a 17x scope and meandered to the back of the map.

Hahaha....in mid slide even.
  • talhaONE
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Oh so you're totally fine with mechanics that rewards players for literally missing their shots but you have a massive problem with the one mechanic that allows me to take you down by using my skill

You guys are actually just bad at the game and hate the fact others are better than you

Do you have any idea about how suppression works? Seriously learn it then we'll talk.

And no sliding requires no damn skill to do it.
  • sasqch10
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It shows how broken the game is that it cannot be fixed. As stupid as a invisible, because Dice and laying down with an MMG is a game design strategy the thought that with 1000 rounds flying at your face you can still just pop off rounds back with light to zero effect is........well....BF5
  • The_BERG_366
    2817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    one of the biggest complaints of people about this game has always been how campy it is. sliding is one of the few mechanics in this game that actually enables you to get an edge on all the campers. the last thing we need is to limit the effectiveness of sliding and jumping just to increase the effectiveness of camping around even more. 

there seems to be a decent amount of battlefield players that simply neither want to learn any kind of movement depth nor allow anyone else to learn it and hence get an edge over them. This seems to also show in this thread....
    time and time again, people claimed that the series was "dumbed down" and caters to noobs nowadays yet those same people also want to remove aspects that differentiate good players from bad ones (such as movement). 

Movement should be predictable and not easily exploited.

The current Slide maybe to frequent in usability to some. To me it is fine in slide length and I think is about right or a little longer for the pause.

Maybe the spread decrease time between slide and stop is to small. This allows a player who finishes the slide to almost instantly start firing with crutch spread. That is a huge advantage.

define "easily exploited". like in what way is the slide now "exploited"? is simply using slide an "exploit"?

what do you mean by "spread decrease time between slide and stop"? ads base spread on crouch and stand is identical for all weapons, so I don't know what advantage you're talking about.
    Re-Read, I said it was fine and the suggestion that I made would make less aggressive and more defensive movement.

When you move, you have movement spread when you stop, you have stationary spread in norm play there is a figure to how quick that decrease occurs. In BF4 LMG had a relatively high transition it meant that you need to be still for a little bit otherwise if fired you would have movement spread for a time even when your are stationary.

Did I say ADS? Maybe check out Hip.

you said "To me it is fine in slide length and I think is about right or a little longer for the pause.". however you started your reply with "Movement should be predictable and not easily exploited.". so either you want to imply that the slide is easily exploited in which case my question is justified, or you don't want to imply that in which case i'd have to ask you why you mention it in your reply to me in the first place. either way i don't see why i need to re-read. 

i think you mix up two different things here: movement vs stationary spread and crouch vs stand spread. anyways i think the scenario you're describing contains a player that slides and then starts firing when the slide is about to end or already ended. you then conclude that said player was still just moving but is now almost instantly able to start firing with crouch stationary base spread.
    Now that isn't true. first of all when sliding you're not in "crouch position". to start the slide you have to be running (full speed), hence you can't be crouched. when you slide you don't change your state to "crouch", meaning you won't benefit from any crouch hip spread advantages. you can of course press the crouch button while sliding but then the slide immediately stops. also people normally start shooting before they are at a full stop. in fact most people that use crouch offensively start to shoot mid slide, meaning that they have the same spread as they would have when starting to fire after running. theres no difference in this regard...
    now talking about moving vs stationary, i have never seen anyone sliding, going to a full stop, then start firing from the hip to only then start strafing again. 
  • Hawxxeye
    7960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE said:

Your slider seems to be sliding normally.
    It is very different from that guy in my video
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sliding isn't the best, it is a bit too long.
    However in the op the fov makes things seem worse, the problem with high fov is horizontal movement is greatly exaggerated.
    Also it seems to be a katana pickup which ups the speed something crazy, doesn't feel like it when playing with it but when watching other people they move so quick i don't know why they even bothered attempting to animate it.
  • Hawxxeye
    7960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sliding isn't the best, it is a bit too long.
    However in the op the fov makes things seem worse, the problem with high fov is horizontal movement is greatly exaggerated.
    Also it seems to be a katana pickup which ups the speed something crazy, doesn't feel like it when playing with it but when watching other people they move so quick i don't know why they even bothered attempting to animate it.
    Yeah the visual can get exaggerated with the FoV but his slide did last like 3 sec.
  • The_BERG_366
    2817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

Yeah the visual can get exaggerated with the FoV but his slide did last like 3 sec.

when I watched it I saw a normal slide followed by a bs looking animation of a long range katana attack. however these attacks always look like bs (similar to the cavalry melee attacks in bf1 at launch). I think the issue here was the katana, not the slide.
  • Hawxxeye
    (Quote)

when I watched it I saw a normal slide followed by a bs looking animation of a long range katana attack. however these attacks always look like bs (similar to the cavalry melee attacks in bf1 at launch). I think the issue here was the katana, not the slide.

So there is some mechanic that sucks people into the blade like in the pre nerf BF1 bayonet charge?
  • TEKNOCODE
    11616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Your slider seems to be sliding normally.It is very different from that guy in my video

You should have seen him sliding up the hills and around corners.
  • Hawxxeye
    TEKNOCODE said:
    (Quote)

Your slider seems to be sliding normally.It is very different from that guy in my video

You should have seen him sliding up the hills and around corners.

So he was doing that all over the game?  You did god's work there then.
  • TEKNOCODE
    (Quote)

Most people spam it nonstop. Up hills, down hills, around corners.

I’m tempted to change the button that I use for spotting to sliding. Would be easier for me to spam and dbag it up.
  • Hawxxeye
    TEKNOCODE said:
    (Quote)

Most people spam it nonstop. Up hills, down hills, around corners.

I’m tempted to change the button that I use for spotting to sliding. Would be easier for me to spam and dbag it up.
    Is it not the way sliding works a double press of the crouch button?

• DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

No, you can change to a single press. I have single mouse button.
  • Snookray83
    41 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the silly adad movement is more of a problem than the sliding imo, I've never seen a slide like that in the video really as ridiculous as it looks.
  • TEKNOCODE
    (Quote)

Sorry, should have clarified. I use the elite 2 controller.

When I use the crouch button, I take my thumb away from the right stick.

I use the upper right paddle for spotting. It would be easier for me to spam slide if I changed crouch to that paddle.